Aberdeen 1 - 1 Celtic

2 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

I thought Polvara was our best player first half - ok that's not saying a lot. And I thought he was our best player second half amongst a lot of strong perfomances. His retention of the ball and nicking the odd ball was really good. And of course his composure for the pass. He is really developing.

Agree with that.

That first half he was the only guy looking to spend time on the ball and actually create something. 

Multiple very good through balls, and of course the pass for Mio. Though Mio did incredible work for that goal.

Easily our two best players today.

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

No, that's a very reasonable summary.

However, regardless of the greater money he may or may not get salary-wise from potential suitors in the top leagues of Europe, they may not be in a position to offer him European competition (if we reach there again next season). 

Furthermore, this is a lad that truly loves playing for AFC, something what money can't buy (Copyright of Alfredo di Stefano). You can see that in his workrate, energy, body language, and enthusiasm, game in, game out.

Think you are over estimating how much lower level Europe means to players. McLean and Shinnie left for championship teams instead of chasing Europe.

If he gets offered a top league that is much better than europes 3rd competition. Which we probably wont get close to anyway 

this is a lad who is enjoying playing well and is looking forward to his move away! He deserves it too. Shame we are shite while he’s in this form 

That push on Gartenman in the box at 1-0 is 100% a penalty given at other end or to Sevco if against them. 
Also a joke that their goal was chopped off for offside when he practically caught the ball running through onto it, blatantly controls ball with BOTH fkn arms. So goal should have been chopped off for handball not fkn offside as that was the first infringement. So if he hadn’t been offside tbe goal would have actually stood as they ignored the handball. 
As for that cunt ref ignoring the second yellow & Fkn booking McGrath & fkn Miovski. Absolute cock womble 🤬 ridiculously bad first half but definitely done enough to win it it second half, if ref had been neutral

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That push on Gartenman in the box at 1-0 is 100% a penalty given at other end or to Sevco if against them. 
Also a joke that their goal was chopped off for offside when he practically caught the ball running through onto it, blatantly controls ball with BOTH fkn arms. So goal should have been chopped off for handball not fkn offside as that was the first infringement. So if he hadn’t been offside tbe goal would have actually stood as they ignored the handball. 
As for that cunt ref ignoring the second yellow & Fkn booking McGrath & fkn Miovski. Absolute cock womble 🤬 ridiculously bad first half but definitely done enough to win it it second half, if ref had been neutral

Did they even bother looking at the Gartenmann push? There’s no doubt the entire game was influenced by the lack of the referee not giving a second yellow. An appalling decision yet seen it so many times. 

What was evident today though I think is the huge gulf in ability between Postecoglu and Rodger’s. Celtic had no apparent style or many ideas. They just look like a load of expensive players playing without a proper game plan other than score more goals.

I really do not want the Huns to win another league title but no confidence Rodger’s is going to stop it.

33 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Think you are over estimating how much lower level Europe means to players. McLean and Shinnie left for championship teams instead of chasing Europe.

If he gets offered a top league that is much better than europes 3rd competition. Which we probably wont get close to anyway 

this is a lad who is enjoying playing well and is looking forward to his move away! He deserves it too. Shame we are shite while he’s in this form 

Perhaps I am min, but I just feel Miovski is so grateful for being given this opportunity at AFC (remember, he arguably could have been playing in Hungarian NB 2 if we never bought him) that he'll stay longer than some supporters envisage.

I may be wrong but I'll be bloody delighted to be proven right.👍🤞

36 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Did they even bother looking at the Gartenmann push? There’s no doubt the entire game was influenced by the lack of the referee not giving a second yellow. An appalling decision yet seen it so many times. 

Sky reran the incident once VAR had ruled it out but very noticeably stopped before the rebound came back in, looking like it struck an arm on the process.  That bit was never mentioned.

First half we were really bad sat off them and should have been behind. 2nd half we were by far the better team and Shinnie really should have won the game for us. It shows if you sit in you will be pumped 9 times out of 10. Have a go and anything can happen

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What was evident today though I think is the huge gulf in ability between Postecoglu and Rodger’s. Celtic had no apparent style or many ideas. They just look like a load of expensive players playing without a proper game plan other than score more goals.

I really do not want the Huns to win another league title but no confidence Rodger’s is going to stop it.

Celtic made a huge mistake going back for Rodgers. He was always going to struggle to emulate his previous successes, especially since the huns are now miles ahead of where they were for those 3 seasons he was last in charge. The fans werent convinced and im not sure the players buy into it either. They will get results because they have a good set of players, but tactically they are shite. That Belgian prick has the huns playing decent football as well, so I wouldnt be surprised if they pip them to the title. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Perhaps I am min, but I just feel Miovski is so grateful for being given this opportunity at AFC (remember, he arguably could have been playing in Hungarian NB 2 if we never bought him) that he'll stay longer than some supporters envisage.

I may be wrong but I'll be bloody delighted to be proven right.👍🤞

He likes it here, but he will be off in summer unfortunately ( I'd bet money on it) but I think every AFC fan will wish him well when he does leave.

7 hours ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I think I'll cry for a few days when Miovski leaves probably this summer 

When the bids come in-and they will-we must be steadfast.Bojan can play in any league in the world.He's a machine.Forget the 4m septic have been talking about trying to get him for.Tgey got Brown for 4m 20 years ago ffs.

We must tell the vultures it's 10m and a 25% sell on.10m for the bigger euro clubs is nothing for a red hot in demand striker who plays outstanding near every game.

Look at Lewis.There's talk of a 30m bid this summer for him from juve or inter.

We must realise the value of our asset and not give him away for peanuts.

We may not see a striker of his calibre at our beloved club for a long time so it's imperative we get the best deal possible.

• Upvote 2

2nd half Celtic thought they would hump us.

Played a high pressing game and were exposed at the back.

We were far the better team and should've won the game by 2 goals at least.

Shinnie's diabolical miss (maybe should've left it for Miovski) and that penalty which VAR never even bothered checking (utter disgrace ffs!).

I would go as far to say we outclassed Celtic. We were superb 2bd half.

It was actually a very good game to watch which I haven't thought for a while whilst watching the dons.

Well done lads!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, S2RDS said:

Celtic made a huge mistake going back for Rodgers. He was always going to struggle to emulate his previous successes, especially since the huns are now miles ahead of where they were for those 3 seasons he was last in charge. The fans werent convinced and im not sure the players buy into it either. They will get results because they have a good set of players, but tactically they are shite. That Belgian prick has the huns playing decent football as well, so I wouldnt be surprised if they pip them to the title. 

It certainly feels like Rodgers is going through the motions this time, rather than being at the top of his game. A bit like McInnes, he must realise his shot at the very top has passed him by.

36 minutes ago, G31DON said:

It certainly feels like Rodgers is going through the motions this time, rather than being at the top of his game. A bit like McInnes, he must realise his shot at the very top has passed him by.

I don't think so. I think he's trying to play his style of fitba with a Postecoglou squad. 

People caning the Celtic fans for being irritated but they've millions in the bank, and their board are a bunch of cheapskates 😂 

With the financial disparity that they've managed to create by qualifying for the CL consistently enough, and with their transfer fees received, they should be romping the league at a canter. 

The fact they aren't is a lack of ambition from their board. 

Got us a point today, so no complaints, but I get where they are coming from. 

11 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s weird that people still post this like it’s a shock and even weirder people upvote it 🤷🏻‍♂️

If only we had the hundreds of millions that Celtic have available 

You have completely missed the point - no other team in Scotland performs consistently as badly as Aberdeen do against them.

Why is that?