Aberdeen 2 - 0 Frankfurt

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Enjoyed that. Was late arriving, and saw plenty of Germans walking the other way down merkland road as I was heading in.

How did they have fans in the away section? I thought they were banned.

And why was their team bus parked outside the main stand at full time? Surely they didn't drive here.

200 Frankfurt fans had 'VIP' tickets which is unaffected by the ban. Burrows said they'd normally sit in the main stand but moved them to the away section as they had the space.

10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Which is why it's classic parochial short sightedness to want the Glasgow two to lose in Europe

The only reason we got this money, is them

Like it or not, it's the truthĀ 

It's up to us to use the money properly, get back in next year and use that money properly again

Could set us up as cast iron for 3rd and better equipped to attack first and secondĀ 

Which is why Cormack needs to be convinced that whoever manages us is capable of getting us to the group stages regularly. Itā€™s our only hope. Iā€™m not sure he truly believes Robson is that man.Ā 

52 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Which is why it's classic parochial short sightedness to want the Glasgow two to lose in Europe

The only reason we got this money, is them

Like it or not, it's the truthĀ 

It's up to us to use the money properly, get back in next year and use that money properly again

Could set us up as cast iron for 3rd and better equipped to attack first and secondĀ 

you are quite correct sir. if we had not beaten the huns after the split we wouldnt have finished third.

26 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Out of interest what would we have got if we had made it to the knock-out stages?

Ā 

Ā 

And don't reply... 'a stiffy'

This was the prize money for last yearĀ  so not a huge amount we missed out on unless you go very far in the competition. Qualifying for the Group stages is the big ticket

• Eliminated in 1st qualifying round - ā‚¬150,000
  • Eliminated in 2nd qualifying roundĀ - ā‚¬350,000
  • Eliminated in 3rd qualifying round - ā‚¬550,000
  • Eliminated in Playoff round - ā‚¬750,000
  • Qualified to Group Stage - ā‚¬2,940,000
  • Match won in Group Stage - ā‚¬500,000
  • Match drawn in Group Stage - ā‚¬166,000
  • Finishing 1st in Group Stage - ā‚¬650,000
  • Finishing 2nd in Group Stage - ā‚¬325,000
  • Playing in round of 32 - ā‚¬300,000
  • Playing in round of 16 - ā‚¬600,000
  • Playing in quarter-final - ā‚¬1,000,000
  • Playing in semi-final - ā‚¬2,000,000
  • Losing final - ā‚¬3,000,000
  • Winning final - ā‚¬5,000,000
  • Ā 
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Enjoyed that. Was late arriving, and saw plenty of Germans walking the other way down merkland road as I was heading in.

And why was their team bus parked outside the main stand at full time? Surely they didn't drive here.

It was cheaper by bus, apparently all the airlines wanted exorbitant fees for baggage so Frankfurt decided to take a stand and drive instead. Good on them I say.Ā 

8 hours ago, Ramandu said:

You think they walked to/from their hotel and/or airport?

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I feel sorry for folk with that view, I really do

Tell me

Are celtic better this season having got 30m?

Would they be worse without Ā£30m? And without Ā£30m all the other times they've qualified for the CL?Ā 

Undoubtedly.Ā 

You're patronising nonsense about "feeling sorry" for people who have a desire for a more even financial playing field, thus helping our desire for our club to be more competitive domestically, is a heap of shit.Ā 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Would they be worse without Ā£30m? And without Ā£30m all the other times they've qualified for the CL?Ā 

Undoubtedly.Ā 

You're patronising nonsense about "feeling sorry" for people who have a desire for a more even financial playing field, thus helping our desire for our club to be more competitive domestically, is a heap of shit.Ā 

Thats just noise

We wouldn't have had Ā£6m or the glory of beating Frankfurt if it wasn't for the Glasgow two, the blue one in particular

Thats a fact and there's no arguing itĀ