Should He Stay Or Should He Go Now?

You've Got To Let Me Know  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

• You Cant Keep Sacking Managers
    • Fire Him Aff The Fucking Roof

Any reasonably minded football person could have seen for some time now that he’s out of his depth. Rangers win bought him time for some quite understandably but I personally didn’t buy it.

Imagine you are a player in this squad. The club spends all that money on players (and contracts) and then the manager instructs you to play anti-football. You’re sitting in that dressing room scratching your head wondering what the fuck am I doing here? When can I get out of here?

It’s one thing going down with a fight, which is what Robson has been dining out on all season, but it’s another thing entirely losing when not playing any football at all.

This manager has shown no adaptability and he has to go tomorrow.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9

Thing that rips ma knitting is that 1 to 11, we actually have a team of decent footballers. A team that was good enough to compete in Frankfurt, that destroyed the huns at Ibrox, and should, should, should have beaten a good European side in PAOK. 

So what the problem ? 

Let's look at the common thread in all these 3 performances.....5-4-1 formation, and no Duk starting. 

But then Robson stumbles back into the broken record of 5-3-2 and the useless Duk starting.....a formation that we're not comfortable with or suited to, and a disinterested forward with no confidence or form taking up a shirt. 

It's like footballing suicide, and we keep on committing it week after week. 

We have the basic ingredients there to be succesful, but Robson seems determined not to use them correctly.

A huge week coming up. Another 2 performances like today's and there'll be no way back for Robson with the fans. 

• Upvote 3
30 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Genuinely can’t listen to all of that shite. What a load of gibberish as per, “you can’t pass the ball on that pitch”.

To say we lost today because we didn’t change enough of the team is embarrassing too, nothing to do with shelling it all game to two of the most technically gifted strikers in the spfl rather than passing to feet.

Christ the irony we got rid of the opposition manager and a few years later we end up with someone even more negative but with zero tactical nous. PS- I also wanted McInnes out/don’t want him back before anyone starts.

5 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Thing that rips ma knitting is that 1 to 11, we actually have a team of decent footballers. A team that was good enough to compete in Frankfurt, that destroyed the huns at Ibrox, and should, should, should have beaten a good European side in PAOK. 

So what the problem ? 

Let's look at the common thread in all these 3 performances.....5-4-1 formation, and no Duk starting. 

But then Robson stumbles back into the broken record of 5-3-2 and the useless Duk starting.....a formation that we're not comfortable with or suited to, and a disinterested forward with no confidence or form taking up a shirt. 

We have the basic ingredients there to be succesful, but Robson seems determined not to use them correctly.

A huge week coming up. Another 2 performances like today's and there'll be no way back for Robson with the fans. 

But the 5-4-1 is used against sides where they feel we are underdogs, unfortunately our management team have no clue how to break down the Killies the livi's etc. that's where we are totally flawed. 

1 hour ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Not even a question that's debatable. Our squad has the capability to come third, Robson has us tenth. How can anyone debate the OP question.

But the expectation is surely to be third by quite some way, which should be achievable given how much we've spent and how bang average some of the other teams are. We just keep on taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

4 hours ago, CraigHill said:

We can keep firing managers if we keep employing ones that are inexperienced / shite / combination of both.

Expensive, but necessary habit.

Get him tae fuck!

That's the long and short. You can keep sacking incompetent managers. 

What we can't do is keep hiring incompetent managers. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

So what the problem ? 

You make a lot of valid points.

• Upvote 1

I just don’t get what his whole idea of football is.

It’s a clear instruction to go long. Why are we doing that with a squad with players like McGrath, Barron, Clarkson and Polvara who are capable of playing through the lines. 

The RCB and LCB never step out with the ball either, they’ll either lump it long or look for their full back who receives the ball facing the wrong way and can’t do anything with it. Gartermann today had an easy pass but his first thought was go long, by the time he processed this he lost the ball. 

The whole structure to build attacks is completely missing. If we were losing games trying to pass out from the back I dare say I could forgive it but losing playing this brand of football means he has to go tomorrow. We can’t keep it going, it won’t improve at this stage. 

Right now David Martindale's the longest serving manager in the SPL, prior to which Livingston were hardly a hub of stability.

There's been significant churn at every other SPL club, but Hearts, Hibs, Huns et al., aren't subject to the same scrutiny from the media when it comes to sacking managers.

Elsewhere sackings are seemingly justified. There were no calls for Beale, Johnson or MacLean to be given more time, but Barry seemingly deserves it.

Despite Robson having a great run as caretaker, Cormack and/or the FMB should have had the strength to thank him for his efforts, then appoint an experienced manager capable of moving us forward.

It's blatantly obvious he's massively out of his depth. He needs removed of his responsibilities and replaced by a manager who's earned the right to manage one of Scotland's biggest clubs. And bad optics or talk of living in the 80s shouldn't change that.

We're fortunate in that we have the funds to be able to go into the market and recruit a proven manager. Do that and the managerial turnover will stop.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I don't think we've seen enough yet that merits a sacking but yes, i think, its inevitable.

FWIW i think he'll survive to 2024

It’s a coming razpis.   Look at the table.  Same points as Ross county.

I don’t think Robson has the know how to win the game in hand against Dundee.    Motherwell Wednesday and Hibs on Saturday lose these 2 games, and Dave Cormack needs to waken up and let Robson go.  If he doesn’t it’s a relegation battle until the end of the season.   If it was Celtic , or Sevco in this position their manager would be long gone. 

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Any reasonably minded football person could have seen for some time now that he’s out of his depth. Rangers win bought him time for some quite understandably but I personally didn’t buy it.

Imagine you are a player in this squad. The club spends all that money on players (and contracts) and then the manager instructs you to play anti-football. You’re sitting in that dressing room scratching your head wondering what the fuck am I doing here? When can I get out of here?

It’s one thing going down with a fight, which is what Robson has been dining out on all season, but it’s another thing entirely losing when not playing any football at all.

This manager has shown no adaptability and he has to go tomorrow.

Absolutely all this. And what's more is the fact he himself was a midfielder yet seems happy to play a way to completely bypass the midfield even with in spfl terms good passing players in there

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

So what the problem ? 

A lot of that was said about Craig Brown's team. Which turned out to be right. We just needed the right man to come in and bring it all together.

19 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

If he’s binned after the semi, the new man has a double header against the filth. He should be sent packing tomorrow.

Highly doubt we’d have a new gaffer in for the Celtic game if Robson is only sacked the week before.

Rangers at home would be the perfect way to start of your career at Aberdeen

Definitely needs to go. Preferably before we are binned from both domestic cups & league still has ‘euro’ positions to fight for. 
Don’t fkn delay until he kills all the above as well. Learn lessons from Goodwin Shambles ffs.

I will not be getting up early to watch ANY more abomination games whilst he’s here. I will just be a ‘score checker’ until the dirge has left the building