Hibernian 0 - 1 Aberdeen | League Cup

We were lucky. I’m delighted. 
No midfield runners for so long in that game meant a lot of pass to midfield, back to defence, back to Roos. Kick out for Hibs throw. We may have just won possession but did little with it. Thank goodness for Miovski. A final. It doesn’t matter who we play I’d say our chance was the same. 

I’m really looking forward to the fighting & arguing when the SPFL announce we’re getting 18,000 tickets as opposed to The Rangers 28,000 for the final.

We won’t get a 50/50, put it that way.

18,000 would quite possibly be enough though? Recent finals would suggest that? 

Half of the main stand & behind the goal.

I wonder which end we’ll get 🤣

We should ask the SPFL for the West Stand just to make the SPFL come out with an explanation that doesn’t involve religion   
The rule within the SFA & SPFL is the more Proddy team gets the West Stand.

Let’s make them explain. 
We won’t 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Might’ve posted the wrong one above…

This angle…

https://twitter.com/ryanmeston07/status/1720910087022121354?s=20

WW, thanks for posting. At full speed, I was certain that it was a penalty and I was amazed that the ref didn’t award a penalty and I was raging at Roos’ stupidity. Then, having seen all the TV replays, I was even more certain that VAR would instruct the ref to award the penalty. However, from the angle in your post, it is clear that Roos pushes the ball behind. I think Beaton and VAR deserve huge praise for getting this difficult decision right. All Dons fans should be very happy with this outcome, apart of course Millertime, who is obviously not a Dons fan, but is on here constantly masquerading as one and endlessly winding people up and sadly too many take bait.

11 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

WW, thanks for posting. At full speed, I was certain that it was a penalty and I was amazed that the ref didn’t award a penalty and I was raging at Roos’ stupidity. Then, having seen all the TV replays, I was even more certain that VAR would instruct the ref to award the penalty. However, from the angle in your post, it is clear that Roos pushes the ball behind. I think Beaton and VAR deserve huge praise for getting this difficult decision right. All Dons fans should be very happy with this outcome, apart of course Millertime, who is obviously not a Dons fan, but is on here constantly masquerading as one and endlessly winding people up and sadly too many take bait.

I’m going to have a lie down after saying this, but I thought Beaton was very good. Credit where it’s due because I normally eviscerate the arsehole.  

Didn’t get conned by diving, let the game flow as best he could, & got the big decisions correct.

As for Millertime, he’s misunderstood.  
He’s a good lad really. 
Has some on strings on here. 

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

It can’t be understated how much a difference Polvara made when he came on for Barron. Barron can tackle but he is too light weight and Polvara feels like an allrounder who is all over the park fighting for every ball. 

Polvara is not a tackler or a fighter for every ball. He has taken his two goals well and nice pass for the goal, maybe crossing himself after the pass helped. He is a bit of a passenger so far in the games he has started.

Barron is much more physical than Polvara and quicker with the ball.

1 minute ago, We Don't Need Eusabio said:

Polvara is not a tackler or a fighter for every ball. He has taken his two goals well and nice pass for the goal, maybe crossing himself after the pass helped. He is a bit of a passenger so far in the games he has started.

Barron is much more physical than Polvara and quicker with the ball.

The balance of the midfield was wrong yesterday.  
Having Clarkson wide of the 4 in a 5-4-1 clearly didn’t suit him.

A 5-3-1-1 with McGrath in behind Miovski might’ve worked better.

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, ROBBIE75 said:

i was down yesterday unlike heaps o "supporters" on this page by looks o it!!!absolute clowns on here spouting pish as usual,yes we didnae play the best yesterday bit hibs were also nae at their best,they had 2 shots on goal to our 1 and thankfully for us it won the game!mackenzies stupidity actually sparked us into life and surely in the final weel play a hell of a lot bettter regardless who we play,these boys have given their all playing heaps o games oer a short space o time give them a break!im sure a you boys that didnae go yesterday will crawl oot yer holes for a final ticket!!!

That s 4 games in 10 days.Can we expect to be at our best for each game?I don't know the answer to that.Maybe you need to be a sports scientist to answer that  question but that's the kind of schedule we will continue to have if we want to do well.Then again we only really have maybe 13 players who have  played in those matches because I'm not sure the others are good enough.Then you have the travel of course.Central belt teams have a lot less mileage over a season and Hampden is a lot nearer for  them.It all adds up especially if we make it to Hampden 4 times this season. 

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Spot on analysis. The back 3/5 just convolutes the whole team setup, denying us natural width at the top end of the park whilst making us extremely vulnerable down the flanks in a defensive sense. 

You can argue we don’t currently have the exact 11 players to play a 4-2-3-1 setup but it would be a helluva lot better that this current 5-4-1.

Duncan and Duk either side of McGarry, Bobs yer uncle, Fanny’s yer aunt.

Sorry, the only thing Duncan has done in the first team is take a straightforward corner for the Motherwell defence to miss and Duke to score. Absolutely nothing else. 

47 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m really looking forward to the fighting & arguing when the SPFL announce we’re getting 18,000 tickets as opposed to The Rangers 28,000 for the final.

We won’t get a 50/50, put it that way.

18,000 would quite possibly be enough though? Recent finals would suggest that? 

Half of the main stand & behind the goal.

I wonder which end we’ll get 🤣

We should ask the SPFL for the West Stand just to make the SPFL come out with an explanation that doesn’t involve religion   
The rule within the SFA & SPFL is the more Proddy team gets the West Stand.

Let’s make them explain. 
We won’t 

The Rangers aren't in the final yet.

14 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Couldn’t agree more, min! He’s a quality, quality player. A pleasure to watch. His finish tonight was impeccable. To steer that into the side of the net and the keeper to not have a sniff was different class. Ran his lungs out too. 
he will be our most lucrative sale by a mile and rightly so…

....He certainly should be when the sad time comes around to his departure.

However, Miovski is still a young lad who could be with Aberdeen for a few more seasons yet🤞 before eventually getting his move to a top Serie A or La Liga standard of team.

Like Barry Robson rightly alluded to in his post-match interview about the selfless work and effort Miovski puts in.

His finish yesterday was sublime.👍

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Played awful but who cares? 
Great finish from Miovski, easily best striker in last 25 years

MacKenzie let himself down badly

The seethe from John Collins and Hibs fans is delicious 

John Collins is an arrogant prick who thinks he's above our club. 

He was linked to the vacant AFC manager's post a number of years ago on a couple of ovcasions (after Skovdahl, then McGhee?🤔) but come out with some disparaging shite like "Being Aberdeen manager is not right for me at this moment in time" on both occasions.

Fuck him.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m going to have a lie down after saying this, but I thought Beaton was very good. Credit where it’s due because I normally eviscerate the arsehole.  

Didn’t get conned by diving, let the game flow as best he could, & got the big decisions correct.

As for Millertime, he’s misunderstood.  
He’s a good lad really. 
Has some on strings on here. 

Agree re Beatons handling of the game

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

That s 4 games in 10 days.Can we expect to be at our best for each game?I don't know the answer to that.Maybe you need to be a sports scientist to answer that  question but that's the kind of schedule we will continue to have if we want to do well.Then again we only really have maybe 13 players who have  played in those matches because I'm not sure the others are good enough.Then you have the travel of course.Central belt teams have a lot less mileage over a season and Hampden is a lot nearer for  them.It all adds up especially if we make it to Hampden 4 times this season. 

The thing is though Ernie, we're not at our best in  most games, that has to change going forward.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, G man said:

No sympathy or excuse for McKenzie. Could have cost us the game. If we had lost the response to him would be far more negative. He is 23 not a young player.To do what he did is inexcusable.

It was the best thing that happened to the team.

3 hours ago, G man said:

I agree with that. Some will find every excuse to complain. It really is tedious. We reach a final and still people want to change the manager , yet want to play players who are badly out of form !!

I agree we can’t sack him but it was a terrible performance. Again.

2 minutes ago, johnstrac said:

Just seen the highlights, MacKenzie's got to have more about him than that, schoolboy error.

He got caught up in the heat of the moment. Impetuous, yes, am I going to slate him for it?, definitely not. He'll learn from it.

It's a bit like someone shoving you in a bar for no reason and you instinctively retaliate by either pushing them back or punching them.

I can't understand why the perceived "victim" but instigator Lewis Miller wasn't even spoken to after the incident.