Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

18 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Despite Aberdeen's league position, this is a key fixture for us against the team we'd have said is our main competitor for 3rd. I wouldn't take risks. We've Celtic away and actually that appeals more given zero points is a likely outcome regardless, plus gives them a good work out before St Mirren and Hibs - two 6 pointers as the league stands.

But Gordon and Halkett hugely upgrade an already pretty tight defence. Rowles has found a bit of consistency and a back three of Kent, Halkett and Rowles in front of Gordon, with Kingsley LWB and a new RWB being looked at, sounds like we might have a defence we're pretty happy with.

Loads of work needed in MF and upfront still.

You're up early.

Have you just come down ?

Notwithstanding the result on Wednesday, I’m still harbouring delusions that this team is capable of a decent performance even under Robson. 

If we see a reaction from the players, as we did against Motherwell, then I think this is a game we should win. If not, we’re in trouble. 

12 minutes ago, red kev said:

Surely a defeat is the end for Robson?

Hes got on change things up. But he won't best I can hope for is..

Sokler polvara and mcgarry in 

Shinnie  duk and Hayes out 

It genuinely doesn’t matter what the score is, the board aren’t going to do fuck all. 

wonder if Cormack will be there if agm Monday.

1 hour ago, red kev said:

Surely a defeat is the end for Robson?

Unless he wins tomorrow and wins the cup there will be no stay of execution 

I can only presume we have no credible plan B available at short notice so they’ve given him until Hampden at least 

If by some miracle we spark into life and also win the cup then I guess he clings to his job 

I think he'll have until at least the final pretty much no matter what.  I wouldn't expect anything to happen until the winter break.

Cormack has proved himself to be clueless at running the club and will put off making a big decision until the very last moment. Gunn is an over promoted fan who is totally out of his depth.  Burrows is just the Motherwell version of Gunn but with better PR.

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

We will lose to Hearts.

Pumped by Frankfurt.

Extra time loss to Huns.

It'll be seen as progress by the board... who in theory are a much bigger problem. Cormack tries to be in touch with fans whereas he's actually so fucking out of touch it's mental.

Merry Christmas!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Unless he wins tomorrow and wins the cup there will be no stay of execution 

I can only presume we have no credible plan B available at short notice so they’ve given him until Hampden at least 

If by some miracle we spark into life and also win the cup then I guess he clings to his job 

You give the halfwitted FMB waaaay too much credit.  It's abundently clear that their heads are stuck in the sand

• Upvote 4

An ooft stat (shamelessly stolen from p&b):

We've managed to score in 6 of our 14 league games. If you take out games vs the cheeks, we've scored in 3/10 league games. #impotent

We do fine* in Europe and against the cheeks (scored in 10/11 games), but not against the 'smaller' teams around us.

* Zero clean sheets from those 11 games though.

In recent years we usually win at Pittodrie with the occasional draw thrown in. Hearts usually win at Tynecastle with the occasional draw thrown in.

This one feels like the game where the dearth of away wins at either ground comes to an end.

That said, Hearts are pretty pish themselves so we could pick up a win but it's not a match I'll be selecting for my weekly treble.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

In recent years we usually win at Pittodrie with the occasional draw thrown in. Hearts usually win at Tynecastle with the occasional draw thrown in.

This one feels like the game where the dearth of away wins at either ground comes to an end.

That said, Hearts are pretty pish themselves so we could pick up a win but it's not a match I'll be selecting for my weekly treble.

I’ll not be putting a bet on any outcome either.

think the huns will win, but they’re shite as well. 
Ordinarily I’d bet on us to beat them at Pittodrie, 7 days a week.
Every time.

BUT… we are absolute shite under Robson & bereft of confidence. 
Unless we miraculously make a good start, it will probably go pear shaped.

However, the Board will hide - nothing to see here. 
We’re in a Cup Final you know.