Aberdeen 2 - 0 Frankfurt

6 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Come on now lad, I feel the regular despairing lows following the Dons so will take the rare highs when I can without the edge being taken off.

Dons>Frankfurt>Bayern>Man Utd

Just speaking the truth. Don’t mean people can’t enjoy it but the next morning we can realise that it wasn’t a proper competitive game. 

22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Thats just noise

We wouldn't have had £6m or the glory of beating Frankfurt if it wasn't for the Glasgow two, the blue one in particular

Thats a fact and there's no arguing it 

I can never work out if you’re trolling with this stuff or genuinely suffer some sort of Stockholm syndrome.

58 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

A good result but essentially a friendly. 

31 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Both teams played second string sides. As I said, good result but let’s not get carried away. 

We made eight changes to ensure we have a freshness about our starting 11 in a huge match on Sunday, so it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility that we got a hiding last night. 

Instead, our second string put in a good performance (with timely goals for our back-up strikers) which will breed confidence, land us £500k and means the table ends in a relatively respectable shape. I don't think we picked up any injuries either. 

Meanwhile, the Rangers had to travel to Spain and expend a lot of energy, both physically and emotionally, in a match with a lot of stake. 

I don't think people are getting carried away but last night went almost as good as we could have hoped in the circumstances, so we may as well enjoy it. 

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

We made eight changes to ensure we have a freshness about our starting 11 in a huge match on Sunday, so it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility that we got a hiding last night. 

Instead, our second string put in a good performance (with timely goals for our back-up strikers) which will breed confidence, land us £500k and means the table ends in a relatively respectable shape. I don't think we picked up any injuries either. 

Meanwhile, the Rangers had to travel to Spain and expend a lot of energy, both physically and emotionally, in a match with a lot of stake. 

I don't think people are getting carried away but last night went almost as good as we could have hoped in the circumstances, so we may as well enjoy it. 

I don’t disagree with the positives you highlight from last night but did we really make 8 changes from a typical starting line up this season? That side doesn’t look so different to what we’ve been used to imo.

I’d say about 3-4 starters could be described as rested + Mio is out injured.

14 hours ago, Millertime said:

You're missing the point

We wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the coefficient points that lot amassed

Co-efficient points gained due to the exploits of RIFC, I really don't give two fucks about.

We got to European competition on merit and did well against well-known continental teams through our own endeavours, and not via any other club's efforts.

15 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Hacken lost all 6 games 

Still knackered from all the shots we had against them.

Good performance last night after a slow start.  Polvara was outstanding, surely played himself into contention for Sunday.  Shame to see McGarry break down again, thought he was coming onto a game.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

If it was Zalgiris Vilnius, there's a possibility that may have been the case but nae Eintracht Frankfurt.

They've got an airport with direct flights to and from ABZ. I doubt paying a few extra Deutschmarks for baggage charges would prevent them from getting on an aeroplane to get to here.

It was that Moldovan mob that travelled to Pittodrie by bus, Nistru Otaci.  Cunt of a journey that must have been. 

35 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

It was that Moldovan mob that travelled to Pittodrie by bus, Nistru Otaci.  Cunt of a journey that must have been. 

I forgot they did it as well as Zalgiris Vilnius 6 years earlier. Never stopped Zalgiris turning us over though at Pittodrie.

Like you say min, both clubs would've had a cunt of a trek to get to Aberdeen and then back home thereafter.

1 hour ago, Bamber said:

Number of stewards we paid last night just to say “hello mate” every 5 yards that’s probably an underestimate

Quite ridiculous stewarding last night.

Steward asked me how I was doing and I replied "nae bad, fit like yerself?" he still asked for proof of addressed to confirm I wasn't a German infiltrator 🤣

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Steward asked me how I was doing and I replied "nae bad, fit like yerself?" he still asked for proof of addressed to confirm I wasn't a German infiltrator 🤣

I responded with “sehr gut” and the wifie was horrified. Then I apologised for my shite patter to confirm I wasn’t actually German. 

was as cringe as it sounds

but I was pished

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I seen one steward pointing at a Frankfurt fan and shouting at him for “ticket fraud”.

Never disliked the stewards at Pittodrie quite as much as I did last night.

• Upvote 1