Hibernian 0 - 1 Aberdeen | League Cup

4 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

In the process of seeking out Nick Montgomery tears I've just discovered the cunt is English and not Australian. WTF.

Now gone from a 'mysterious foreigner, could be good' to a 'total diddy' in my book.

Came from the A league that's enough to ensure he's utter shite.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

He makes a weird comment about the FA giving Aberdeen the Frankfurt game before the final which makes absolutely no sense and is therefore quite enjoyable. Well in Barry.

I think he was trying to say that scheduling the cup final 3 days after Europe is nae the best planning by the SPFL. 

But he's pretty awkward in interviews and struggles to articulate himself properly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've given Barry Robson plenty criticism this season but credit where it's due, to get the club to a cup final at the first time of asking is beyond what many other experienced managers have been able to do. Of course there are concerns about him being the man for the job longer term and they don't disappear but tonight it's a huge well done and a dram raised to BR for me. 

Also think that is a massive springboard for the players too, there were a lot of questions around their mentality after the PAOK collapse but to go down to 10 men, score and then dig in and defend so well is a credit to the players and coaching staff. Absolutely buzzing for the final and the chance to put the full fat or diet versions of hunnery to the sword. 

15 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

He doesn’t half speak some shite, amongst the crap was this belter “Only 4 players had a preseason” what shite!

Roos, McKenzie, Barron, Clarkson, Shinnie, Miovski from the starting XI were all at the club last year.

on the bench, Hayes, Duk, McDonald, Duncan, Milne, Polvara were all at the club last year. 
And some of the new boys were signed in plenty of time before the season started.

Barry stop speaking shite and stop fucking mentioning Hacken. 

And having said all that - we won today, we played shite but we won and we have a cup final to look forward to.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

In the process of seeking out Nick Montgomery tears I've just discovered the cunt is English and not Australian. WTF.

Now gone from a 'mysterious foreigner, could be good' to a 'total diddy' in my book.

He was a Sheffield Utd thug alongside Chris Morgan.

A complete, and utter, total diddy.

That was ace! Good bounce at the goal, cup final to look forward to. We were marginally more shite than Hibs in my opinion. However, we won!

just listened to BR post match stuff. Probably mentioned on here a lot already but haven’t read.

By Christ does BR talk some amount of pish. We’ve played 4 games in 9 days and we’ve been all over Europe..a. Not in the last 9 days you haven’t! B. We’ve been to Sweden and Germany over the course of the last 2.5 months.

No time on the training pitch?!? What about the international break and the Dundee postponement? It’s like teeing up future excuses. 

anyway, we won, Miovski is a class act and there’s a final to look forward to. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Absolutely nothing less min. However, he's our player and we should treasure him whilst we still can.

Couldn’t agree more, min! He’s a quality, quality player. A pleasure to watch. His finish tonight was impeccable. To steer that into the side of the net and the keeper to not have a sniff was different class. Ran his lungs out too. 
he will be our most lucrative sale by a mile and rightly so…

46 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he was trying to say that scheduling the cup final 3 days after Europe is nae the best planning by the SPFL. 

But he's pretty awkward in interviews and struggles to articulate himself properly. 

I know, not criticism because it's a big win but it still doesn't make sense does it?

I've known the date of the cup final for months because I checked so I was free in case we made it, so him suggesting the authorities should've had it a different date because Aberdeen who play in Europe on Thursdays might be in it is a bit ridiculous. That said, I like it. When we win, it's siege mentality. When we lose, it's deflection.