Aberdeen v Sevco - League Cup Final 2023

4 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

Seeing this more clearly, it's fucking mental that it never got looked at. Completely wipes Duk out first. 

The joke of this is our players barely appeal. If that was the other way round the minks would be surrounding the ref & insisting it’s looked at. Even the players know there’s just no point as your never getting it.

4 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

Seeing this more clearly, it's fucking mental that it never got looked at. Completely wipes Duk out first. 

As clear a penalty as there could be but we were never ever going to get that in injury time against the huns.... other end though with us 1-0 up and its guaranteed to be a penalty for them.

The fact VAR didn't even look at it and instead concentrated on trying to find a reason to send off one of our players just shows how corrupt Scottish football is. They don't even try to hide the bias anymore.

• Upvote 3
48 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

As clear a penalty as there could be but we were never ever going to get that in injury time against the huns.... other end though with us 1-0 up and its guaranteed to be a penalty for them.

The fact VAR didn't even look at it and instead concentrated on trying to find a reason to send off one of our players just shows how corrupt Scottish football is. They don't even try to hide the bias anymore.

I think I hate modern football, VAR is an abomination, all it's done for Scottish football is highlight how rigged our game is. I think I may spend the rest of this season evolving away from being a football supporter, I'm tired of this shit ruining my life most weekends.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, don corleone said:

I think I hate modern football, VAR is an abomination, all it's done for Scottish football is highlight how rigged our game is. I think I may spend the rest of this season evolving away from being a football supporter, I'm tired of this shit ruining my life most weekends.

VAR has just proven to be a security blanket for the huns, exacerbated by having orange bastards like Dallas as VAR.

Only in Scotland. 

Fuck, and I cannot stress this enough, the SFA. 

8 minutes ago, don corleone said:

Let's be honest VAR or no VAR we were never going to get that as a penalty given the opposition and circumstances.

I still maintain that having not got the option of a fair 50/50 split we should have pulled ourselves out of the competition in protest. Failure just shows we are happy to accept the corruption.

The sooner the clubs outwith Rangers and Celtic grow a backbone the better. They can't complain if their not prepared to stand up against it.

1 hour ago, Donstar83 said:

Was never going to get looked at, huns get away with that kind of thing on a constant basis so there’s no chance the arse cheek TV* cup final was going to have a penalty given against one side of the arse cheeks

*They had to name it something else to not look as blatantly obvious 

31 minutes ago, don corleone said:

It fucks my wkend up and if I've shit on the Sat night or Sun to do I'm just a miserable bastard doing it wether that's out for drinks or a meal we the Gfriend.

Fitba is just a business but clubs can get awa we short changing there fans, fans are suckers for punishment.

14 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Whoever finally gets a penalty awarded against Sevco in league I hope they really exaggerate their celebrations like they’ve won the league. Or better still, the whole team & bench fake fainting 🤣

If it's against us, I say a 1977 wembley style pitch invasion, with the most sarcastic celebrations possible

Just got back after having a great weekend spoiled by a shit game of football. Both teams were pretty poor over the piece with us being particularly poor. To go to a cup final and not have a shot on target is criminal to have no tactics bar booting the Ball up in the air is criminal and to come out with the rubbish Robson did post match is criminal. the midfield was far too weak and personally i would have swapped Clarkson for Polvara at half time how he survived the 9o mins again is criminal. Jonny Hayes is way past it a couple of times in the first half he had acres of space to run into and he just turned around and passed backwards again criminal, but yet again the complete lack of appetite from this club and manager to have a right go at a tired average Hun team is criminal

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

It fucks my wkend up and if I've shit on the Sat night or Sun to do I'm just a miserable bastard doing it wether that's out for drinks or a meal we the Gfriend.

Fitba is just a business but clubs can get awa we short changing there fans, fans are suckers for punishment.

For real? Did not expect that.

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Was never going to get looked at, huns get away with that kind of thing on a constant basis so there’s no chance the arse cheek TV* cup final was going to have a penalty given against one side of the arse cheeks

*They had to name it something else to not look as blatantly obvious 

I'm Imbruglia about that particular one.  Very difficult to see in real time although I will say that's the best angle of it I've seen.

Personally more pissed off with the jersey pulling.  Were there penalties there?  No.  In exactly the same way there wasn't on Goldson in the league by either us or hearts.  Was there a jersey pull?  Yes for sure, both times.  Enough for a penalty where youre openly saying youre not going to give it every time you see it?  No. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, scottymc said:

You can absolutely fucking GUARANTEE if that was at their end it’s given. No questions whatsoever. 

Absolutely spot on min. 👍

Each contentious decision they were swarming around the referee Robertson like a pack of Hyenas, trying to sway him into awarding free-kicks, yellow cards, and red cards against us.

That fuckers Jihadi John, Tavernier, and Cuntwell were deplorable in their actions when it came to stops in play yesterday.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I'm Imbruglia about that particular one.  Very difficult to see in real time although I will say that's the best angle of it I've seen.

Personally more pissed off with the jersey pulling.  Were there penalties there?  No.  In exactly the same way there wasn't on Goldson in the league by either us or hearts.  Was there a jersey pull?  Yes for sure, both times.  Enough for a penalty where youre openly saying youre not going to give it every time you see it?  No. 

The simple way to assess it min was to ask why Duk would go down when he's away to pull the trigger and score from such a short distance out?

2 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Let's be honest VAR or no VAR we were never going to get that as a penalty given the opposition and circumstances.

I still maintain that having not got the option of a fair 50/50 split we should have pulled ourselves out of the competition in protest. Failure just shows we are happy to accept the corruption.

The sooner the clubs outwith Rangers and Celtic grow a backbone the better. They can't complain if their not prepared to stand up against it.

Totally agree with you final paragraph

I was in the south stand upper and it was a fair shout for a penalty but at the time I though Duk had lost control of the ball too far ahead of himself to be nailed on, but on seeing replays I can see why that should have been given, however, let’s not detract from the fact that our turgid hoofball excuse at football is not fit for purpose. That’s why we lost the game and that’s why we absolutely change the manager before our quasi useful players become completely disenchanted and choose other clubs.    This has to be a moment when the cost of not doing the necessary with Barry is far far greater than the cost of doing. 

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Goldson went down, gartenmann didn't

You shouldn't have to, but it isn't a new thing with VAR

Go down to accentuate/put a spotlight on it

Gartenmann wasn't clever enough 

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Following Aberdeen has been my lifelong passion but unless the club start calling this out publicly I am really starting to wonder what the point is 

Calling out what? Referees? That’s all well and good if you’ve earned the right to be disappointed with officiating but we deserved fuck all yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Absolutely spot on min. 👍

Each contentious decision they were swarming around the referee Robertson like a pack of Hyenas, trying to sway him into awarding free-kicks, yellow cards, and red cards against us.

That fuckers Jihadi John, Tavernier, and Cuntwell were deplorable in their actions when it came to stops in play yesterday.

The surrounding of the ref was clearly worse in the second half when Robertson started giving every decision to Rangers. Dallas took two minutes to look at the so called hand ball against us which everyone could see his Gartenmunn in the chest but quickly dismissed the Duk penalty.

3 minutes ago, G man said:

The surrounding of the ref was clearly worse in the second half when Robertson started giving every decision to Rangers. Dallas took two minutes to look at the so called hand ball against us which everyone could see his Gartenmunn in the chest but quickly dismissed the Duk penalty.

The intervention of VAR then was truly needless but the longer it went on, the more I thought it was going to be awarded. Thankfully and rightly it wasn't.

However, yet again VAR, for the umpteenth time, chose not to intervene in incidents/fouls that should have led to 2 penalties being awarded to us in line with the actual rules.