Hibernian 0 - 1 Aberdeen | League Cup

4 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

I would prefer a back 4. Duk has been woeful and it's more sad than anything to me. Here's hoping he finds it,cause we're better when he's better. 

Miovski is offski nae danger. And here's hoping we get a ton for him when he does. Duk could take learning from that. Cause there's a part of me feels he's huffed a bit at lack of movement on that part. 

The form needs to be consistent. The fitba needs played on deck. But I want Robson in place. Have since he took it. Just know some never wanted him and every result is a chance to reinforce that. 

Hopefully Duk will find the motivation of a cup final starting position to turn around his season.

31 minutes ago, G man said:

It really is amazing how people highlight poor performances and ignore the good ones like the Motherwell game. When we win games certain people claim we have just played the worse team in the league!!!! We are in a cup final. Some people really need to get more positive.

I think you'll fine I did compliment them on Wednesday. Same as I did after County at home, Huns away. But I won't ignore a poor performance when they far outweigh the good ones. Cup football is about getting through and being in the final is great. However, if we play like we did yesterday then there's no point turning up on December 17th. 

You can look at as positively as you want. Everything being rosy in the garden if you like. The reality though, is that it was a poor performance that we got away with because Hibs were just as bad. 

Let me ask you a question, had we lost yesterday after playing so badly would you still be as positive? We won because we have, in my opinion, the best striker in the league. Not because of Robson. We aren't in the final because of Robson. We're there despite Robson. 

21 minutes ago, At The Border Guy said:

After a night's sleep I'm still struggling to get excited by the final. It's going to be a ritual humiliation if we play like that again. Yesterday's performance wasn't 'winning ugly' - Bojan's goal aside, and some tight defensive work in the aftermath, it was just utter horseshit that made a crap Hibs team look good. I'm not someone who wants us to lose just to get Robson sacked, but fuck me was that undeserved.

Miserable pish

We clearly didnt play well yesterday but "ritual humiliation" in the final. Fucking hell.

We literally beat Sevco at Ibrox comfortably a few weeks ago. So why is it a given we play like yesterday in your mind?

Miserable cunt 😄

• Upvote 1
Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Any Hibs fan who moans about the “penalty”, show them this angle.

Roos didn’t make any contact.

From behind the goal, I was worried, I’ll admit. Thought VAR might’ve given it. 

But the side on angle shows it was a dive. And VAR would’ve also seen this..

https://twitter.com/kincorthdandies/status/1720926254524751888?s=46&t=EGF21CR589CHViwzdY2JPw

Haha away you go

If we didn't get that, at ibrox say, this place would be in meltdown

It's a penalty

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
Just now, afc_blockhead said:

Miserable pish

We clearly didnt play well yesterday but "ritual humiliation" in the final. Fucking hell.

We literally beat Sevco at Ibrox comfortably a few weeks ago. So why is it a given we play like yesterday in your mind?

Miserable cunt 😄

What's winning at ibrox got to do with a catastrophic start to the season?

Ah, wait... I know what

Shame 

30 minutes ago, G man said:

I agree with that. Some will find every excuse to complain. It really is tedious. We reach a final and still people want to change the manager , yet want to play players who are badly out of form !!

It’s quite simple.

We are in the final due to a large degree of luck and other teams inability to kill us off.

People are complaining because our style of play and performances are rubbish.

We want to be involved at the very top end of the league and more competitive in europe. See the PAOK game, are you happy with that?

You are just spinning what has been an utterly shite season so far into something that it’s not.

Only real positive this season has been Miovski and Mcgrath.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Miserable pish

Miserable cunt 😄

Probably just going by the trend of utter dirge football this season.

ken

26 minutes ago, At The Border Guy said:

After a night's sleep I'm still struggling to get excited by the final. It's going to be a ritual humiliation if we play like that again. Yesterday's performance wasn't 'winning ugly' - Bojan's goal aside, and some tight defensive work in the aftermath, it was just utter horseshit that made a crap Hibs team look good. I'm not someone who wants us to lose just to get Robson sacked, but fuck me was that undeserved.

Lighten up u twat

8 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

So why are you raging? 

Aberdeen won. 

Nae even close to being raging, only mentioned that overall we were poor but we'll all happily take that win.

See, there's you and a few others, never really give your opinion but you're some of the first folk to jump on and dig at others for being negative or you say they are raging cos we won, it's dull as fuck.

At least folk like G man, Ernie and Tinyweeloser (rip) have a opinion and post it, at least folk like me, WW, DM, KSL and a few other post our opinions as well, so I can at least take grief from the former where as you just come across as a sleekit prick.

8 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

People like me. 

People don't like you. 

At's good, I enjoyed being hated.

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

I would prefer a back 4. Duk has been woeful and it's more sad than anything to me. Here's hoping he finds it,cause we're better when he's better. 

Miovski is offski nae danger. And here's hoping we get a ton for him when he does. Duk could take learning from that. Cause there's a part of me feels he's huffed a bit at lack of movement on that part. 

The form needs to be consistent. The fitba needs played on deck. But I want Robson in place. Have since he took it. Just know some never wanted him and every result is a chance to reinforce that. 

I think even Steven Gunn will start negotiations higher than a hundred quid. 

6 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

That’s never a penalty.

Boy dives and the ball was gone anyway. That was his only option to try to make something out of it.

This.He gets there before Roos who pulls his hands away, ball goes out for a bye kick and he launches himself over Roos in an attempt to get a pen.Yellow card for the diving spoon burning hoor.

9 hours ago, G man said:

Thought the team adapted well when McKenzie was sent off , going to 4-4-1.

Miovski could have scored 3 goals after we went down to 10. Great team spirit. Cannot legislate for the stupidity of

Mc Kenzie- thankfully it did not cost us. Hope he reflects when he is sitting in the stand at the final.

Should it have been a pen for us instead of a booking to Miovski?

9 hours ago, Dunty said:

He actually played very well up until that moment.

He'll be out of the final anyway, so guess that's punishment enough.

I'm not sure he is.

With it being the League Cup and two yellows, does he not just miss the next league game? Could be wrong mind you...

8 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Not a chance man. You can see Roos gets the ball and then the boy. Roos was an idiot to 'fuck around' like that and mercifully we didn't 'find out' but doesn't mean it was a penalty. 

Don't think the ref got much wrong today to be fair to him. No way he could have told that was an offside goal and pre-VAR it would have stood and VAR finally got it right though why the hell it took so long when that simple freeze frame with line showed he was offside. Why don't they cut straight to THAT? 10 seconds and done. Easy. 

VAR feels like they've given them this tool but not the process on how to use it effectively and efficiently. Offside decisions? Don't fuck around, go to that goal line camera and draw the line straight up. Why does that take 3-5 minutes each time? It should be happening automatically surely so that by the time the game is paused for the VAR check they have it ready. 

Anyway, we won, we're through to a final and Miovski is brilliant and when we sell him for the inevitable and disappointing 4 or 5 million we will all be spitting fire but it would be great for him to move on with a cup winners medal or two.

Agree it wasn't a pen, having looked at the angle WW provided via X.

Miovski will go for at least double what youve jokingly estimated. Best striker in the league, up there with Kyogo.

1 hour ago, G man said:

In a semi final it is the result the counts. To play poorly and win is a positive in itself. I thought Clarkson and Barron together might work it didn’t. Polvara needs to start regularly- set up the goal and made a crucial defensive header near the end. The fixtures we have had and have coming up have been a factor. European group stages could turn out to be a poisoned chalice. Largely new squad will mean inconsistent performances. 
l see a lot of positives . 

1 hour ago, G man said:

It really is amazing how people highlight poor performances and ignore the good ones like the Motherwell game. When we win games certain people claim we have just played the worse team in the league!!!! We are in a cup final. Some people really need to get more positive.

To win and play poorly is good, as everyone is delighted to get to another final.

But whilst that is great, the negativity you associate some of us with is more to do with concern with the way the team is playing. It's a worrying trend that performances are not anywhere near what they should be. The only consistent thing is that they're consistently up and down. Too often we're getting overrun in midfield or just bypassing it completely. He needs to sort that and quickly, as the games keep coming and some very tough fixtures with it.

Anyway, great to be in the final and hopefully our name is on the cup.

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Should it have been a pen for us instead of a booking to Miovski?

Just seen that one on uchoob.  There’s not a massive difference between Miovski’s and Liam Miller’s, let’s just put it that way.

Hard to see from the minimal replays if the Hibs boys hands are raised, that might be the only difference.

And I’m still not excusing McKenzie to be clear.

(if you’re on YouTube anyway the after match interview with Robson with Broony, Lennon and Consi is interesting.  Consi can’t stop smiling.)

1 hour ago, thegodfuzzy said:

I've read folk here almost disappointed we got through as we cannae sack him noo. There's nae chance their dishing out positive. Sit back and let them get on wi it. Never 'winning' them over. 

Totally agree with you. According to some we were played off the park- yet we won. Miovski could have had a hat trick but we were played off the park.
What saves did Roos have to make?