Aberdeen 1 - 1 Celtic

1 hour ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Proud of that 2nd half. Fight,closing down,at them and a cracker of a goal! Could've won it,nae danger. Onwards

that was my feeling too , proud of the team in the second half the way they got stuck in . Hopefully that's the blueprint for the rest of the season 

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Enjoyed that second half. Rode our luck at times but equally could have had another goal or two ourselves. 

I dislike Kris Boyd and Chris Sutton.

What were they saying in the Sky booth?

Aberdeen have taken more points off Sellic this season than Sevco, so which team lie down to them?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Polvara needs to do a lot of stamina work in the close season. I think he's a good player with the potential to be a lot more no matter what some of you moaners think BUT he needs to be able to last a game and not run out of puff after 60minutes.

It's not like he runs about that much, we were hardly out of our own half first half.  The only thing he did today was the pass, otherwise annonymous.

17 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Winning the SC and qualifying for European competition again may sway him to stay with us for at least another season min.

A tall order, granted, but achievable.👍🤞

Just depends who comes calling. You aren’t going to turn down serie a or English prem to have another crack at helsinki

20 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

What were they saying in the Sky booth?

Aberdeen have taken more points off Sellic this season than Sevco, so which team lie down to them?

To be honest it wasn't the worst they have been in terms of dominating the agenda with old firm nonsense, but just fed up with their 'analysis'.  Kris Boyd in particular is hard to listen to. 

19 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep, stinking decision

Mcgrath should have got one too for diving

Have just seen the picture from Sky of the disallowed Celtic goal. Two Celtic players at least a yard offside. How could the linesman not see that as offside and how did it take 3 minutes to make the decision?

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Just depends who comes calling. You aren’t going to turn down serie a or English prem to have another crack at helsinki

No, that's a very reasonable summary.

However, regardless of the greater money he may or may not get salary-wise from potential suitors in the top leagues of Europe, they may not be in a position to offer him European competition (if we reach there again next season). 

Furthermore, this is a lad that truly loves playing for AFC, something what money can't buy (Copyright of Alfredo di Stefano). You can see that in his workrate, energy, body language, and enthusiasm, game in, game out.

8 minutes ago, G man said:

Have just seen the picture from Sky of the disallowed Celtic goal. Two Celtic players at least a yard offside. How could the linesman not see that as offside and how did it take 3 minutes to make the decision?

Haven seen it myself yet but from the radio the query was if the goalkeeper parrying it created a second phase.  In fairness even God didn’t know the answer.

i still say the Polvara(?) push for the cross quickly followed by the block (shout for handball) in the second half much greater debate.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He was good in the 2nd half.

That’s a few assists he’s had this season too.

1 hour ago, We Don't Need Eusabio said:

No, he hooked him with 20 minutes left

I thought Polvara was our best player first half - ok that's not saying a lot. And I thought he was our best player second half amongst a lot of strong perfomances. His retention of the ball and nicking the odd ball was really good. And of course his composure for the pass. He is really developing.

• Upvote 3