Aberdeen 0 - 3 St Mirren

34 minutes ago, slippers said:

This is why some of us shouted to get him to fuck months ago as he couldn’t be trusted with this run of easier fixtures. Now it’s too late. A complete joke of a club! What’s worse is some people on here advocated for him to get this run of games knowing fine it would probably end in disaster but we didn’t want to sack another manager…

This is the first result where I’m inclined to say that they should sack Robson now. Not because I was an advocate for Robson before but because I’m a realist and understand that the board needs to back their appointments to some degree. Before we had the excuse of playing in midweek and a few decent euro performances put some shine on the turd. There are no excuses anymore and no evidence of a turnaround. If anything we’re fortunate to have as many points as we do. 

39 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Disagree.

When played in a normal formation which actually suits the team they’ve looked ok. The manager instead uses tactics and formations that actually nullify every single player in the team, which is actually really impressive. 

Looked ok on the odd occasion does not make it a good squad.

Can blame the Manager for certain things but the players themselves have to take some responsibility. They've been terrible.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Basket case of a club due to being run by wage thiefs and charlatans. Cormack is the problem it's obvious. He's sourounded himself with yes men who don't have the experience in thier positions either. Shambles.

Cormack is here to stay, he is the man in charge and with the cheque book. I don’t know him but I feel for him, he is a committed dons fan I am sure. I do however agree that some of the back room staff are questionable appointments, Gunn for sure. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, slippers said:

I agree I think we need a few tweaks in jan but this squad is a lot better than it’s showing. The manager is the biggest problem. This squad should be fighting it out with Hearts for third for sure I have no doubts and I think a decent manager and a few players added like a LB and a DM and we could be cooking on gas. 

Absolutely this squad is better than what is showing even with european games we should be in the top 5 or 6.  If you look at Livingston's/St Johnston's squad for example our "2nd" string is better on paper than that how many teams outside the big 2 and maybe Hearts can say that? Its been Robson's choice not to use several players available to him and its his choice not to change his awful tactics.  As you say we need a couple of players but we should also try our best to keep Miovski until the summer, for me and many fans i think the final straw was the cup final, a one off game yet no shots on target or even shots at goal then he claims they were a great side

1 hour ago, The Lighthouse said:

Regardless of the result in Dingwall, he needs binned. Today was the culmination of utter shite since the start of the post-split matches last season - remind yourself of the 5 results.

This season, take your pick. There are a few matches where we looked entirely incapable and with no evidence of tactical nous.

For me, the end should have come after we shipped 6 goals at Parkhead. Totally unacceptable and probably the easiest game Celtic have had all season.

The unfortunate truth is that Aberdeen FC are becoming a true reflection of the city centre...tired, abject and in need of complete rebuilding. Sad to say, but Dundee have managed to claim 3rd city status and Tony Doc`s team will in all probability finish above us this season. As will Killie, Hibs, Hearts, St Mirren. 

If we end up in a relegation dogfight, I would be very concerned. To survive that you need fight and desire. If we had to enter the play-off I would not fancy us against the DABS or Raith.

The opening of Cormack Park was hailed as something to be proud of and long overdue. Unfortunately it has coincided with a complete collapse in the standard of football when compared to using public parks.

The club need to have a long hard look at how we are performing on every level. Has the new CEO made any difference? I`m struggling to see what impact he has made.

Barry is obviously out of his depth and the vast majority of fans (and pundits) can see this but will DC be prepared to own up to yet another disastrous appointment under his watch? If not then our proud record of having never been relegated will be under serious pressure.

Good post. Cormack park has been a red herring, nice looking place but whatever happens there has proved so far to be a complete embarrassment versus what McInnes suggested would be a major move forward for the club. Certainly be a major move but in the wrong direction.

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

See that popping up all the time about how good the squad is. It's by our Leagues standard an expensive squad but they've done nothing to justify being at all good.

The matches against PAOK, HJK Helsinki and Eintracht Frankfurt would suggest we do have capable players but our hoofball tactics are awful to watch.

I don't think the squad look capable of battling and scrapping for points which is a must in our piss poor league.

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

The matches against PAOK, HJK Helsinki and Eintracht Frankfurt would suggest we do have capable players but our hoofball tactics are awful to watch.

I don't think the squad look capable of battling and scrapping for points which is a must in our piss poor league.

Notably had different starting line ups than the one Robson typically goes for in the Scottish Premiership.

That was fucking brutal today! I stayed to the end, which was surprising! It’s been a long time since i was that angry leaving Pittodrie. No Aberdeen, ever should be losing 3 nil to st Mirren at home or away. Let’s be honest it should have been 4. 
pathetic all across the park! Just disgusting! The manager is a complete fud, granted, but the players were pathetic today! They don’t deserve the support they get, home and away. The boos and anger inside the ground are completely justified! Were shite and an embarrassment to this once great club. Not going to Ross County, but see no reason why we will get a result there.

we’re 9th in the league, which is utterly unacceptable! Fuck games in hand! By and large we haven’t won the games we’ve played, so why would they be any different.

make changes quickly, before it’s too late, which it may well be already! 

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

No, BR did not HAVE to get the job last season. That’s a theory by weak minded fans and equally weak minded chairman. He should have been thanked for his job well done and then a proper manager appointed

Ive never understood this nonsense about him HAVING to get the job permanently last season. Utter rubbish 

Spot on! Ironically, for BR, cos his jotters are inevitable, he would have been better off long term career wise, by not being offered the job and returning to his previous role with a few quid in his hip and a well done, but you need to continue to develop! 

Given that he was appointed though, there was no reason to be giving him a 2 year deal. He would have taken the job on a rolling 6 month contract. 

This will be the biggest job BR ever does and realistically, if he goes back into management, it will be with a small club, in a lower league, which is where he should have started. 

Get rid of Barry Robson bring in a hard nosed Scandanavian Manger kjetil Knutsen or bk Haken  manager Squad needs some players hunted  , hopefully go back in for tonic teklic , bring big pollock back on loan with option to buy get Danny Armstrong from Kilmarnock , Cormack get the cheque book out 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

If Robson cared about our club he’d do the decent thing and resign. It’s not happening now and it’s not going to happen. It might not get any worse than it is now but there are zero signs it will get better. Any decent manager would get a reaction from this squad, Robson can’t and never will

Agree with you but when was the last time any football manager resigned a job? Hardly ever see it now.

Still processing just how bad that was yesterday...

Lost count of number of times we passed forward to wing back, wing back turned back and played it back to defender or Clarkson and it was then played long towards noone in particular. Absolutely brutal to watch and totally ineffective. The big black guy at the back for St Mirren ate up the long balls all day, stroll in the park for him despite being up against two of the best strikers in the league.

Clarkson basically playing as a fourth central defender most of the time, he was so deep. No movement in the midfield ahead of him to play the ball through the middle - always side ways to wing back as above, then back to him, then punt forward. So predictable, so painful to watch, so easy to defend against. The game was crying out for someone like Connor Barron to come on and zip the ball about quicker and inject a bit of urgency in passing forward. Instead we got pointless subs like Milne on for Devlin and Hayes on for whoever it was he replaced. 

Gartenman looks worse with every game - he gets beaten so easily by anyone running straight at him. Shinnie looked slow and out of steam after about 5 minutes. Duk looked like he was just fed up with the ball getting shelled forward aimlessly.

The goals we lost were so bad as well. Players looked demoralised with no fight in them.

Another thing - the warm up at the start... what a shambles that is. Looks like everyone just finds a mate or two and does whatever they like for 10 minutes before they go to do their running drills.

3 nil loss at home to St Mirren is desperate. Should have been 4 nil. We couldn't have complained if it was. St Mirren looked much more comfortable on the ball, played better football, and were much more solid defensively. That's totally embarrassing.

• Upvote 2