Robsonball

13 minutes ago, NEM said:

Huge cracks papered over with a scraped win tonight.

Get him to fuck

He’s not going anywhere for the foreseeable. If you really squint you could bring up we have won 3 out of our last 4 games incl a euro win against top opposition and narrowly lost a cup final by a single goal.

IMO that’s what the esteemed fmb will be doing. 
interestingly autocorrect tried to change fmb to dumb. No coincidences as hat crackpot tuts would probably say. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

He’s not going anywhere for the foreseeable. If you really squint you could bring up we have won 3 out of our last 4 games incl a euro win against top opposition and narrowly lost a cup final by a single goal.

IMO that’s what the esteemed fmb will be doing. 
interestingly autocorrect tried to change fmb to dumb. No coincidences as hat crackpot tuts would probably say. 

We’d have been as well losing the cup final by 10 goals given the manner of the defeat….

Has to abandon the back 3 if he really wants to keep his job. 

Roos

Devlin Rubezic MacDonald Jensen 

Polvara. Barron. Shinnie 

McGrath                               Duk

Miovski 

Would be my selection.  Not perfect but the best we can do until the window where a central midfielder, a right winger and a left back are essential. 

One thing that I’d like to get spelled out is, how much of a say does Robson have in recruitment?

For example, after he’s told the HoR the type and position of player he wants, say an attacking full/wing back for example, is he then given a list of 3 players from the HoR and he then ranks them 1, 2 and 3 accordingly, and then the DoF goes after them?

Given we are largely fishing in foreign waters, if Robson has the final say,  how does go about analysing McGarry for example, or Dadia, or Williams, or Ruby etc etc? Papa Gueye? Wyscout? Or YouTube? 

Seems we have signed at least 4 pups this season, although at least 2 of them are only on loan so we can hopefully cut our losses on them but Gueye and McGarry look really really bad pieces of business 

Or is Cormack forcing more players on his manager, to try and build his player trading model, whether Robson likes it or not?

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

One thing that I’d like to get spelled out is, how much of a say does Robson have in recruitment?

For example, after he’s told the HoR the type and position of player he wants, say an attacking full/wing back for example, is he then given a list of 3 players from the HoR and he then ranks them 1, 2 and 3 accordingly, and then the DoF goes after them?

Given we are largely fishing in foreign waters, if Robson has the final say,  how does go about analysing McGarry for example, or Dadia, or Williams, or Ruby etc etc? Papa Gueye? Wyscout? Or YouTube? 

Seems we have signed at least 4 pups this season, although at least 2 of them are only on loan so we can hopefully cut our losses on them but Gueye and McGarry look really really bad pieces of business 

Or is Cormack forcing more players on his manager, to try and build his player trading model, whether Robson likes it or not?

I think paragraph 2 is fairly accurate.

There’s not a chance Robson will have even heard of Gueye, McGarry& a few others before the HoR puts them in front of him. 

Why can’t Robson see that 4-4-2 is far better for the players he has.

Devlin RB 

Jensen LB

options between Rubi,MacDonald & Gartenman for central pairing

Not much options on RW other than Morris’s pace tbf 🙄 

Duk can be very effective on LW

Polvora starting to look like our best central mid but can mix up with 4/4/2 & 4/5/1 with shuffling between Miovski & Sokler up front (sacrificing a midfielder for 4/4/2) & Miovski on own up front in the 4/5/1 when more ‘defensive’ & needing the 3 central mids.

Point is though that even with our limited options centrally that there are loads of variables (better ones) than that fkn SHITE 3 at back the cunt insists is his best formation. 

Best we have looked in any games this season going forward has been the few times the cunt has basically been forced to revert to a back 4 later in a few second halves when chasing games.

He really is a fkn brutal manager. Teams have his ‘go to’ main tactic totally fkn sussed. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Hoofball said:

His tactics and formation don’t allow the team to perform to its ability 

I know that full well. The guy just isn’t qualified for the job.

But the point still stands - there’s fuck all reason he shouldn’t be winning these games (other than his own incompetence) so let’s see it.

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Has to abandon the back 3 if he really wants to keep his job. 

Roos

Devlin Rubezic MacDonald Jensen 

Polvara. Barron. Shinnie 

McGrath                               Duk

Miovski 

Would be my selection.  Not perfect but the best we can do until the window where a central midfielder, a right winger and a left back are essential. 

I'd go with that, but probably have Clarkson instead of Shinnie. Barron and Polvara deeper and Clarkson playing more as a no10. I'd give Devlin or Barron the captaincy (if Barron is signing a new deal). Bizzarely, I do think Morris could be of some use in that formation too, and Ryan Duncan might look a bit more effective as well.

7 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Why does it have to be either down to Robson or Cormack?

They have a recruitment team and they’ll work with the manager on bringing in players.

I reckon Cormack has fuck all to do with it other than setting out the trading strategy itself.

And I’d say it’s working fine, there’s been plenty of decent signings the last 2 years so they just need to keep doing what they are doing.

There will always be some failure in the transfer market.

For whatever collection of players you've assembled as part of your trading stradegee, you need a manager with the expertise and flexibility to find formations that work for them.  Otherwise you get talented midfielders reduced to watching the ball get repeatedly punted over their heads, or Anthony Stewart trying to be a silky, ball-playing centre half.

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Some interesting chat from the players the other day.

Out for a few coca colas and pal asked what's with the rangers celtic thing, is it a mental block.

1 player specifically said 'we believe we can get at Rangers man for man but Celtic we know they are better man for man than us'.

Our own players... 

gads

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

Some interesting chat from the players the other day.

Out for a few coca colas and pal asked what's with the rangers celtic thing, is it a mental block.

1 player specifically said 'we believe we can get at Rangers man for man but Celtic we know they are better man for man than us'.

Our own players... 

*player.

He'd not be wrong though. I think Miovski is currently the only player who I'd think could walk into the current starting XI.

Duk could probably get a game off the bench and possibly kick on from there. A couple of others have potential to improve to that level.

Doesn't mean we still shouldn't be trying to find a way to beat them, but they are currently better "man for man" overall.