Robsonball

2 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

It is.

Probably the last one was the one you just went back in time and sacked even earlier. 

It's really important that either Robson turns things round or the next appointment is bang on.

We could turn into Hibs otherwise. 100 and how many years was it for them?

He wasn't up to it, and it had been clear for some time that he wasn't up to it. 

Sacking him earlier would have given us, at the very least, a two year jump on where we are now. 

I don't get why we can't target a decent manager.. two of the last three haven't even been managers, and the third had nothing but a track record of mediocrity. Between the three of them they have an empty CV. 

I will point out that my boy Challinor, just won again with 10 first team players out. Still top of the league, still ahead of Billionaire Wrexham, looking at yet another promotion. 

But let's just hire a mate or a youth team coach, that seems the better option. 

https://www.transfermarkt.us/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

There’s a list of about 500 managers that are currently without a club & I would hazard a guess that ‘without even looking through it’ even the worst on the list is better than Robson & would do a better job than him with current squad

Although I did notice Alan Tate is on first page 🤣

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

He wasn't up to it, and it had been clear for some time that he wasn't up to it. 

Sacking him earlier would have given us, at the very least, a two year jump on where we are now. 

I don't get why we can't target a decent manager.. two of the last three haven't even been managers, and the third had nothing but a track record of mediocrity. Between the three of them they have an empty CV. 

I will point out that my boy Challinor, just won again with 10 first team players out. Still top of the league, still ahead of Billionaire Wrexham, looking at yet another promotion. 

But let's just hire a mate or a youth team coach, that seems the better option. 

I don't disagree with anything you've said, which does not invalidate ny point in the slightest.

We'd have had, who? Kettlewell or Robinson who'd have been binned after Cormack came in. Probably deservedly. Would we have reached Robson by now or would we have learned our lesson before appointing Goodwin? It all feels like it would work out about the same somehow based on the recruitment processes so far.

Challinor is as good a shout as any.

8 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

I don't disagree with anything you've said, which does not invalidate ny point in the slightest.

We'd have had, who? Kettlewell or Robinson who'd have been binned after Cormack came in. Probably deservedly. Would we have reached Robson by now or would we have learned our lesson before appointing Goodwin? It all feels like it would work out about the same somehow based on the recruitment processes so far.

Challinor is as good a shout as any.

Not trying to invalidate your points... I guess the bottom line is we'd be in a far better place if Cormack had any kind of competency when it comes to hiring managers. 

Unfortunately he doesn't... so here we still are. 

15 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Not trying to invalidate your points... I guess the bottom line is we'd be in a far better place if Cormack had any kind of competency when it comes to hiring managers. 

Unfortunately he doesn't... so here we still are. 

Agreed. And sorry if that came over passive aggressive- this place can be somewhat confrontational...

• Like 1

So nearly bottom of the table at one point.

Shite results for the past few months, currently 8th in league, shite results in Europe, pissed off fans, players clearly not good enough and yet no fucking signings this window?

WTF AFC??????????

Is this a team with great ambition?

Mediocre bullshit.

2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

So nearly bottom of the table at one point.

Shite results for the past few months, currently 8th in league, shite results in Europe, pissed off fans, players clearly not good enough and yet no fucking signings this window?

WTF AFC??????????

Is this a team with great ambition?

Mediocre bullshit.

Top 100 ambitions min 

Glass and Robson, managerial novices. Goodwin, sparse CV and not exactly blowing the bloody doors off at St Mirren. Guys more than willing to play Sooty to Cormack's, Matthew Corbett.

The one Cormack manager who doesn't fit the sock puppet profile is the one he inherited. The time was right to part company with McInnes, but he was done for regardless.

We're more than willing to spend on players, clearly not all of whom fit the profile of whichever manager we happen to have in charge (and we've no footballing philosophy). So why wouldn't we spend on a manager?

The bigger a managers reputation and the salary they command, the more they'll need to be their own man and rise/fall on their own merits. Sadly Cormack is the problem here.

He needs to appoint an experienced, proven manager, then take a massive step back. Accept that his fingers don't belong in every pie and fully invest in the man he's appointed.

• Upvote 3
39 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Glass and Robson, managerial novices. Goodwin, sparse CV and not exactly blowing the bloody doors off at St Mirren. Guys more than willing to play Sooty to Cormack's, Matthew Corbett.

The one Cormack manager who doesn't fit the sock puppet profile is the one he inherited. The time was right to part company with McInnes, but he was done for regardless.

We're more than willing to spend on players, clearly not all of whom fit the profile of whichever manager we happen to have in charge (and we've no footballing philosophy). So why wouldn't we spend on a manager?

The bigger a managers reputation and the salary they command, the more they'll need to be their own man and rise/fall on their own merits. Sadly Cormack is the problem here.

He needs to appoint an experienced, proven manager, then take a massive step back. Accept that his fingers don't belong in every pie and fully invest in the man he's appointed.

Mcinnes was probably earning as much, if not more than all 3 managers that came after him combined.

Cormack went for cheap experiments in hope that if they were successful (no laughing at the back) they would stick around out of ‘loyalty’ if other clubs came after them. 

He can use hindsight now to save from making a fourth managerial appointment mistake. Go big or fk off home to States

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

The Here We Go podcast is well worth a listen this week, they only publish sporadically but the best one, in my opinion. Totally destroy Robson

Agree with that. I do like the Abz but the wifies fitba chat bores the life out of me (I tend to listen whilst driving so can't skip it)

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

The Here We Go podcast is well worth a listen this week, they only publish sporadically but the best one, in my opinion. Totally destroy Robson

We are back in a horrific place where you wonder if you would take a loss tonight to get him to fuck. A win sees him potentially ruin our complete season. I don’t like to see us lose but it’s weighing up what’s better long term. Mental situation to be in. 

• Dildo 3
17 minutes ago, slippers said:

We are back in a horrific place where you wonder if you would take a loss tonight to get him to fuck. A win sees him potentially ruin our complete season. I don’t like to see us lose but it’s weighing up what’s better long term. Mental situation to be in. 

Weirdo.

22 minutes ago, NEM said:

We're not winning the cup with the simpleton in the dugout, even if we fluke our way to the final again we all witnessed in December how it'd go.

So you'd like to see the club humiliated in the cup 2 seasons running as well would you?

Deviant.

52 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

So you'd like to see the club humiliated in the cup 2 seasons running as well would you?

Deviant.

I always want us to win but it'd not be the worst thing to happen to the club if a defeat meant the end of Robsonball.

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

I always want us to win but it'd not be the worst thing to happen to the club if a defeat meant the end of Robsonball.

As much as I don’t want Robson as manager, the last thing I want is a defeat tonight.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, NEM said:

1 hour ago, slippers said:

It would be terrible to lose tonight. As bad as some people think it is to be the laughing stock of Scottish football for the second season in a row would be unbearable. 

23 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

Mental if you want us to lose tonight. Fuck sake I'm not Robson's biggest fan by any means but I don't wish defeat on him or my club. 

I didn’t say I wanted defeat but it’s in your mind when things are as bad as they are is all I meant. We know it’s when and not if. How much damage will he be aloud to do is the worry. Anyway I think tonight will look after itself surely a comfortable win. It’s the St Johnstone game that worries me far more. Winning tonight only gives him an extra 2/3 games to fuck up. 

On 1/15/2024 at 5:59 PM, Ke1t said:

Yes he was. 

And then he wasn't.

The only mistake was we didn't fire him aff the roof two seasons earlier. 

Seem to remember we were playing some good stuff and had a really good start to his last season then we lost a bunch  of players and didn't replace them.Still finished 4th in his last season. If you're going to sack a manager though you need to replace him with somebody better not somebody worse.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, ERNIE said:

Seem to remember we were playing some good stuff and had a really good start to his last season then we lost a bunch  of players and didn't replace them.Still finished 4th in his last season. If you're going to sack a manager though you need to replace him with somebody better not somebody worse.

McInnes was sacked and replaced with somebody worse.

Glass was sacked and replaced with somebody worse.

Goodwin was sacked and replaced with somebody worse (mind blowing).

Dread to think what Cormack has up his sleeve when the inevitable happens with Robson.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Dread to think what Cormack has up his sleeve when the inevitable happens with Robson.

Dundee's ground staff are at a loose end.

32 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Robson's pretty bad but he's not Darvel bad ... yet.

As much as I detest his tactics and man management, he's not been as bad for us as Goodwin was. And if someone says but Goodwin had more points at this point or whatever, I don't care. It's not a contest for me.