Aberdeen vs Motherwell (postponed)

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Everything he says makes perfect sense (only thing I would change is making an 18 team league for 34 games) only ones that buy into this pish current set up of small league plus split is the cunts that buy into the Arse cheek narrative. 

18 team top league

12 team championship 

12 team 1st div 

It’s disappointing Aberdeen, hearts and hibs don’t push for the 18 team league. Imagine we had a side like around 2015-17 when we were hoovering up most teams and getting the odd result against the tims. Would stand a much better chance of a title charge if you aren’t playing Celtic & rangers 8 times. 

also I am bored as fuck of going to watch the same teams every week. Breath of fresh air when we get to play a Stirling or Clyde in the cup for something different 

• Upvote 4
57 minutes ago, ullevi said:

He admits himself he didn’t try hard enough when he was with us, it’s nothing to do with being badly handled, he had an attitude whilst in the youth team and the best thing that happened to him was being released by us and then it dawned on him he needed to be more professional. 

Talked to him at a urinal years ago

Can confirm, he was incredibly unprofessional 

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

So presumably everything is hunky dory in England which doesn't have the Snp?

I didnt say that did I?

The Tory shit show down there is open for everyone to see, and I have no doubt that has impacted what's happening here too. Truth is, complete under-investment and investments in failed projects over the last decade or so, have resulted in a tired, run down and dilapidated system which means without raising taxes significantly, will have lasting impacts. Why do folk get so uppity when someone badmouths the SNP... fuck me, I have voted for them my entire adulthood but now that will change. 

How folk can blame the council for todays postponement is hilarious though.

Change of subject, but apparently another storm heading in just in time for Saturday's fixtures, with some weather folk saying it is meant to be worse than today. We will be laying until July at this rate. 

• Dildo 1
7 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Have never understood why fitba is played in winter.

Shite for players, the pitches and the fans.

Apparently it dates back to when the game was formed, it was a game that the nigels could do when the weather wasn't suitable for cricket, a lot of football clubs started as affiliations if cricket clubs

7 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It’s disappointing Aberdeen, hearts and hibs don’t push for the 18 team league. Imagine we had a side like around 2015-17 when we were hoovering up most teams and getting the odd result against the tims. Would stand a much better chance of a title charge if you aren’t playing Celtic & rangers 8 times. 

also I am bored as fuck of going to watch the same teams every week. Breath of fresh air when we get to play a Stirling or Clyde in the cup for something different 

Exactly why those two cunts won't have it 

15 hours ago, Sheepo said:

They ram in ridiculous Midweek games in December to allow this pointless winter break then play 5 games in April and May when the weather is good you just cannot make it up. Tinpot league run by tinpot administrators 

The weather is shite in April and May as well.

2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Imagine the discussion at the SPFL ,

So, summer football what do you think, ? The thick as shit folk we milk every game , do the want it?

" Well they turn up every week in the winter, .

" Ok , until they decide to grip us up and force change( rolling about on floor laughing)  the stupid cunts will do as we say it's 

I agree that I’d prefer to try it.

The problem is, the season now runs for close to 11 months. 

At what point do you have the 4-6 week close season?

We’re currently living through what seems like a perennial monsoon just now, but that could happen anytime in Dec/Jan/Feb.

16 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

As someone cleverer than I am said:  
  You can’t have Scandinavian public services with American size taxes.

about sums it up.

If we ditched the free bus passes for youngsters and free prescriptions for under 60s it save fucking millions and millions. Solves alot of the problems but they don't have the balls to change it. I ken abody likes a free paracetamol but it's crazy the amount that saves, you sometimes have to think is it actually worth it now, same with supposed free education as it's only free if you make under a certain amount and alot of ten Scottish universities are all full of foreign folk paying (English mainly)

Alot of the SNP policy's have not moved we the times hence why they are loosing so many voters, it's nae just all about independence, as at the moment they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree that I’d prefer to try it.

The problem is, the season now runs for close to 11 months. 

At what point do you have the 4-6 week close season?

We’re currently living through what seems like a perennial monsoon just now, but that could happen anytime in Dec/Jan/Feb.

Nae sure about summer football, as Jan and Feb early March are normally worse than November December nowadays. Alot just shout as loud as they can  with thinking nowadays and blame someone else. 

14 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

I quite like winter football, or at least the football over the Christmas holidays. I'm not alone in this, as attendances are generally higher at this time of year.

They're lower, often considerably, than when it's a sunny game in the summer, and they're fucking miserable to attend.

Who knows why folk get misty eyed over them. 

17 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

I quite like winter football, or at least the football over the Christmas holidays. I'm not alone in this, as attendances are generally higher at this time of year.

Not wishing to rain on yer parade min, pardon the pun, but current weather forecast for Saturday is strong gusts and heavy rain, potentially worse than Wednesday past.

I would imagine that a few matches, including ours, could be cancelled come Saturday. 

Potentially how winters might go in the next few years. More wind and rain and less snow, unless on higher ground. 

The dinosaurs who run our game may, ultimately, be forced to make changes. 

1 minute ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

BBC say gusty winds and heavy rain.

Maybe not bad weather in say Shetland but bad enough for authorities to consider call offs in the Scottish Leagues.

Don't get me wrong I want the game on but..... 

Ok though my bbc weather app and met office says sunny most part of the morning & 28% chance of rain & 20mph winds abt 3 then later around 5 when the game will be finished says 40mph for a hour or 2.

Game will be on.

13 hours ago, S2RDS said:

I didnt say that did I?

The Tory shit show down there is open for everyone to see, and I have no doubt that has impacted what's happening here too. Truth is, complete under-investment and investments in failed projects over the last decade or so, have resulted in a tired, run down and dilapidated system which means without raising taxes significantly, will have lasting impacts. Why do folk get so uppity when someone badmouths the SNP... fuck me, I have voted for them my entire adulthood but now that will change. 

How folk can blame the council for todays postponement is hilarious though.

Change of subject, but apparently another storm heading in just in time for Saturday's fixtures, with some weather folk saying it is meant to be worse than today. We will be laying until July at this rate. 

You're the one that brought up slagging off how we do things in Scotland. It's not uppity to point out that things if anything are worse in England.

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

BBC say gusty winds and heavy rain.

Maybe not bad weather in say Shetland but bad enough for authorities to consider call offs in the Scottish Leagues.

Don't get me wrong I want the game on but..... 

I'd rather it were played, but if more shite weather on way and not enough time for fields surrounding roads and drains to drain and recover it could be just as bad as yesterday. Plod will be all over that with regards cancelling.