Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

2 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

If you say so. Refs are dodgy and cost us points. We should definitely have been in with a chance of qualifying through the groups if it wasn't for those dodgy refs. 😂

I’m not saying we would have qualified but we would definitely have had more points. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Haha of course he did

Even Clarkson said it post match

Must be true then if Clarkson joked it to be the case.

MacKenzie said in commentary as well that Shinnies goal v County was of his shin. Guess that must mean it’s true as well since a player said it 🤣

Great argument to strengthen your point though 

• Dildo 1
9 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Re original comment on turnover etc. I agree we should all be doing better and the Scottish system is designed to keep everybody behind the ugly sister. Your numbers are way out though. I saw something doing the rounds a few weeks ago saying AFC wages were £4mm. In fact they are £11.6mm and 75% of turnover which last year climbed back to match precovid levels. (See afc accounts for full details). Of course this is still poor compared to the English championship and dwarfed by Celtic and Rangers. 

Appreciate that, mate! For the record, I just posted a comment amount hearts and a made up figure of c200k season tickets on the waiting lists. It was a wee joke, directed at the spoon burner! 
Ps would you like to be my accountant? 

14 hours ago, thurso said:

I’m not saying we would have qualified but we would definitely have had more points. 

That's not what I said though is it?

I said that you are saying that we would be in with a chance of qualifying. And that is definitely what you are saying assuming the dodgy refs costing us points means we would have beaten PAOK by getting a pen for Mackenzie's foul and winning against Helsinki as they would have had a man sent off. That is all you could possibly mean as far as I can see. That gives us 5 more points and we'd be playing Frankfurt tonight for second place 😂 if it wasn't for those dodgy refs. 

And clearly I'm calling bullshit on that and putting the 1 point from those 2 home games at Robson's feet.

2 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

That's not what I said though is it?

I said that you are saying that we would be in with a chance of qualifying. And that is definitely what you are saying assuming the dodgy refs costing us points means we would have beaten PAOK by getting a pen for Mackenzie's foul and winning against Helsinki as they would have had a man sent off. That is all you could possibly mean as far as I can see. That gives us 5 more points and we'd be playing Frankfurt tonight for second place 😂 if it wasn't for those dodgy refs. 

And clearly I'm calling bullshit on that and putting the 1 point from those 2 home games at Robson's feet.

If the ref did his job we would have had at least 2 extra points I reckon.

If it gave us a chance of qualifying I’d have said if we played them tonight we would be through as their probably not even in the country yet, so we are  bound to win even with Robson as manager. 

On 12/9/2023 at 11:26 PM, Ernie McCracken said:

I can almost accept him losing the ball if he's trying, but jogging when the game is there to be won....  seriously WTF. He should be busting a gut.  Imagine Clarkson had decided to jog and just hope Duk would do it all himself.

That attitude is the difference between winners and losers.

True dat

On 12/9/2023 at 6:17 PM, thurso said:

Morris is poor. He has pace to get past a full back and hit the byline but his crossing after that is no better than a 14 year old. There is probably a reason he had no assists before joining us. 

I don't get how a professional footballer can't cross a ball. Literally one of the easiest things to do in football.

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

"Literally." 

One of the lowest causes of goals are open play crosses. 

Clearly not easy to execute well. 

This board, min. 

Depends if people expect every 'good' cross to result in a goal, plenty of excellent balls go into boxes that don't result in a goal, doesn't always come down to the quality of the ball in.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Depends if people expect every 'good' cross to result in a goal, plenty of excellent balls go into boxes that don't result in a goal, doesn't always come down to the quality of the ball in.

In general terms you're less likely to score from a cross say, than a forced mistake. 

12 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

It’s why Pep doesn’t envourage a cross the ball and prefers cutting it back from the byline. 

Exactly. On the premise that if your goal opportunity creating pass is a shorter one then you've got more chance of it being accurate than one from way out on the byline. 

That's anoher reason why he's always experimenting with different defensive approaches so they can get 5 players in attack without leaving the door too open at the back.  Centre backs pushing into midfield, full backs joining central midfield when in possession etc