Aberdeen 1 - 1 Celtic

A game of 2 halves.

Pitiful in the 1st, but as good as we’ve played against Celtic in a long long time in the 2nd.

Thought MacKenzie was good through both halves, and it was good to see Shinnie looking like his old self in the 2nd as well. Miovski’s goal was lovely as well.

The latest in a long line of examples that setting up solely to try and contain Celtic just isn’t the way to go

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

A game of 2 halves.

Pitiful in the 1st, but as good as we’ve played against Celtic in a long long time in the 2nd.

Thought MacKenzie was good through both halves, and it was good to see Shinnie looking like his old self in the 2nd as well. Miovski’s goal was lovely as well.

The latest in a long line of examples that setting up solely to try and contain Celtic just isn’t the way to go

You have to contain to an extent. There's no way this team could have played like that for 90 mins unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, pittodriepie83 said:

That’s a yellow if he didn’t already have one, ref shat it. 

It’s Steven McLean.

He’s always been weak & a coward.

Was quick to give a cowards yellow cards to McGrath & also to Miovski, for having the temerity to ask why the Tim didn’t get a 2nd yellow.

I’ve always hated the cunt ever since he robbed us of 3rd when Langfield was rag dolled by John Sutton.  

• Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

A game of 2 halves.

Agree 100%

Playing like we did in the 2nd half is the only way you have a chance to get a result against them.

It won’t work most of the time. 
It will work from time to time. 

The Goodwin/Robson way will never work. 

Decent buzz for the first time in a home game this season. 

Crowd were superb and the players worked hard and deservedly got something out of it. 

I thought we had them on the ropes between the two goals. If Shinnie had scored his chance we would have won that game. Less said about the defending for their goal the better but at least they didn't let it affect them too much. 

Barron and Miovski superb. Thought Barron was motm. 

Let's get into the Huns. 

• Upvote 5
58 minutes ago, Jazzer08 said:

I still think Polvara has something. He has a great eye for a pass. If he could just find a bit more aggression from somewhere we'd have a great player.

As everyone has said great second half.

Robsonball proven as expected to be stifling a decent squad.

Need to keep this up now. Nothing to be afraid of in this league.

In the Kings Bar enjoying a post match pint and its the first time in a long time I've come away from a game against that lot up here where I've felt disappointed not to have gotten the win. Two great chances spurned. 

First half was a slog, but the second half was really good and shows that there is a team there. Same again on Tuesday please.

• Upvote 1

Totally unacceptable performance in the first half. Absolutely no excuse for playing that way against any Scottish team. 

Highlighted in the second half with our transformation. Fair play to Leven if it was as a result of his half-time talk. Disappointing not to win in the end. 

Now need to go into the Sevco game with the same mindset and approach. 

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Decent buzz for the first time in a home game this season. 

Crowd were superb and the players worked hard and deservedly got something out of it. 

I thought we had them on the ropes between the two goals. If Shinnie had scored his chance we would have won that game. Less said about the defending for their goal the better but at least they didn't let it affect them too much. 

Barron and Miovski superb. Thought Barron was motm. 

Let's get into the Huns. 

Spot on.  
Barron, Shinnie, Miovski and Mackenzie were the standouts. 

Not convinced by Roos. He’s a flapper. Sadly Duk was a total liability when he came on. I would have sold him a few days ago and gone for Armstrong at Killie. 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Waycross Don said:

Yeah the scene is set for Warnock to breeze into town, pick up the baton of good feeling, get everyone buzzing, get the media eating out the palm of his hand; clubs profile woud soar..

Please make it happen board.

Last thing anyone wants is the Sardonic weagie Lennon.

Lennon's not a weedge, he is a wee ginger prick though. 

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s the best striker we’ve had since Hans Gilhaus.

Club record fee incoming in the summer, but fuck knows how we replace him, as he’s a once in a generation level striker for us. 

As I say, best in 30 years I’d say

Agree. 

Given we usually ratchet up a player’s ability after they leave can you imagine how good Miovski is going to look in 2026. 

Game of 2 halves. 

First we were a shambles frankly - yard off the pace, couldn't pass or keep possession, disorganised, non existent in attack.  Somehow kept it at 0-0.

Second we grew in confidence and could easily scored more.  Barron, Shinnie, Polvara, MacKenzie, Miovski were all excellent in the 2nd half.  Phillips put in some shift and improved as the match went on.

Still lacking some options on the wing - but hey that is what it is for now.  Just nice to avoid defeat to those tinks for a change. 

11 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Only disappointing thing about today was McLean shiting the bed and failing to send off the Celtic player for a blatant second yellow card then had the audacity to book Miovski for questioning it.

Pathetic.

Nah, them equalising was far more disappointing.