Robsonball

1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

I dont think the majority of fans want Robson to go. It's the empty vessels. It was the same at the end of Mcinnes's tenure. Now some people on here who wanted him gone want him back. It was madness to get rid of McInnes. 

Robson has had to rebuild a team. It takes time. The Board had little choice but to appoint Robson. He pulled off a miracle last season and if they hadn't appointed him the majority on here would be attacking them for not following the obvious path by appointing the guy who had proven he could deliver. 

Up until the penalty went against us we were the better team today. In the bigger games we have looked like a good team in the making. He still needs time. 

If the Board bow to this moronic pressure we go back to square one. The Glass team wasn't that far away - it was a work in progress. But we dismantled it and spent money, time and effort rebuilding. I'll accept Goodwin was a bad appointment but before he showed his planet sized ego was inversely proportionate to his ability most people thought it was worth splashing out in bringing him to Pittodrie. 

As for the outrage against Cormack - it's ridiculously pathetic. Most of you lot doing the complaining dont even know what day of the week it is so your views on Cormack are hardly relevant. Unfortunately the negative minority make matters worse and pile pressure on the team, the management team and the board. Who would be a football manager to have to pander to the unstable, unreliable opinions of the volatile minority and the first year secondary kids who fill the Red Shed? 

WOW! 

Speaking from having a vast wealth of experience of speaking some amount of shite on here it is safe to say I am a decent judge on this matter & I have never seen so much misguided SHITE posted in one individual post. 

if it is trolling then it’s is a fkn masterpiece. If it is genuinely serious you are definitely a lost cause. 

That is horrendous.  

• Upvote 1

Robson's atrocious league form for this year has somehow masked by his performances in a handful of important games in each competition.

• Fluked it past Hibs into the LC semi (followed by total capitulation to the huns in the final)
  • That final game win against Frankfurt when we were already out of the competition made our European journey look much better than it was
  • We beat a shit huns team in the league 
  • Been lucky so far in the Scottish cup, drawing (much) lower league opposition

If we hadn't won those few key games this season would look like a complete disaster.  In all the "bread and butter" stuff we've been garbage.

• Site Sponsor
1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

I dont think the majority of fans want Robson to go. It's the empty vessels. It was the same at the end of Mcinnes's tenure. Now some people on here who wanted him gone want him back. It was madness to get rid of McInnes. 

Robson has had to rebuild a team. It takes time. The Board had little choice but to appoint Robson. He pulled off a miracle last season and if they hadn't appointed him the majority on here would be attacking them for not following the obvious path by appointing the guy who had proven he could deliver. 

Up until the penalty went against us we were the better team today. In the bigger games we have looked like a good team in the making. He still needs time. 

If the Board bow to this moronic pressure we go back to square one. The Glass team wasn't that far away - it was a work in progress. But we dismantled it and spent money, time and effort rebuilding. I'll accept Goodwin was a bad appointment but before he showed his planet sized ego was inversely proportionate to his ability most people thought it was worth splashing out in bringing him to Pittodrie. 

As for the outrage against Cormack - it's ridiculously pathetic. Most of you lot doing the complaining dont even know what day of the week it is so your views on Cormack are hardly relevant. Unfortunately the negative minority make matters worse and pile pressure on the team, the management team and the board. Who would be a football manager to have to pander to the unstable, unreliable opinions of the volatile minority and the first year secondary kids who fill the Red Shed? 

What a crock of utter shite.

Robson is tactically inept and the Board need to get shot now.

• Upvote 5
51 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Robson's atrocious league form for this year has somehow masked by his performances in a handful of important games in each competition.

• Fluked it past Hibs into the LC semi (followed by total capitulation to the huns in the final)
  • That final game win against Frankfurt when we were already out of the competition made our European journey look much better than it was

If we hadn't won those few key games this season would look like a complete disaster.  In all the "bread and butter" stuff we've been garbage.

This. Absolutely. 

I'm 2000% certain that every time Swiss Tony gets asked about sacking Robson, he quotes the games above. 

We would have been better off getting fucking thumped in every European game, because the fact that we competed has given Robson leeway. 

3 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Stay off the glue Gunner 😂

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Most of you lot doing the complaining dont even know what day of the week it is so your views on Cormack are hardly relevant. 

A look at your posting history suggests there's something very weird about you, like someone doing an impression of Davey boy. 

I have enjoyed the many clues - the speech patterns, apparent insider knowledge, discussion of financial performance, a hatred for the BBC and Nicola Sturgeon, the obligatory reference to 'King Joey'... If this is someone LARPing then I'm pretty impressed by what you've done here.

Perhaps a little too obvious? 

6 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

DILDO

This is quite an accolade, but this has to be one of THE worst ever posts I’ve ever read on this forum.

Every single word is an absolute crock of unadulterated shite.

You’re so out of touch with reality & the feeling of the Dons support, I’m wondering if this is fishing….

Robson is a bang average 18’s coach who has been promoted beyond his capabilities (same as Steven Gunn, but that’s another story). 

His tactics are invariably shite.  
His substitutions usually are to the detriment of the team. The last two matches highlight that. 
His use of the squad is terrible. 
We have an appalling shots on target record. Up until very recently, the worst in the league. 
We had (not sure if still the case), the worst goals against per game record in the league.  
We have won SIX games in the league. We’re nearly in February.  
And that’s not forgetting he’s clearly thick as fuck & delusional in his press conferences (but he’d get away with that if he was even semi decent at his day job) 

All this whilst spending the most money out with the vermin in Glasgow. 

The fact our Board don’t see this makes them at least as culpable as Robson, as they need to, and should have already, done something about it.

To paraphrase…. You’re talking absolute fucking shite. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

For the love of God will people stop touting McInnes. 

Not a chance he work under Cormack anyway.

Steven Gunn's burner account found.

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

This is quite an accolade, but this has to be one of THE worst ever posts I’ve ever read on this forum.

You’re so out of touch with reality & the feeling of the Dons support, I’m wondering if this is fishing….

Robson is a bang average 18’s coach who has been promoted beyond his capabilities (same as Steven Gunn, but that’s another story). 

His substitutions usually are to the detriment of the team. The last two matches highlight that. 
We have an appalling shots on target record. Up until very recently, the worst in the league. 
We had (not sure if still the case), the worst goals against per game record in the league.  
And that’s not forgetting he’s clearly thick as fuck & delusional in his press conferences (but he’d get away with that if he was even semi decent at his day job) 

The fact our Board don’t see this makes them at least as culpable as Robson, as they need to, and should have already, done something about it.

5 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Reading your post it does need a bit of balance. We beat Hibs in the semi, fact. That is all you want in a cup tie, a win.We were the better team after we went down to 10. Created far more chances than Hibs. 

To win at Ibrox for the first time in 5 years is an achievement. Do not try and make a negative out of that.

l thought we performed much better in the group stages, 1 win, 2 defeats and 3 draws was better than many had expected. If the stonewall pen on MacKenzie had been given v POAK had been given the outcome would have been very different.

Of course we have been lucky in the Scottish cup draw, that is what a cup competition is all about.

28 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

But we have not spent the most money outside the Glasgow twins. We have brought the largest number of players in but have paid fees for about 4/5 only.The largest being on Gueye! 
In fact we took in almost twice as much for McCrorie and Ramadani than we have spent in total. 
Hibs shelled out £900000 on Vente alone.

Maybe your last sentence would be better said about your post.

• Dildo 2

You seem to be suffering from the same delusional thinking as Ernie, TWL and G-man.

It seems some people have no critical faculties at all and can’t see the evidence before their eyes.

Instead you construct complex (or not so complex if your Ernie) explanations why every one is wrong, the glaringly obvious problems don’t really exist and you are the only ones insightful enough to see it.

It’s no wonder there are so many cults in the world. 

7 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Unreal 😳

Oh and can I just add, the club absolutely did not have to give the permanent job to Robson, he earned full consideration but should have been assessed on the same basis as all other candidates. I doubt very much if we had an applicant from outside the club apply with only a handful of games as a manager, no experience as an assistant, no experience as a first team coach we’d have even given them an interview.

Its all very well the club trying to be strong now in the face of supporter pressure now but why wasn’t that strength of character and leadership quality to the fore when appointing the manager?

Are you really suggesting the FMB suddenly grew a pair of bollocks they didn’t have when “bowing to fan pressure” to appoint Robson? It’s nonsense, just an excuse to deflect the failure onto the fans.

Real leadership at the club last year would have been quite capable of saying “we’ve found our guy and believe he is the long term answer based on a good body of evidence of his work- thank you Robbo for your excellent work in a dire situation”

Then offer Robson a coaching position one rung up the ladder from his youth coach role and if he wants to go into management somewhere else no hard feelings.

Fucking hell this isn’t half frustrating.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

RedRevolution could be Cormack. The posting history is a bit worrying. 

In all honesty there are a few of these guys on here who could easily be Willie Garner, Steven Gunn, Dave Cormack and Agnew or Robson himself.

You’d like to say people at the club are far above lowering themselves to arguing with nobodies on the internet but I’m not entirely certain of that.

19 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Oh and can I just add, the club absolutely did not have to give the permanent job to Robson, he earned full consideration but should have been assessed on the same basis as all other candidates. 

This is absolutely it. It boils my piss when I hear people say this, that Robson HAD to get the job. He didn’t. A lot a decent folk on here said the same thing at the time. But Cormack caved in to the idiots, like the ones who sit behind me in the Merkie “Gie the job ti Barry, neen o these foreign bastards.” Can’t wait to see them on Tuesday, fucking gluepots. They got the manager they deserved.

Robson should have had his hand shaken but put back to the U18s. And we took in a competent and experienced manager. Another wasted season.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Yup, if it wasn't for those few things he'd be gone already surely. They have masked (to the board at least) how bad we are. The other factor is the games in hand. 

I think the board will think the above points you make, plus the winning run last season, have given Robson a little bit of credit in the bank. The games in hand also offer him a little lifeline because winning them would possibly take us to 4th. By their logic, qualifying for Europe last season, group stage football, cup final, still in the other cup, and potentially 4th place in the league, is more than acceptable.

After the games in hand are gone and we're actually still sitting 10th and have probably been knocked out of the cup in the round after next, then they too will have no choice but to face up to how bad this really is.

It's not just the results though - the football has been horrific, tactics, substitutions, treatment of players, everything.

55 minutes ago, G man said:

Reading your post it does need a bit of balance. We beat Hibs in the semi, fact. That is all you want in a cup tie, a win.We were the better team after we went down to 10. Created far more chances than Hibs. 

To win at Ibrox for the first time in 5 years is an achievement. Do not try and make a negative out of that.

l thought we performed much better in the group stages, 1 win, 2 defeats and 3 draws was better than many had expected. If the stonewall pen on MacKenzie had been given v POAK had been given the outcome would have been very different.

Of course we have been lucky in the Scottish cup draw, that is what a cup competition is all about.

Since Robson was appointed permanent manager in May, we’ve won 12 games out of 38, 2 of which were against lower league Stirling & Clyde. 

A win ratio of 38%

For that alone, he should be sacked.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, G man said:

But we have not spent the most money outside the Glasgow twins. We have brought the largest number of players in but have paid fees for about 4/5 only.The largest being on Gueye! 
In fact we took in almost twice as much for McCrorie and Ramadani than we have spent in total. 
Hibs shelled out £900,000 on Vente alone. 

Maybe your last sentence would be better said about your post.

No, they didn’t.

Lies 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Since Robson was appointed permanent manager in May, we’ve won 12 games out of 38, 2 of which were against lower league Stirling & Clyde. 

A win ratio of 38%

For that alone, he should be sacked.

You always refer to his win record” since he was appointed permanent manager” you fail to say what his overall win ratio is.

Try and give a balanced argument please

• Upvote 1
Just now, G man said:

You always refer to his win record” since he was appointed permanent manager” you fail to say what his overall win ratio is.

He’s had a seasons worth of games & won 12, 2 of them against pub teams. 

Get him to fuck.

Put forward an argument for keeping him then Gunner. Presumably that’s where the “G” comes from. 🧐

5 minutes ago, G man said:

Isn’t that how records of this nature are captured? His initial record is as caretaker manager and then his record as permanent manager.