Hibernian 0 - 1 Aberdeen | League Cup

Miovski’s was far more penalty debatable than Roos one. 

Would be absolutely raging if Roos had been called as a penalty. Yeah he fkd up/spilled a shot but he gets to spill first & Hibs boy had zero intention of winning ball, he 100% went in to simulate Roos catching him for a penalty. Never a penalty, even more so as going wide of goal.

Hibs had more attacking intent & pressure & that is the only reason some are desperately crying penalty there. Like their play somehow ‘deserved’ it to be a penalty 

It wasn’t 🤷

7 hours ago, G man said:

Thought the team adapted well when McKenzie was sent off , going to 4-4-1.

Miovski could have scored 3 goals after we went down to 10. Great team spirit. Cannot legislate for the stupidity of

Mc Kenzie- thankfully it did not cost us. Hope he reflects when he is sitting in the stand at the final.

Right it’s the day after.

It wouldn’t have been the sending off that cost us if we lost that match. We were miles second best even with 11. The manager needs to look at that game and realise something isn’t right.

Let’s all be honest, we were pathetic up until the sending off. It forced us into a back 4 and shock horror we looked miles more solid. 

Delighted with the win but that performance means the manager needs to answer some serious questions. Becoming all too common.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
29 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It wouldn’t have been the sending off that cost us if we lost that match. We were miles second best even with 11. The manager needs to look at that game and realise something isn’t right.

Let’s all be honest, we were pathetic up until the sending off. It forced us into a back 4 and shock horror we looked miles more solid. 

Delighted with the win but that performance means the manager needs to answer some serious questions. Becoming all too common.

Hibs played us like a fiddle (knowing we had 4 in midfield that will all stay central, flooding the wide areas and overwhelming us, and also knowing we have a manager that will highly unlikely change formation mid-game) and until forced into a back 4 after the sending off we were a shambles.

Back 4 would have had us, as Robson likes to say, in the fight.

• Upvote 2
Just now, CraigHill said:

Hibs played us like a fiddle (knowing we had 4 in midfield that will all stay central, flooding the wide areas and overwhelming us, and also knowing we have a manager that won’t change mid-game) and until forced into a back 4 after the sending off we were a shambles.

Hibs play a wide game anyway 🤷 they didn’t do it because we’re narrow/shite that’s their game 

I’ve only got Raze’s highlights to go on but some sympathy for McKenzie for doing to Miller what he’s just done to him.  Also a diving wank.

If Robson wants to play the cocky count go after the right targets and say he hopes he enjoys Christmas shopping with his ugly wife on cup final day, or similar.

No better place for McKenzie, a local loon, to learn his lesson at a hun final no less.  Bastards.

27 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

In a semi final it is the result the counts. To play poorly and win is a positive in itself. I thought Clarkson and Barron together might work it didn’t. Polvara needs to start regularly- set up the goal and made a crucial defensive header near the end. The fixtures we have had and have coming up have been a factor. European group stages could turn out to be a poisoned chalice. Largely new squad will mean inconsistent performances. 
l see a lot of positives . 

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I’ve only got Raze’s highlights to go on but some sympathy for McKenzie for doing to Miller what he’s just done to him.  Also a diving wank.

If Robson wants to play the cocky count go after the right targets and say he hopes he enjoys Christmas shopping with his ugly wife on cup final day, or similar.

No better place for McKenzie, a local loon, to learn his lesson at a hun final no less.  Bastards.

No sympathy or excuse for McKenzie. Could have cost us the game. If we had lost the response to him would be far more negative. He is 23 not a young player.To do what he did is inexcusable.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

Hibs played us like a fiddle (knowing we had 4 in midfield that will all stay central, flooding the wide areas and overwhelming us, and also knowing we have a manager that will highly unlikely change formation mid-game) and until forced into a back 4 after the sending off we were a shambles.

Back 4 would have had us, as Robson likes to say, in the fight.

Spot on analysis. The back 3/5 just convolutes the whole team setup, denying us natural width at the top end of the park whilst making us extremely vulnerable down the flanks in a defensive sense. 

You can argue we don’t currently have the exact 11 players to play a 4-2-3-1 setup but it would be a helluva lot better that this current 5-4-1.

Duncan and Duk either side of McGarry, Bobs yer uncle, Fanny’s yer aunt.

35 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Nail on the head for me. Really poor performance yesterday. Rewatched the game when I got back last night as it was on Viaplay. 

We were far too passive and our pressing was all wrong. Pressed at the wrong time and only one player doing it so was too easy to play around then they are running right at our midfield who were already a man down as it was either Shinnie or McGrath who were doing the pressing. 

Defensively, in the main I thought we were ok. It can only carry on so long. I know Robson has used the tiredness excuse and the fact we've had 4 games in 9 days. Maybe so, but the way he has us playing means we use far more energy every game anyway. 

I wonder with MacKenzie now out, will he go to a back 4 or put Hayes in there?

Either way, performances have to improve. Keep playing like we did yesterday there will be a few more performances like Rugby Park to come imo.

It was turgid. 

We galvanised on the back of red. That resilience is a huge positive. And what fucking goal. 

Could definitely go back four and use Duk and Duncan as wingers. Wee Vinnie still about too,although unlikely. 

The players need to take responsibility too. Too much emphasis on what Robson did. The players...some were bowfin last night. Ye cannae lay everything on a manager win or lose. As bad as Barron was,Polvara was excellent. 

Happy as Larry we got through...

15 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Nail on the head for me. Really poor performance yesterday. Rewatched the game when I got back last night as it was on Viaplay. 

We were far too passive and our pressing was all wrong. Pressed at the wrong time and only one player doing it so was too easy to play around then they are running right at our midfield who were already a man down as it was either Shinnie or McGrath who were doing the pressing. 

Defensively, in the main I thought we were ok. It can only carry on so long. I know Robson has used the tiredness excuse and the fact we've had 4 games in 9 days. Maybe so, but the way he has us playing means we use far more energy every game anyway. 

I wonder with MacKenzie now out, will he go to a back 4 or put Hayes in there?

Either way, performances have to improve. Keep playing like we did yesterday there will be a few more performances like Rugby Park to come imo.

It really is amazing how people highlight poor performances and ignore the good ones like the Motherwell game. When we win games certain people claim we have just played the worse team in the league!!!! We are in a cup final. Some people really need to get more positive.

• Upvote 5
3 minutes ago, G man said:

It really is amazing how people highlight poor performances and ignore the good ones like the Motherwell game. When we win games certain people claim we have just played the worse team in the league!!!! We are in a cup final. Some people really need to get more positive.

I've read folk here almost disappointed we got through as we cannae sack him noo. There's nae chance their dishing out positive. Sit back and let them get on wi it. Never 'winning' them over. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

I've read folk here almost disappointed we got through as we cannae sack him noo. There's nae chance their dishing out positive. Sit back and let them get on wi it. Never 'winning' them over. 

I agree with that. Some will find every excuse to complain. It really is tedious. We reach a final and still people want to change the manager , yet want to play players who are badly out of form !!

After a night's sleep I'm still struggling to get excited by the final. It's going to be a ritual humiliation if we play like that again. Yesterday's performance wasn't 'winning ugly' - Bojan's goal aside, and some tight defensive work in the aftermath, it was just utter horseshit that made a crap Hibs team look good. I'm not someone who wants us to lose just to get Robson sacked, but fuck me was that undeserved.

Just now, G man said:

I agree with that. Some will find every excuse to complain. It really is tedious. We reach a final and still people want to change the manager , yet want to play players who are badly out of form !!

I’m no fan of Robson, but last night has earned him more time in to 2024. 

He got away with a poor performance & long ball muck with a good result. 

Here’s hoping he uses that time & gets us playing better football & better league results & performances, because in the main, it’s not been good enough. 

He has good players in midfield. 
He should use them, instead of negating them with bypassing them most of the time. 

• Upvote 1

anyone know who the awful commentator was that fumed at the aberdeen defence when the dons supposedly lost a goal, did he come back to comment how good the offside trap was set?,probably not.

looks like another jeckle and hyde season going by the current form sadly.

BTW.miovski looks like the new ian rush ,very similar in stature and style of play,what a great signing he's turned out to be.

another positive is it wont be celtic in the final as that would have seen the dons go into hiding.
happy days, still think we'd be better in some other league.

I would prefer a back 4. Duk has been woeful and it's more sad than anything to me. Here's hoping he finds it,cause we're better when he's better. 

Miovski is offski nae danger. And here's hoping we get a ton for him when he does. Duk could take learning from that. Cause there's a part of me feels he's huffed a bit at lack of movement on that part. 

The form needs to be consistent. The fitba needs played on deck. But I want Robson in place. Have since he took it. Just know some never wanted him and every result is a chance to reinforce that.