Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Therein lies the tale of Scottish football in a nutshell. 

All it does in Scotland is give known fans of the scum another way in which they can assist them if they need it.

And for any team to go 70 league games without conceding a penalty (more than half under VAR) says all anyone needs to know. 

BR indirectly questioning the integrity of the game in Scotland

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/aberdeen-manager-states-scottish-football-153424666.html

BARRY Robson today stated that Rangers being awarded an injury- time penalty against Aberdeen following a contentious VAR check did “not look good” and declared that Scottish football is “in trouble”.

Referee Nick Walsh ruled that Stefan Gartenmann had fouled Connor Goldson inside his area in the final minute of regulation time after being urged to watch a replay of the incident on his pitchside monitor by his Clydesdale House colleague Andrew Dallas.

James Tavernier stepped forward and netted the spot kick to ensure the Ibrox club, who had fallen behind early in the first half of the cinch Premiership match when they allowed a Bojan Miovski strike, earned a draw and a point.

However, Robson clearly felt that Rangers centre half Goldson had gone down far too easily and stressed that not all shirt pulls deserved to be punished with a foul.

The former Celtic midfielder argued that the Glasgow club, who are now eight points behind their city rivals in the table with a game in hand, being awarded another late penalty did not reflect well on Scottish football.

“I think there was a lot said at the VAR meeting last week about pulling shirts in boxes,” he said. “I wasn’t at the meeting, I was up here training when they put the meeting down in Glasgow on so it wasn’t great timing.

“But this is what I have heard – the referees all said that not every pull of a shirt inside the penalty box is a penalty.

“Stefan got blocked, I think we can all see that. Obviously, VAR has just not bothered looking at the block, it has just looked at the shirt pull. We are in trouble if this is the way it is going to aren’t we?

“We are in trouble. It just doesn’t look good for me another VAR decision going Rangers’ way in the 90th minute. It doesn’t look good. I don’t know, I am just frustrated.”

Asked if he was surprised that Walsh went over to his monitor, Robson said: “It took him long enough eh? But so many decisions have not gone for us this season. I think we could be sitting in a completely different place to where we are. But do you know what? We keep going, we keep fighting on.”

Robson spoke to Walsh on the pitch following the final whistle. Asked what he had said to the referee, he said: "I just said I hope you got it right, I hope you got it right. I just hope he got it right that’s all.

“Too many decisions have been wrong in Scotland. It was a long time at the monitor as well. Listen, I am not going to get into that. I know you all want me to. What I feel I can’t say. Let’s just talk about how good my team was today.

“I thought we performed really well in the game. I thought in the first-half we pressed so well, we counter-pressed well, we transitioned well. We played with speed and excitement and could have been two up. We looked like a real Aberdeen team.

“It is really hard to play with that speed and tempo for the whole game, especially against a team like Rangers, who are quality. In the second half we knew they would have their periods, we knew that, we understand that.

"We did it well, we flipped the shape a wee bit, we made some good subs. Then we just got his with a sucker punch, once again, at the end.

9 minutes ago, G man said:

At Ibrox we - according to some- should have been well beaten if they had taken their chances?! We won 3-1 -today we were denied a 1-0 win with a dodgy penalty and we could have lost 4 or 5 easily!!!!  I suspect Robson has the best managerial record of any Aberdeen manager against that lot from Govan. 

You are apportioning far too much credit to a win at Ibrox (where we could have easily been three down before we scored against a hun team who had clearly thrown in the towel with Beale) and then a draw at home v them as if that somehow discounts the absolutely dogshit performances and tactics that see us sitting 9th a few days shy of December with one solitary home win in all competitions.

Personally as much as I enjoyed the win at Ibrox I'd much rather we had a defined style of play that didn't result in us coughing up 70% possession in the vain hope that we don't concede from the numerous chances the opposition routinely get. (Motherwell away would be a reasonable blueprint)

5 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Remember the complete non pen that Bates gave away a couple of seasons back? We were 2-0 up and were screwed over.

You'd think that these things would eventually lead to change with technology. They've actually gotten worse.

Rangers haven’t had a penalty against them since VAR came in. 70 games. That’s verging on impossible if the referees are being fair. 

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

If that's given as a penalty, which, of course, it was, there would be approximately 20 penalties awarded per game.

Ok, Gartenmann was daft to have a tug of Jihadi John's shirt but by fuck the ugly cunt milked it. Gartenmann was also fouled before the incident by that imposter of a footballer Sammers, hence his tug as his man had got a lead on him.

Gave too much respect to the reptilian filth in the second half, albeit we defended admirably. 

Rubezic MOTM for me. Never put a foot or head wrong throughout.

Rubezic dived in and conceded a needless free kick just outside the box second half. Fortunately Tavenier missed. But he did play well. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Miovski I’ll excuse as he’d had two games for Macedonia against Italy & England.

Sokler has no excuse, albeit he’s probably only played about 90 minutes all season here & there. 

Miovski wasn’t at the calendar signing on Thursday so must’ve been back late from international duty. 

Sokler has no match sharpness and until today had only played 141 minutes of league football and 206 minutes in total over 16 matches

15 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

You are apportioning far too much credit to a win at Ibrox (where we could have easily been three down before we scored against a hun team who had clearly thrown in the towel with Beale) and then a draw at home v them as if that somehow discounts the absolutely dogshit performances and tactics that see us sitting 9th a few days shy of December with one solitary home win in all competitions.

Personally as much as I enjoyed the win at Ibrox I'd much rather we had a defined style of play that didn't result in us coughing up 70% possession in the vain hope that we don't concede from the numerous chances the opposition routinely get. (Motherwell away would be a reasonable blueprint)

When was our last win at Ibrox before the 3-1 win??

25 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Therein lies the tale of Scottish football in a nutshell. 

All it does in Scotland is give known fans of the scum another way in which they can assist them if they need it.

And for any team to go 70 league games without conceding a penalty (more than half under VAR) says all anyone needs to know. 

At last l can totally agree with one of your posts.👍👍

Disappointed to only take the point from that. Had the VAR not went out of their way to give the pen then I believe we hold on. And hold on is the right term as we were overrun in the second half and lost the midfield and defended both stoutly and desperately at times.

Was pleased to see Sokler get a proper chance and he was lively with a chance he should have scored from and a lovely flick for Miovski to score from. Did a lot of good pressing, but inevitability ran out of steam early on in the second half. 

The VAR is ruining the game. It was supposed to be for clear and obvious errors. To take that long to look at it, then for the ref to take that long looking at it before inevitability pointing to the spot, to me means it's not clear and obvious. It was as though VAR was actively looking for a foul. I'll go conspiracy theory and say we're not getting that at the other end. Just no consistency in decisions given.

Let's see if this manager and team have what it takes to build on the result and string a few wins together. Starting at Helsinki on Thursday. See you there. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

Is any cunt savvy enough to take a look at their corner, I'm certain you'd be able to find a hun pulling a shirt somewhere. Var works when it's used properly and impartially. 

It's time the other ten clubs in the league got together and took a stance, we are all getting ridden rotten fae this. 

Simple action the club can do is not pay for it. End of.

It shouldn't be an obligation for our club to pay for a commodity or concept that is not of a reasonable and acceptable standard nor is it fit for purpose of which it was intended for use for.

It is evidently/ironically clear and obvious that it is not.

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Rangers haven’t had a penalty against them since VAR came in. 70 games. That’s verging on impossible if the referees are being fair. 

This is the issue. Somebody, somewhere posted a video of St J v The Huns where the fermer was literally pulled to the ground as a corner came in.....the VAR official declined to inform the referee (Walsh by coincidence) that an offence may have taken place and may have been missed. 

It was clearly a penalty by any definition of the laws, but the 'subjective' opinion of the VAR official was that there was nothing to see. 

Fast forward to today, and the VAR official (Dallas) manages to pick up a microscopic/minor incident and brings it to the referee's attention. By the absolute letter of the law of course, it's an infringement and Walsh upon seeing it has no alternative but to award a penalty. 

So the question AFC and every other non bigot brother club in Scotland should be asking, is for the SFPL/SFA to clearly explain why one incident is deemed worthy of being classed a 'clear and obvious error' by the VAR official, and the other.....we could also add the Duk non-penalty at Ibrox.....isn't. 

There's either consistency, or there isn't. It's not good enough for the SFA to say that VAR is working 'well', when we have such ridiculous differences in how incidents are treated. 

Where's the fucking transparency ? There's none. And all of our emotions that we have tied up in our teams.....not to mention managers and players livelihoods.....are 100% in the hands of cunts like Dallas and Aitken. 

Insane. 

• Upvote 9
19 minutes ago, We Don't Need Eusabio said:

Rubezic dived in and conceded a needless free kick just outside the box second half. Fortunately Tavenier missed. But he did play well. 

That's right min.

I remember him pointing to the ground to indicate to the ref that is where the foul took place, just incase deja vu occurred again like against PAOK Salonika when clearly the Greek cheating cunt dived over Rubezic's foot outside the box to con the match ref into wrongly awarding them a penalty in the dying embers of that game.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, G man said:

When was our last win at Ibrox before the 3-1 win??

That's completely irrelevant. We drew there under Glass. He was incompetent too.

You sound as though beating them means more to you than anything else which is embarrassing. Would you swap that win at Ibrox for having a team that has defined patterns of play, less of a defensive mindset and that picked up wins v Livi, St Mirren, Killie and St Johnstone (all teams with significantly lower budgets than us that we should be beating) which would have us sitting clear in 3rd? 

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

We'd lost control of midfield at that point. You can see he wanted another body in there to try and win it back. Didn't work though.

His substitutions this season have, at best, been questionable most weeks.

Today, I could understand him wanting another body in midfield given Clarkson was poor & Shinnie was knackered. Again. 
You’d have thought that might’ve given us a better chance of retaining the ball more. 
It didn’t.

Also, Barron should’ve got on.  
Maybe there’s a reason we don’t know about that explains why he didn’t. 
If so, why’s he on the bench?

I’d have taken a draw beforehand probably, but those scum cunts getting a 95th minute penalty off those pair of orange bastards is sickening. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

This is the issue. Somebody, somewhere posted a video of St J v The Huns where the fermer was literally pulled to the ground as a corner came in.....the VAR official declined to inform the referee (Walsh by coincidence) that an offence may have taken place and may have been missed. 

It was clearly a penalty by any definition of the laws, but the 'subjective' opinion of the VAR official was that there was nothing to see. 

Fast forward to today, and the VAR official (Dallas) manages to pick up a microscopic/minor incident and brings it to the referee's attention. By the absolute letter of the law of course, it's an infringement and Walsh upon seeing it has no alternative but to award a penalty. 

So the question AFC and every other non bigot brother club in Scotland should be asking, is for the SFPL/SFA to clearly explain why one incident is deemed worthy of being classed a 'clear and obvious error' by the VAR official, and the other.....we could also add the Duk non-penalty at Ibrox.....isn't. 

There's either consistency, or there isn't. It's not good enough for the SFA to say that VAR is working 'well', when we have such ridiculous differences in how incidents are treated. 

Where's the fucking transparency ? There's none. And all of our emotions that we have tied up in our teams.....not to mention managers and players livelihoods.....are 100% in the hands of cunts like Dallas and Aitken. 

Insane. 

If this is true (sure it is), it’s exactly the question we should ask the referees association, var and spl to explain. Don’t pick one issue show them double standards and ask for written explanation that can be shown to fans who off course when it suits are the life blood of the game (lol). Or in reality “Money makes the world go round “

6 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Insane. 

good post min