Holidays 2024

The Buzzard

17 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Anyone on here ever been to Luxembourg?  I need convinced it actually exists.

It’s shite. And cold.

I’ve accidentally been twice.

Ended up there for a France v Scotland game in Metz. From memory, I flew home via Tel-Aviv.

4 hours ago, Donstar83 said:

Is everywhere abroad expensive as fuck now? 

Tried pricing up a 2 week all inclusive to Turkey or Greece and it's the guts of 5k for the 3 of us. 

Wife speaking about an air b and b somewhere abroad. 

It'll hopefully be a trip to Georgia for me after the euros.  

Stunning scenery, cheap as fuck & nae Brits. 

8 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Drove past his vineyard near Albufueira last year. There's a street named after him in the old town. 😄 Took a picture of the street sign but don't know how to upload pics.

Need help with pics? I’m your man.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
On 3/24/2024 at 9:13 PM, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The wife and I went around the Roman stuff in 2011 I think it was.  it was a glorious sunny day I recall.  There are some UNESCO Churches too.  Plus St Matthias Benedictine Abbey.  And the house where Karl Marx was born (visit so you can spit as you pass lol).

We were back in 2017.  A beautiful city to walk around too.  No end to its charms really!

Looking forward to going back - one of the kids (P4) was learning about the Romans in School recently, so it will tie up well with that.

I have always been suspicious of the Belgians lol, but may take your advice.  Luxembourg worth visiting?

Of course, the real beer pilgrimage to be made in this area imo is to the town of Bitburg and its brewery (was there in 2017, doubt the miserable missus would go back lol).

Luxembourg City is a beautiful place, pretty quiet though.

If you drive there, fuel up in Luxembourg, it's a hellava lot cheaper than the surrounding countries.

• Upvote 1