Aberdeen v Sevco - League Cup Final 2023

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Just a small point - Duk comes on, gets a decent start on that fucking cart horse Lunstruum, and yet the fucker catches up with him. That just should not happen.

Is that the one where Duk was well past Lundstrum, and then decided to dive ?  That was ridiculously stupid, he could have kept going into the box. 

The second one, the hun definitely caught him, and that really was a foul. But Duk is diving far too much these days, and referee's are aware of it. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Referees don't get to ignore penalties just because we were shit. This goes far beyond yesterday.  

VAR has only proved and heightened the bias towards the Huns.   

Yeah agreed but time and place. We can’t moan about referees yesterday, we got exactly what we deserved. I suppose, we can’t expect anymore seemingly. 

19 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Is that the one where Duk was well past Lundstrum, and then decided to dive ?  That was ridiculously stupid, he could have kept going into the box. 

The second one, the hun definitely caught him, and that really was a foul. But Duk is diving far too much these days, and referee's are aware of it. 

No, before that 

33 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The intervention of VAR then was truly needless but the longer it went on, the more I thought it was going to be awarded. Thankfully and rightly it wasn't.

However, yet again VAR, for the umpteenth time, chose not to intervene in incidents/fouls that should have led to 2 penalties being awarded to us in line with the actual rules.

Totally agree with you. The winning goal came immediately after the stoppage. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yeah agreed but time and place. We can’t moan about referees yesterday, we got exactly what we deserved. I suppose, we can’t expect anymore seemingly. 

Ideally we would sack Robson then raise the issue with the SFA.

Apparently the club that writes and complains to the SFA the most and gives them the most grief, is Rangers.  

This tactic is clearly working for them.  We can take some moral high ground but that just results in us getting fucked over.  

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Goldson went down, gartenmann didn't

You shouldn't have to, but it isn't a new thing with VAR

Go down to accentuate/put a spotlight on it

Gartenmann wasn't clever enough 

I know what you mean but I dont buy that.  The dive historically was to bring the pull to the ref's attention who of course then only had the "effect" to consider having missed the "cause".  VAR doesnt need a dive to establish if theres a shirt pull or not.  VAR can look back at the cause from 15 different angles at whatever speed they need.  But the automatic rush to default penalty in three situations was always going to come back to haunt them (the SFA, not the huns despite being  beneficiary in all three occasions) .  Credit to Tommy Docherty as being the only one to date for saying it.   

6 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Ideally we would sack Robson then raise the issue with the SFA.

Apparently the club that writes and complains to the SFA the most and gives them the most grief, is Rangers.  

This tactic is clearly working for them.  We can take some moral high ground but that just results in us getting fucked over.  

I bet you didnt even know it was possible to "raise the issue" frivolously.

48 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I know what you mean but I dont buy that.  The dive historically was to bring the pull to the ref's attention who of course then only had the "effect" to consider having missed the "cause".  VAR doesnt need a dive to establish if theres a shirt pull or not.  VAR can look back at the cause from 15 different angles at whatever speed they need.  But the automatic rush to default penalty in three situations was always going to come back to haunt them (the SFA, not the huns despite being  beneficiary in all three occasions) .  Credit to Tommy Docherty as being the only one to date for saying it.   

He'll do well to say it min, considering he's deid.

I know who you were meaning though (Tony Docherty).

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Goldson went down, gartenmann didn't

You shouldn't have to, but it isn't a new thing with VAR

Go down to accentuate/put a spotlight on it

Gartenmann wasn't clever enough 

You speak an incredible amount of bollocks don't you. 

Anything to deflect from implied criticism of sevco getting big decisions constantly.

You are really strange 😬

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I know it shouldn't matter but it does. It usually does require a dive. Not guaranteed v the arse cheeks to get a pen and obviously more likely to not matter one way or the other v the hun but it generally speaking the dive counts.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I’m assuming here that the recipient of the punch was a Hun?

Seen post on Facebook earlier by Dad of young Dons fan looking for info as his lad ended up hospitalised after getting knocked out at end of game. Getting realignment operation (screws/plate etc) tomorrow for broken jaw in 2 places. Police examining Cctv as treating as serious assault 

On 12/17/2023 at 11:27 AM, Dad said:

Oh ho - that's Dad on the Jackie D

Trouble ahead

26 minutes ago, RDS said:

Seen post on Facebook earlier by Dad of young Dons fan looking for info as his lad ended up hospitalised after getting knocked out at end of game. Getting realignment operation (screws/plate etc) tomorrow for broken jaw in 2 places. Police examining Cctv as treating as serious assault 

I think we all know what happened here. 

• Haha 2

Good laugh on the hun twitter today, every single one possessing a full working knowledge of the FIFA rule book.

Now they are all saying that a shirt pull depends on the severity of the pull and its now allowed😂😂

Id love for them and the tims to fuck off, make their own league, Sky can show their fixtures every week, make their own cup and Viaplay could show that. Huns, Tims, Sky, Viaplay, BBC openly show their disdain for the rest of the nations clubs so its win win for everyone. They go and wank themselves into oblivion at Daaaarby Day every weekend and rest of the country has a competitive set up for first time in 40 years.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Just got back after having a great weekend spoiled by a shit game of football. Both teams were pretty poor over the piece with us being particularly poor. To go to a cup final and not have a shot on target is criminal to have no tactics bar booting the Ball up in the air is criminal and to come out with the rubbish Robson did post match is criminal. the midfield was far too weak and personally i would have swapped Clarkson for Polvara at half time how he survived the 9o mins again is criminal. Jonny Hayes is way past it a couple of times in the first half he had acres of space to run into and he just turned around and passed backwards again criminal, but yet again the complete lack of appetite from this club and manager to have a right go at a tired average Hun team is criminal

I feel for you and the fans who turned up.

It was a disgrace before a ball was kicked.

Some fans see it, some don't.

We put far too much praise and hero-ship on average players who can sometimes play a decent pass or who score 1 or 2 goals.

It's like it's to somehow show their loyalty to AFC and 'get behind the team'.

I fucking hate hearing that shite!!!

Buy a decent team with the millions we have and maybe you won't hear so many grumbles on here.

That final was an utter insult to 20,000 fans. 1 shot on goal was it?

Only way Robson can turn this around is to buy 2 really good midfielders in January and try get rid of some dross.

That won't happen.

This season has had loads of positives but each positive has been fused with a disappointment.

It's been well dissected, but the first 45 minutes there was acres of space behind the hun full backs.  When Duk and Morris came on for 15 minutes or so, we created about 6 chances from getting to the bye line.  If we were going to sit back and hit on the counter (Transitions) we should of had the pacey wingers on from the start.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, brunstanesheep said:

Good laugh on the hun twitter today, every single one possessing a full working knowledge of the FIFA rule book.

Now they are all saying that a shirt pull depends on the severity of the pull and its now allowed😂😂

Id love for them and the tims to fuck off, make their own league, Sky can show their fixtures every week, make their own cup and Viaplay could show that. Huns, Tims, Sky, Viaplay, BBC openly show their disdain for the rest of the nations clubs so its win win for everyone. They go and wank themselves into oblivion at Daaaarby Day every weekend and rest of the country has a competitive set up for first time in 40 years.

Have thought the same for years. Let them piss off and play each other every week, like they do in that wee island off Cornwall, as they couldn't give a shit about the health of club football in Scotland anyway.

14 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

VAR has just proven to be a security blanket for the huns, exacerbated by having orange bastards like Dallas as VAR.

Only in Scotland. 

Fuck, and I cannot stress this enough, the SFA. 

It’s got worse since the reincarnation of the Zombies. The corruption is so obvious, yet the powers that be are at the top of the corruption heap. Remember the likes of Doncaster, was insistent the Huns were either retained in the SPL or at the very worst what is now the championship. There was restructuring of the league system put together at pace to sweeten things. All because of apparent ‘financial Armageddon’ in Scottish football without their beloved!

they should never have been allowed straight back to the 3rd division, or allowed associate membership of the SFA using the previous, and now dead, clubs registration!

the corrupt masses moved mountains to keep them in the system. 
And here we are! It’s a fucking joke! Shitty, corrupt, sectarian cesspit of a country. Nothing will ever change! Why?  coz there is nothing wrong, other than anyone that can see the obvious of course! 

11 hours ago, brunstanesheep said:

It was quoted by the pundits on Clyde 1 on Sunday that shirt-pulling in the box by a defender will only result in a penalty....given by VAR.....if the attacker had "a reasonable chance of making contact with the ball". This was apparently agreed with all the referees in pre-season. It's a fucking bizarre take on things but shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It was quoted by the pundits on Clyde 1 on Sunday that shirt-pulling in the box by a defender will only result in a penalty....given by VAR.....if the attacker had "a reasonable chance of making contact with the ball". This was apparently agreed with all the referees in pre-season. It's a fucking bizarre take on things but shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. 

Yeah this was mentioned when Huns got one v us. How do they know who was going to get it?

on the business of shirt pulling ,the same weekend edourd of palace has his shirt pulled when striking on goal nothing awarded. just sayin.
like i keep saying better off out of the league, even highland league looks more attractive right now.

nothing will change , many will be back here moaning again soon no doubt and i as always looking to get out of the league, unless all club fans can get on board and protest.
what am i sayin, same old same old.

9 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I feel for you and the fans who turned up.

It was a disgrace before a ball was kicked.

Some fans see it, some don't.

We put far too much praise and hero-ship on average players who can sometimes play a decent pass or who score 1 or 2 goals.

It's like it's to somehow show their loyalty to AFC and 'get behind the team'.

I fucking hate hearing that shite!!!

Buy a decent team with the millions we have and maybe you won't hear so many grumbles on here.

That final was an utter insult to 20,000 fans. 1 shot on goal was it?

Only way Robson can turn this around is to buy 2 really good midfielders in January and try get rid of some dross.

That won't happen.

This season has had loads of positives but each positive has been fused with a disappointment.

8/27 positives! That’s doesn’t include pre season friendlies and 7 aside games against boozers on king street..well not yet!