You've Got To Let Me Know  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

• You Cant Keep Sacking Managers
    • Fire Him Aff The Fucking Roof

27 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

I 'suggested' similar, tongue in cheek, in the match thread

Now, of course, I'm sure that's the case

However, it's eye bleeding, and infuriating, as we have the players to perform far better than they're set up

Yup! What’s the point in signing ‘footballers’; McGrath, Clarkson, Miovski, Barron, Duk etc are all technically good..

But he chooses to ignore the capability and creativity, which is better than most teams in the league and boot the ball up the park!

it’s just fucking odd! 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, donswin1983 said:

Yup! What’s the point in signing ‘footballers’; McGrath, Clarkson, Miovski, Barron, Duk etc are all technically good..

But he chooses to ignore the capability and creativity, which is better than most teams in the league and boot the ball up the park!

it’s just fucking odd! 

It’s not as if he’s getting them to boot the ball up the park to someone like prime Drogba who can hold the ball up and bring others into play or just outmuscle the defender and score it’s to Miovski who is not under any circumstances a target man

4 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

It’s not as if he’s getting them to boot the ball up the park to someone like prime Drogba who can hold the ball up and bring others into play or just outmuscle the defender and score it’s to Miovski who is not under any circumstances a target man

Yup! Fucking bonkers! Add the gap between the long ball target and the nearest midfielder and even if the non target man wins the ball, it’s still not productive..

Fucking sick of it! Times is up..

27 minutes ago, Jazzer08 said:

He wasn't the right appointment to begin with. I gave him my backing when he got the full time gig, but he's been shown up to be completely inept.

Countless others have said it - no rookie should be given the Aberdeen job on a permanent basis. This isn't a job for someone taking their first steps in first team management. We need someone experienced and with a good track record. 

Get him oot.

Challinor sounds like a good shout. His managerial stats look great at all four clubs he's managed, although much smaller clubs than ours. Can he take the step up? 

This is a legitimate concern of some people, but to be honest I think it's not really a huge concern at all. 

Sometimes you'll get a manager who gets lucky. They've a team that clicks, or they've a good crop of players, and they overperform. Then they make the step up and they're found out... they weren't some managerial genius, they were just fortunate. 

Challinor has won promotion 7 times, headed for an 8th by the looks of things, with three different teams.  Certainly at a lower level, but you can only win the league you're in. If nothing else the guy clearly understands football... either that or he's been the luckiest manager on earth... 7 times. 8 if you include the FA Trophy he won. 

3 consecutive promotions with Fylde. Got stockport promoted into Division 2 and only failed to win back to back promotions after losing the play off on penalties in his first season up, and right now has them 5 points clear at the top of the 2nd. 

To be honest, the SPFL seems like it would be easier to compete in if you're in charge of one of the bigger teams, like Aberdeen, with a good budget, like Aberdeen, and only 11 other teams to form gameplans against, unlike the English 2nd where there's 23 other teams to deal with. 

A bigger club is going to come in for the guy, meanwhile we'll bring in a Neil Lennon or Yogi fucking Hughes type. 

• Upvote 1

First time I've left early since the Livingston 6-1 game. Simply has to go, ideally before Wednesday.

I don't believe anyone could put forward a reasonable argument for retaining him now, we're simply delaying the inevitable.

It's nothing personal, he's just not up to the job and we shouldn't let him stumble along for a few more weeks due to some false loyalty to him.

2 hours ago, Dynamo said:

He'll get a little longer but there's an inevitability about it. 

There's 3 league games and the cup semi before the next international break (PAOK away feels like an inevitable loss). I'd expect that if he doesn't win any of those we'd be looking at a new manager come the visit of The Rancid at the end of November. That's surely more than fair.

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

This is a legitimate concern of some people, but to be honest I think it's not really a huge concern at all. 

Sometimes you'll get a manager who gets lucky. They've a team that clicks, or they've a good crop of players, and they overperform. Then they make the step up and they're found out... they weren't some managerial genius, they were just fortunate. 

Challinor has won promotion 7 times, headed for an 8th by the looks of things, with three different teams.  Certainly at a lower level, but you can only win the league you're in. If nothing else the guy clearly understands football... either that or he's been the luckiest manager on earth... 7 times. 8 if you include the FA Trophy he won. 

3 consecutive promotions with Fylde. Got stockport promoted into Division 2 and only failed to win back to back promotions after losing the play off on penalties in his first season up, and right now has them 5 points clear at the top of the 2nd. 

To be honest, the SPFL seems like it would be easier to compete in if you're in charge of one of the bigger teams, like Aberdeen, with a good budget, like Aberdeen, and only 11 other teams to form gameplans against, unlike the English 2nd where there's 23 other teams to deal with. 

A bigger club is going to come in for the guy, meanwhile we'll bring in a Neil Lennon or Yogi fucking Hughes type. 

Should improve our long throws into the box too.

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Don’t let the door hit him on the way out.

Having said that Cormack isn’t going to sack him. He didn’t sack Goodwin after the 5-0 at Tynecastle and Darvel.  He’ll watch as we lose out next 6 games then come out of hiding to say he backs him before eventually firing him a few weeks later when we’re bottom of the league, out of Europe and out of the league cup.

You missed that he’ll cry on TV.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He should be gone already.

To be replaced by a manager with a CV worthy of the job, and with some experience. 
Not a bang average development manager. 

He’s massively out of his depth. 

Paraphrasing… GTF 

I agree with your points. But you are a terrible poster.  Would you please post less. Thank you.

Have a nice evening.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

What's Micky Mellon up to these days ?

1 hour ago, VinegarStrokes said:

First time I've left early since the Livingston 6-1 game. Simply has to go, ideally before Wednesday.

I don't believe anyone could put forward a reasonable argument for retaining him now, we're simply delaying the inevitable.

It's nothing personal, he's just not up to the job and we shouldn't let him stumble along for a few more weeks due to some false loyalty to him.

A few weeks ago I would have argued with you and said he needs more time, however I am now finding myself in the camp of get us to the final or your gone. I just don't think he can see that we have some good players yet his own tactics are horrible. Lose midweek and Saturday and he's in trouble. On the radio earlier he seemed to play down how poor our points return is and said we have a game in hand. I think he can't see the wood for the trees