Should He Stay Or Should He Go Now?

You've Got To Let Me Know  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

• You Cant Keep Sacking Managers
    • Fire Him Aff The Fucking Roof

There's always an element of 'Get him tae fuck' versus 'He just needs more time' when it comes to our yearly Sacking O The Manager.

After the latest debacle is it time to dust off the 'We'd Like To Thank The Manager For His Services' press release? 

Or are we too early in the season for all that nonsense? 

10 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

There's always an element of 'Get him tae fuck' versus 'He just needs more time' when it comes to our yearly Sacking O The Manager.

After the latest debacle is it time to dust off the 'We'd Like To Thank The Manager For His Services' press release? 

Or are we too early in the season for all that nonsense? 

You and I debated the possibility of relegation a while back! I was very much of the view that it wouldn’t happen, predicated on BR being removed from duty sooner rather than later. Other clubs and a dead club have made the managerial change! If we don’t, imminently, I feel that relegation is a very real possibility mate. 
so, in short, with c25% of the league season gone, it’s not too early at all. In my opinion. Every passing league game is likely to cost us based on current league performance! 

1 minute ago, Willo flood said:

I genuinely don’t see the point of giving him the Hibs game, although it will most certainly happen.

Why do we always wait until we are out of every competition before punting the manager? If Cormack genuinely can’t see through Robson after today then he should be on the next bus to Cornhill

How long do we have to wait?

Let’s be honest, the way we’re playing, we’re unlikely to win any of the next 4.

Motherwell (a) Same as today   
Hibs semi - oot. 
PAOK (a) - any score you like. 
Celtic (a) - any score you like.

Every chance we’ll be 11th in league & out the League Cup & Europe.

3 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

He wants sacked, if he didn’t he’d change system and style of play especially against the likes of St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. Get him to fuck and get someone with experience in that can setup a team to win

I 'suggested' similar, tongue in cheek, in the match thread

Now, of course, I'm sure that's the case

However, it's eye bleeding, and infuriating, as we have the players to perform far better than they're set up

Don’t let the door hit him on the way out.

Having said that Cormack isn’t going to sack him. He didn’t sack Goodwin after the 5-0 at Tynecastle and Darvel.  He’ll watch as we lose out next 6 games then come out of hiding to say he backs him before eventually firing him a few weeks later when we’re bottom of the league, out of Europe and out of the league cup.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Don’t let the door hit him on the way out.

Having said that Cormack isn’t going to sack him. He didn’t sack Goodwin after the 5-0 at Tynecastle and Darvel.  He’ll watch as we lose out next 6 games then come out of hiding to say he backs him before eventually firing him a few weeks later when we’re bottom of the league, out of Europe and out of the league cup.

Cormack should have learned we likely wouldn’t have lost to Darvel if he acted quicker 

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

How long do we have to wait?

Let’s be honest, the way we’re playing, we’re unlikely to win any of the next 4.

Motherwell (a) Same as today   
Hibs semi - oot. 
PAOK (a) - any score you like. 
Celtic (a) - any score you like.

Every chance we’ll be 11th in league & out the League Cup & Europe.

I can’t see him surviving the next week if we fail to win both games but who knows what’s going through the heads of the FMB right now

They might feel it’s probably more beneficial letting Robson have the next 2 then sacking him now and having Stuart Duff and Hayes on the sideline for the Semi, where we may as well not turn up.

The logical thing for the board to do in that case is to start looking for replacements now, if they haven’t already so we are not starting from scratch after a loss to Hibs, again. But I wouldn’t hold my breath.

He wasn't the right appointment to begin with. I gave him my backing when he got the full time gig, but he's been shown up to be completely inept.

Countless others have said it - no rookie should be given the Aberdeen job on a permanent basis. This isn't a job for someone taking their first steps in first team management. We need someone experienced and with a good track record. 

Get him oot.

Challinor sounds like a good shout. His managerial stats look great at all four clubs he's managed, although much smaller clubs than ours. Can he take the step up? 

2 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

I can’t see him surviving the next week if we fail to win both games but who knows what’s going through the heads of the FMB right now

They might feel it’s probably more beneficial letting Robson have the next 2 then sacking him now and having Stuart Duff and Hayes on the sideline for the Semi, where we may as well not turn up.

The logical thing for the board to do in that case is to start looking for replacements now, if they haven’t already so we are not starting from scratch after a loss to Hibs, again. But I wouldn’t hold my breath.

And another fundamental, but important issue is that I don’t trust the likes of Gunn/Garner/Milne to appoint a decent manager.