Holidays 2024

The Buzzard

9 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Really? I think hes a long term lurker. He knows too much about Aberdeen as a city to be hanz. Posts music that a del amitri fan wouldnt. And was saying stuff about old casual gear that hanz wouldnt have known about. Thats evidence enough for me. 

Yeah I don’t think it’s Hans. But I don’t care enough to really think about it. They are normally easy to spot when they slip after a few weeks. 

24 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Really? I think hes a long term lurker. He knows too much about Aberdeen as a city to be hanz. Posts music that a del amitri fan wouldnt. And was saying stuff about old casual gear that hanz wouldnt have known about. Thats evidence enough for me. 

Did he just mention the gear or was he a casual? 

15 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Yeah I don’t think it’s Hans. But I don’t care enough to really think about it. They are normally easy to spot when they slip after a few weeks. 

You managing to get staff these days? plenty cheap foreign labour on the go?

Holiday booked to the German Reich.

We were flirting with visiting the black forest, in the end we plumped for the Moselle Valley again, near Trier. 

Beautiful, good weather, loads to do and see, very few english speakers (mainly yank tourists in trier) and only ~4 hours drive from Amsterdam (going through Belgium) meaning I have time for a bit of doobie shopping after we get off the ferry.

Arriving end of June - though Id give the boche some time to recover after we fuck them in the opening game of the euros!

Hooray!

5 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

Is everywhere abroad expensive as fuck now? 

Tried pricing up a 2 week all inclusive to Turkey or Greece and it's the guts of 5k for the 3 of us. 

Wife speaking about an air b and b somewhere abroad. 

try montonegro- stunning place and cheapest holibob I’ve had in a long time

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Holiday booked to the German Reich.

We were flirting with visiting the black forest, in the end we plumped for the Moselle Valley again, near Trier. 

Beautiful, good weather, loads to do and see, very few english speakers (mainly yank tourists in trier) and only ~4 hours drive from Amsterdam (going through Belgium) meaning I have time for a bit of doobie shopping after we get off the ferry.

Arriving end of June - though Id give the boche some time to recover after we fuck them in the opening game of the euros!

Hooray!

the valley is good

trier also but mostly it’s the Roman attractions.

get yourself into belgium for the worlds best chocolate and chips. and their beer of vourse

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Croatia was all the rage for a while, cheap as fuck and great scenery? Is it still good value?

Croatia is class, heading back there in August. Wouldn’t say it’s cheap now though 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Croatia is class, heading back there in August. Wouldn’t say it’s cheap now though 

been few times. nae cheap (eg wine) and the local beer is crap.

great country tho but serbia and montonegro are just as good 

Don’t go to Dubrovnik in August will be absolutely mobbed with cruise ships. 

Montenegro and Albania are the places to go to Kotor is stunning and Tirana is nice also a few beach places in Albania worth a look 

1 minute ago, ullevi said:

Don’t go to Dubrovnik in August will be absolutely mobbed with cruise ships. 

Montenegro and Albania are the places to go to Kotor is stunning and Tirana is nice also a few beach places in Albania worth a look 

Kotor is also full of cruise boats

36 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Which bit did you go to? I looked at Dubrovnik last year(I think). 

Going back to Pula this year but been to Dubrovnik a couple of times as well. It’s class for a long weekend. Split looks brilliant as well but not been there yet 

42 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

didn’t see much of that. 

mostly local pils there

you must’ve gone to the irish bars there 😝

Ha ha never seen an Irish bar but Paulaner or Erdinger widely available 

1 hour ago, Bluto10 said:

the valley is good

trier also but mostly it’s the Roman attractions.

get yourself into belgium for the worlds best chocolate and chips. and their beer of vourse

The wife and I went around the Roman stuff in 2011 I think it was.  it was a glorious sunny day I recall.  There are some UNESCO Churches too.  Plus St Matthias Benedictine Abbey.  And the house where Karl Marx was born (visit so you can spit as you pass lol).

We were back in 2017.  A beautiful city to walk around too.  No end to its charms really!

Looking forward to going back - one of the kids (P4) was learning about the Romans in School recently, so it will tie up well with that.

I have always been suspicious of the Belgians lol, but may take your advice.  Luxembourg worth visiting?

Of course, the real beer pilgrimage to be made in this area imo is to the town of Bitburg and its brewery (was there in 2017, doubt the miserable missus would go back lol).

58 minutes ago, NEM said:

Going back to Pula this year but been to Dubrovnik a couple of times as well. It’s class for a long weekend. Split looks brilliant as well but not been there yet 

Split is lovely. Can recommend the segway/bar tour round the town.

• Upvote 1