Aberdeen vs Motherwell (postponed)

14 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

You would hope the club are exploring the possibility of playing at least 1 of the matches during the winter break.  Clubs tend to arrange closed doors friendlies to keep fitness up anyway so wouldn't be that much of a stretch to play a proper match.  Probably be something stopping it from happening but worth asking the question at least.

They’ll no doubt have a jolly to Dubai lined up so don’t hold your breath 

1 hour ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

CAUTION: CONTAINS ENGLISHMAN TALKING ABOUT SCOTTISH FITBA (12 minutes)...

Everything he says makes perfect sense (only thing I would change is making an 18 team league for 34 games) only ones that buy into this pish current set up of small league plus split is the cunts that buy into the Arse cheek narrative. 

18 team top league

12 team championship 

12 team 1st div 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DandyWarhol said:

You would hope the club are exploring the possibility of playing at least 1 of the matches during the winter break.  Clubs tend to arrange closed doors friendlies to keep fitness up anyway so wouldn't be that much of a stretch to play a proper match.  Probably be something stopping it from happening but worth asking the question at least.

Why? 

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

100% MAD.

No argument from me on the complete inadequacy of the local council(s).

There's a fucker up the road who "works from home" as a cooncil accountant. Let's just say he's nae tired from working a full day.

Probably a thread on it's own.

Spot on, BBRS loon. 👍

How the fuck a council employee can work from home and be as productive as if based in an office is illogical and irrational. 

Its fair to say, the boy up the road fae you sounds like he won't be required as the face of Radox anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

100% MAD.

No argument from me on the complete inadequacy of the local council(s).

There's a fucker up the road who "works from home" as a cooncil accountant. Let's just say he's nae tired from working a full day.

Probably a thread on it's own.

I know plenty of hard working council workers chucking in 50-60 hour weeks. Just because you have a guy up the road who sounds lazy, doesn’t speak for all council workers. 

The state of the roads are primarily due to cuts in services, as funding from the central government aka the shitbag SNP, are getting to be almost non existent. They brag about freezing council tax while local councils still try and offer services, pay wages while trying to retain staff in a market where wage increases are becoming more common. All that being said, main trunk roads are not operated by the council and are operated and maintained by the likes of Bear. The council gets a shit rep, and sometimes deserved, but you can blame a shoddy fucking run Scottish Parliament for a lot of the crap that’s going on. 

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

I know plenty of hard working council workers chucking in 50-60 hour weeks. Just because you have a guy up the road who sounds lazy, doesn’t speak for all council workers. 

The state of the roads are primarily due to cuts in services, as funding from the central government aka the shitbag SNP, are getting to be almost non existent. They brag about freezing council tax while local councils still try and offer services, pay wages while trying to retain staff in a market where wage increases are becoming more common. All that being said, main trunk roads are not operated by the council and are operated and maintained by the likes of Bear. The council gets a shit rep, and sometimes deserved, but you can blame a shoddy fucking run Scottish Parliament for a lot of the crap that’s going on. 

Good first paragraph. Poor second one that fails to contextualise the lack of funding. 

Although it's the "Aberdeen Vs Motherwell" thread, so I maybe shouldn't expect nuanced politics chat. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, ab24_5qh said:

Just home to weeg, got as far as some country lane near Forfar before the game was cancelled....what a waste of time and money.

Game should have been cancelled hours before it was or it should have went ahead. Fucking nonsense once again from the authorities 

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

That makes zero sense as councils decide own tax & make own funding from that do they not? 

Are you a ‘council worker’ basically trying to shift blame onto local government because the councils are all so perfect & caring? 🤣

Like a hun blames SNP for everything bad about Scotland. 

Clearly a central ‘belter’ that’s been polluted by blatant bias 🙄

Just now, Millerdon said:

Hibs boss Nick Montgomery WON’T now be mic’d up for the Edinburgh derby clash against Hearts after the Scottish Football Association stepped in to inform the SPFL and Sky Sports of an IFAB ruling that meant they had to pull the plug on the innovative move at the eleventh hour.

Thank Fk 

Would have been a fkn joke, making SPFL look like a Netflix documentary shite & making even more of a mockery than it already is in British football 🤣

9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

See in situations like this,  if there's any risk at all to the match, you shouldn't travel

If you do travel, in my opinion, it's on you

The club statement made it clear the pitch was playable so we made the journey. The A90 was closed for about 1.5 hours before the game was postponed. At the point the game was postponed the weather in Aberdeenshire was getting better, not worse. It was either a late decision or the wrong decision to call it.

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That makes zero sense as councils decide own tax & make own funding from that do they not? 

Are you a ‘council worker’ basically trying to shift blame onto local government because the councils are all so perfect & caring? 🤣

Like a hun blames SNP for everything bad about Scotland. 

Clearly a central ‘belter’ that’s been polluted by blatant bias 🙄

No, councils get a budget from the central government and then decide how that is distributed. I definitely dont work for the council but Im not naive to expect crumbling buildings to be maintained, old schools and old roads to be all shiny and new when there has been a reduction in budgets. People still want all the same services, with no increase to their council tax, yet councils like every other business has increased costs for maintenance etc. Probably not a convo for this thread, just making a point that this decision doesnt lay solely at the council's feet. 

For what is worth, I live in Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, S2RDS said:

No, councils get a budget from the central government and then decide how that is distributed. I definitely dont work for the council but Im not naive to expect crumbling buildings to be maintained, old schools and old roads to be all shiny and new when there has been a reduction in budgets. People still want all the same services, with no increase to their council tax, yet councils like every other business has increased costs for maintenance etc. Probably not a convo for this thread, just making a point that this decision doesnt lay solely at the council's feet. 

For what is worth, I live in Aberdeen. 

As someone cleverer than I am said:  
  You can’t have Scandinavian public services with American size taxes.

about sums it up.

• Upvote 2