Robsonball

Just now, Dandyesque said:

*player.

He'd not be wrong though. I think Miovski is currently the only player who I'd think could walk into the current starting XI.

Duk could probably get a game off the bench and possibly kick on from there. A couple of others have potential to improve to that level.

Doesn't mean we still shouldn't be trying to find a way to beat them, but they are currently better "man for man" overall.

So they should be with the buying power they have, how much on the polish cd reject ? 4.5 million?, when was the last time Aberdeen even payed out 1 million on a player?

paul Bernard?. They should be light years ahead

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Roberto said:

Some interesting chat from the players the other day.

Out for a few coca colas and pal asked what's with the rangers celtic thing, is it a mental block.

1 player specifically said 'we believe we can get at Rangers man for man but Celtic we know they are better man for man than us'.

Our own players... 

they’re better man for man than every team in the league, we’re the only one who turn up and get spanked 6-0 though 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

well well ladies, he is safe until the Clyde game.

4 points or less out of 15 would have been a sacking and now that he's on 3/12, and having avoided defeat at Dens, he's damn near home and hosed now.

Robson entertaining us even when the game is off

"I just wanted to win three games in a row"

28 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

speaking of compo does anyone know if he's on a fixed contract to May 2025 or does it revert to a one year rolling contract once he gets to 12 months to go?

Don’t think it matters. Most contracts nowadays have an ‘agreed’ compensation pay off (regardless of length left) of about 3 months wages. 
I know that’s what Hibs do as they learned their lesson. 
Basically like any other job now where you get a standard 3 month notice type for teams like ours.

Lenghth of contract essentially means fk all unless you are hitting targets & no way can Robson be doing that in league at least

37 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Don’t think it matters. Most contracts nowadays have an ‘agreed’ compensation pay off (regardless of length left) of about 3 months wages. 
I know that’s what Hibs do as they learned their lesson. 
Basically like any other job now where you get a standard 3 month notice type for teams like ours.

Lenghth of contract essentially means fk all unless you are hitting targets & no way can Robson be doing that in league at least

If an ITK'r confirmed this I'd be much happier to bin him in January

On 12/23/2023 at 2:23 PM, Tord31 said:

well well ladies, he is safe until the Clyde game.

4 points or less out of 15 would have been a sacking and now that he's on 3/12, and having avoided defeat at Dens, he's damn near home and hosed now.

Full points so far is not what I expected.

Absolute SAFE.

What. a. guy.

Covid saved McInnes and climate change saved Robbo

• Dildo 1
On 12/23/2023 at 6:44 PM, Dandyesque said:

Thought this article with Klopp was an interesting read.

It turns out he thinks having loads of matches crammed in to a short period of time isn't helpful, against the opinions of some of the experts on here.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/22/how-is-that-fair-klopp-questions-busy-fixture-list-with-player-welfare-concerns?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Very true. He states they have only been able to train for 2 hours in the last 10 days. Many contributors have questioned Robson when he mentions the lack of time to train.

4 minutes ago, G man said:

Very true. He states they have only been able to train for 2 hours in the last 10 days. Many contributors have questioned Robson when he mentions the lack of time to train.

Why were we losing matches when we were able to train as much as Robson wanted? 

If Barry doesn't realise the benefits of the formation he played against County going forward, and then tinkers back to 3 at the back, then it will be a nail in his coffin. You could see the players relishing playing in that game, especially the midfield. They were always looking to pass to feet. A rare sight indeed.

2 minutes ago, G man said:

When the European fixtures started we had only lost one game and that was at home to Celtic.

Ok then, why were we largely shit in games then?

Another concern here is, if we haven't been able to train, why have so many players looked 'off it' and leggy, surely no training would mean more rest?  It's just excuse after excuse with him, no wonder patience is running low with him amongst some at the club.  

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

Ok then, why were we largely shit in games then?

Another concern here is, if we haven't been able to train, why have so many players looked 'off it' and leggy, surely no training would mean more rest?  It's just excuse after excuse with him, no wonder patience is running low with him amongst some at the club.  

I have said this for months now, but something is clearly off, because this is not an old team by any means and professional players who are in the prime of their career should not be struggling like this. What the hell are these new training facilities for? 

22 minutes ago, minijc said:

Why were we losing matches when we were able to train as much as Robson wanted? 

Because his training methods like his tactical methods in games where should have won,  have no fricking method in them.  Hence the postion the team is in now.  Everyone would like to see the team up there in third spot but not with Barry Robson in charge.  Cormack and his team of spastics need to take a rain check and waken up and stop wishing and hoping we will automatically go creeping up to 3 rd spot. 
it’s not going to happen, the management have no vision and where there’s no vision it all goes to shit. 

• Like 1