Should He Stay Or Should He Go Now?

You've Got To Let Me Know  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

• You Cant Keep Sacking Managers
    • Fire Him Aff The Fucking Roof

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He is definitely getting repetitive, with the same words getting used in each of his interviews.

The one aspect of one his most recent interviews I couldn't understand however was the post-match conference after getting beat by PAOK last Thursday when he was asking the reporters about the lack of VAR intervention on the Jack MacKenzie penalty incident.

Why did he nae just ask the Fourth Official at time of the incident? 🤔

I was returning from holiday and didn't see the interview

Quite bizarre if so, he (and the entire bench) should have been all over the 4th official - They certainly would have been

In short, we are far too soft from top to bottom. Have been for 25 years. That needs to change

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

I was returning from holiday and didn't see the interview

Quite bizarre if so, he (and the entire bench) should have been all over the 4th official - They certainly would have been

In short, we are far too soft from top to bottom. Have been for 25 years. That needs to change

Exactly. Since the 1993/94 season we've been soft as shite and coincidentally that was the season Dick Donald died. 

George Yule restored some well required substance and backbone to AFC when he came on board in 2012, in that he fucking hated us settling for the 'top 6' or even second, but sadly those days are in the past.  

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Robson needed that tonight. Lets win on Saturday now pretty please.

And all aligned with my comments that  he will survive to 2024.

He needs to keep the formation and style of play used tonight, if it’s route one shite against Hibs on Saturday the fans will be rightfully on his back again

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

He needs to keep the formation and style of play used tonight, if it’s route one shite against Hibs on Saturday the fans will be rightfully on his back again

He'll keep the 541 and tactics for the next 4 games. Seems a no brainer considering the fixtures

Tonight (first half especially) only shows that we should be on at least 20 points at this stage with a decent manager getting best out of players we clearly have. 

This is easily the worst performing Aberration FC team I have witnessed at any point following the club considering the players we have & compared to the players/managers other clubs in league have.

Robson is clearly the weakest link at club at moment. I would even argue that Glass/Goodwin would have this group of players/squad performing far better overall & have us higher up table. I genuinely cannot think of any other manager we’ve had that would be doing a worse job with these players than Robson has been. It’s genuinely concerning just how much of a mess he is making of what is clearly a decent pool of players. Even when you discount the complete no shows such as Dadia, Williams etc.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

If I was Barry I would have waited until I'd strung together a reasonable sized run of results, before I started with the sarky post match comments.

He’s not the type. He’s an arrogant cunt. 

similar mentality to his ‘fan/wank club on here’ far too prematurely on here after a rare win (sometimes half way through them) to bleat out some ‘I told you so’s’ 🤣 

Simply cannot accept any form of criticism aimed at him. To the extent of petulant child levels. 
His delusions of grandeur in his own abilities are un fathomable. Especially given just how poor his stats & the eye bleeding football he dishes up.

6 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

If I was Barry I would have waited until I'd strung together a reasonable sized run of results, before I started with the sarky post match comments.

So bizarre. If he had come out and stuck to the likes of he was pleased with the performance and the win will give us confidence/momentum etc no one would have blinked, bizarre to immediately go on the defensive and roll out the usual crap. That being said if we play like that I’ll happily just watch the games and not bother with his interviews. 

7 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Or just not bother at all.

All he has to do is talk positively about his team and how they are working together to improve things. 

17 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

One convincing win, although very pleasing, against a piss poor Motherwell side on a bad run changes very little. 

Robson still has much to prove starting with Saturday's semi-final against Hibernian. 

A win is very much the target but will he get it? On the run of form we have had this season I hope but wouldn't bet on it.

Often in football you are only as good as your opponents allow you to be. Aberdeen took the game from the kick off and as a result Motherwell were never able to get into the game

6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

similar mentality to his ‘fan/wank club on here’ far too prematurely on here after a rare win (sometimes half way through them) to bleat out some ‘I told you so’s’ 🤣 

Simply cannot accept any form of criticism aimed at him. To the extent of petulant child levels. 
His delusions of grandeur in his own abilities are un fathomable. Especially given just how poor his stats & the eye bleeding football he dishes up.

Last night, especially in the first half Aberdeen played some of the best football in years. Some people on this forum will never accept Robson and will use any excuse to criticise him - often for reasons that have nothing to do with football- clubs he has played for, the colour of his hair!! the fact he comes from Inverurie etc,etc.

I support Robson as Aberdeen manager others slag him off for being Robson. Strange. 
Some of the anti Robson group always look to see the negatives , never the positives.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I don't think that's true at all.Robson needs to get performances like last night on a consistent basis.We all know that.He also has to keep being optimistic and positive for the team the fans and the coaching staff.I watched his red tv interview and saw nothing wrong with it.

37 minutes ago, G man said:

Last night, especially in the first half Aberdeen played some of the best football in years. Some people on this forum will never accept Robson and will use any excuse to criticise him - often for reasons that have nothing to do with football- clubs he has played for, the colour of his hair!! the fact he comes from Inverurie etc,etc.

I support Robson as Aberdeen manager others slag him off for being Robson. Strange. 
Some of the anti Robson group always look to see the negatives , never the positives.

That’s rubbish, I don’t think anyone is anti Robson simply because he’s Barry Robson… it’s based on the god awful tactics we’ve seen him employ for the majority of the season, his constant excuses when we perform like shite.

Was last night better? Of course it was, in particular the first half. But we’ve been here before this season, produce a better performance and then revert to type and look awful again.

One win doesn’t change anything, if he can get us consistently playing like we did in the first half then fair enough but as things stand I’ll believe that when I see it.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

That’s rubbish, I don’t think anyone is anti Robson simply because he’s Barry Robson… it’s based on the god awful tactics we’ve seen him employ for the majority of the season, his constant excuses when we perform like shite.

Was last night better? Of course it was, in particular the first half. But we’ve been here before this season, produce a better performance and then revert to type and look awful again.

One win doesn’t change anything, if he can get us consistently playing like we did in the first half then fair enough but as things stand I’ll believe that when I see it.

100% min.

Last night was good but, as always, Robson will ultimately be judged on matches such as Saturday at Hampden. 

Hibernian are no world beaters but will BR get his tactics right to beat them?

The truth is given the evidence of his tenure so far we don't know. 

That is the trouble with a rookie manager learning his trade on the job.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, G man said:

Utter nonsense! Robson will get credit when he’s due it. Which is very little up until last night. If we put in another performance like that on Saturday I think it will give some people hope he can turn it around. That was totally out the blue last night. But promising he tried something a little different and actually played football. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, G man said:

What a load of shite 😂

Folk are rightly not happy because the tactics and performances this season and the end of last have been unacceptably bad. Add to that some very questionable managerial in game decisions and crazy talk after games. Its just not very impressive.

If you support some of the horrendous shit we have been subjected to this season, you will get the club you deserve.

Barry Robson is in an extremely desirable position. He needs to perform and get the team performing and we will all be happy.