Aberdeen 2 - 0 Frankfurt

3 minutes ago, Rabiusmaximus said:

One thing I noticed during the game...hopefully someone can explain.Ā 

How is it that EF managed to make 5 subs during 90 minutes using 4 "substitution opportunities"? 1 for injury in first half, keeper at half time, 1 in the 2nd half, then another 2 in 2nd half.

Thought you could only have 3 substitution opportunities for 90 min.

As far as I understood it it's 3 stoppages during the match but I could be wrongĀ 

4 minutes ago, Rabiusmaximus said:

One thing I noticed during the game...hopefully someone can explain.Ā 

How is it that EF managed to make 5 subs during 90 minutes using 4 "substitution opportunities"? 1 for injury in first half, keeper at half time, 1 in the 2nd half, then another 2 in 2nd half.

Thought you could only have 3 substitution opportunities for 90 min.

Half time doesn't count.

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Dons are at Conference level. We should be under no illusions. Europa League is way, way tougher. We need to scrap it out with those Eastern European league champions, Belgians, etc. Zagreb finished on 7 points. Just be in Europe every season and hold our own, something Celtic doesn't do. Celtic would do damage in Conference League, but we'll probably never see them in it.

Europa league canā€™t be that tough when sevco are making a go of itĀ 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Sober up.

When are you & all the other moaners going to realise that my posting only reflects the quality of football/manager & his backers?

If the football is so dire with no signs of improvement. That is the level of performance I give also. Seems my performance upsets more than the managers does šŸ¤”šŸ˜‰

A fairly enjoyable game.

Started slowly and I thought we were sitting off too much and Duk was isolated quite a bit. But we grew into the game and worked a good first goal. Lovely ball in from Morris. Was that his first assist in a red shirt? He played well tonight.Ā 

Second half we were comfortable enough and a lovely ball from the ever improving Polvara and great finish from Sokler sealed the win.

A pity we let ourselves down over two games with HJK and threw away the win at home against PAOK. Had we had different results against them, this game would have had more riding on it and we'd have seen a different Frankfurt. But it is what it is and it's hopefully a moral boosting win for the team and the fans to take into Sunday.Ā 

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

Lots of really decent teams as top seeds in the next round, hopefully Liverpool rag doll them againĀ 

If theyā€™d dropped to the Conference theyā€™d of had a half decent chance of winning the thingĀ 

They seemed lively tonight, much better than against Aris. Going to be a tough match on Sunday. Better be a humdinger and not some hoofy shite with a bent ref.

21 minutes ago, Bebo said:

That's more than the prize money for winning the league.

Which is why it's classic parochial short sightedness to want the Glasgow two to lose in Europe

The only reason we got this money, is them

Like it or not, it's the truthĀ 

It's up to us to use the money properly, get back in next year and use that money properly again

Could set us up as cast iron for 3rd and better equipped to attack first and secondĀ 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 3