8 minutes ago, thurso said:

The squad isn’t the problem. With the players we have and with a competent manager we should be able to field a team that’s capable of beating most teams in this league especially shite like st Johnston 

Players have absolutely chucked it save a couple of them. 

Offer them all a considerable bonus if they stay up. 

They may not give a flying fuck about the club, but if they can walk away 6 figures richer then maybe we'll see just enough effort to stave off relegation for another season. 

Then... new manager and rebuild. 

Again. 

42 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Warnock is a dick who seemed to be completely oblivious to the challenge he was taking on here.  Just thought it would be a jolly, no-lose situation.  

He should fuck off. 

The board need to have a long hard look at who is making these decisions and then get them the fuck out of the club, or take a back seat (if it is our esteemed owner who has overseen continual decline since he took the reigns).

Is it not clear who is making these decisions?

15 minutes ago, thurso said:

The squad isn’t the problem. With the players we have and with a competent manager we should be able to field a team that’s capable of beating most teams in this league especially shite like st Johnston 

The squad between them has let down Robson, Goodwin and now Warnock when a guy that’s managed as long as Warnock says the defence is crap  and there is no mean streak in the team  he isn’t talking like he juat started managing , that’s experience ,we have only have only played well the big games the rest we have played like we did yesterday so for me it’s the players plain and simple 

• Confused 1
29 minutes ago, thurso said:

How can you say the squad isn’t the problem, they’re the ones putting in shite performances on a constant basis.
So who’s this competent manager that’s some how going to get a performance out of those lot and why can’t a manager with well over 1500 matches as a manager get a tune out of this embarrassment. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
29 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

The squad between them has let down Robson, Goodwin and now Warnock when a guy that’s managed as long as Warnock says the defence is crap  and there is no mean streak in the team  he isn’t talking like he juat started managing , that’s experience ,we have only have only played well the big games the rest we have played like we did yesterday so for me it’s the players plain and simple 

But what use is continually saying that the defence isn't good enough and there's nothing he can do about it? How does that improve our situation?

He's done a Derek Adams and flattened what little confidence there was in the squad.

We're such a basket case right now, I don't know which reputable manager would want to touch us. That's even if Warnock doesn't walk or get pushed early. 

We're going to get someone who failed elsewhere and is out of a job, or someone with no reputation looking to make one or one of the usual suspects. ie: the dregs and more hopefuls.

3 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

We're such a basket case right now, I don't know which reputable manager would want to touch us. That's even if Warnock doesn't walk or get pushed early. 

We're going to get someone who failed elsewhere and is out of a job, or someone with no reputation looking to make one or one of the usual suspects. ie: the dregs and more hopefuls.

Shite.

Managers have massive egos, we are a huge club. They’ll all want to be seen as the cunt who saved the day.

1 hour ago, Hoofball said:

5k per week wouldn’t be enough with the threat of relegation hanging over this team, no decent manager would want the job if it means their CV it blotted with the first relegation in history of Aberdeen football club. You end up with a bunch of mentalists and managers nowhere near the standard required firing in their CV’s in the hope of a large payday at AFC’s expense 

I think most managers will be sacked numerous times in their careers and the ones that won’t couldn’t point out Aberdeen on a map. They get changed every couple of years. Like i phones. 

1 hour ago, Hoofball said:

How can you say the squad isn’t the problem, they’re the ones putting in shite performances on a constant basis.
So who’s this competent manager that’s some how going to get a performance out of those lot and why can’t a manager with well over 1500 matches as a manager get a tune out of this embarrassment. 

A lot is down to modern footballers being overpaid and mollycoddled with inflated opinions of their own abilities.

• Upvote 1

The biggest risk with Warnock was always that he would speak his mind and not care about the consequences. 

The players are firmly in the spotlight though for me. Last night was a new low in terms of effort. That's on them, especially after Warnock publicly saying he wanted more effort and aggression. 

1 hour ago, McginnAgain said:

But what use is continually saying that the defence isn't good enough and there's nothing he can do about it? How does that improve our situation?

He's done a Derek Adams and flattened what little confidence there was in the squad.

Got to agree with this - he has hypnotised them into believing they have a problem - once you believe it you've got a real problem. He needed to say it was just the odd silly mistake but they were a good squad. You could see Jensen, Garteman and McDonald looked terrified last night. Compare that to European performances where they looked good. 

Of course we've got a problem but this smacks of Alex Miller turning up on day one and saying people tell me you're good players but I dont see it. The rest is history.

26 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Got to agree with this - he has hypnotised them into believing they have a problem - once you believe it you've got a real problem. He needed to say it was just the odd silly mistake but they were a good squad. You could see Jensen, Garteman and McDonald looked terrified last night. Compare that to European performances where they looked good. 

Of course we've got a problem but this smacks of Alex Miller turning up on day one and saying people tell me you're good players but I dont see it. The rest is history.

Hypnotised them.??????   The way most of them have been prancing around most of the season, it’s LSD they are on. And the suppliers ??????  The management. 

3 hours ago, RDS said:

Lot of focus on Warnock but would imagine Jepson would be more heavily involved on training pitch with Leven 

For some strange reason Samson seems more involved than Leven. Samson should concentrate on getting Roos to be able to do more than kick balls straight into the main stand.!!

1 hour ago, Stoneybloke said:

A lot is down to modern footballers being overpaid and mollycoddled with inflated opinions of their own abilities.

That could well be the case but I think it’s more about a shite, weak mentality coupled with a large amount of poor players that is causing the problems at Aberdeen

4 hours ago, Baaaaa heid said:

It’s mostly not the same squad that played for Goodwin. 

4 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Well when the squad was playing for Robson loads on here said Robson was the problem. I think we generally have decent players just played wrong.
There are very few players in teams like Motherwell, st mirren, st Johnston or the like I’d rather have in our team instead of the players we have. Those teams have the odd player but not the whole squad. They are performing poorly because the manager is poor and giving them the wrong tactics. 

What does the amount of games Warnock have to do with it the English managerial merry go round people keep getting jobs for no reason, god and Tom English were right about him last night 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, thurso said:

Well when the squad was playing for Robson loads on here said Robson was the problem. I think we generally have decent players just played wrong.
There are very few players in teams like Motherwell, st mirren, st Johnston or the like I’d rather have in our team instead of the players we have. Those teams have the odd player but not the whole squad. They are performing poorly because the manager is poor and giving them the wrong tactics. 

Doing the basics has nothing to do with tactics. 

They shouldn't need a manager to tell them to close players down, track runners, show for the ball and head the ball forwards instead of up in the air. That's stuff that you learn when you're a kid and a basic requirement if you're going to compete in a game. 

• Upvote 3

Where's all the "Warnock won't take any shite in the dressing room, he'll put a rocket up them" posters now? You know who you are.

Fucking nonsense that anyone believed a 75 year old Neil Warnock was going to come up here and tear it up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Where's all the "Warnock won't take any shite in the dressing room, he'll put a rocket up them" posters now? You know who you are.

Fucking nonsense that anyone believed a 75 year old Neil Warnock was going to come up here and tear it up.

In hindsight, yeah. 

But we were so miserable, and thought it couldn't get any worse. 

Oh, could it.

Listened to the Sportsound podcast and finally caught Warnock's BBC interview as well as Willie Miller & Tom English comments.

As far as the interview went, he shouldn't have made the remark about us not winning another game. It's similar to what i said on here last night, but i'm an idiot on the internet who's taken his name & avatar from a 70s cartoon, he's the manager of Aberdeen. He can't be putting that message out there.

But the bit that really worried me was right at the end of the interview when he said it wasn't the Board missing chances and the goals being conceded weren't down to his coaching. He may be correct, but he was wrong to say it and i suspect it betrays a closeness between himself & Cormack/Burrows and a gulf between himself and the players. Warnock needs to repair and develop his relationship with them and fast.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Dunty said:

He’s doing a similar thing to what Adams did at Ross County.

It looks obvious that the players have chucked it & Warnock’s constant throwing people under a bus is having a detrimental effect. 
Does that ever work?

The longer he’s here the worse it will get

Well done the Board, you have truly fucked it. 

• Upvote 3
34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Doing the basics has nothing to do with tactics. 

They shouldn't need a manager to tell them to close players down, track runners, show for the ball and head the ball forwards instead of up in the air. That's stuff that you learn when you're a kid and a basic requirement if you're going to compete in a game. 

You would think that’s a basic requirement but many professional footballers can’t do those simple things. 
Give a team a shit game plan and tactics and it doesn’t matter how good they are it all goes wrong. 

2 hours ago, thurso said:

What does the amount of games Warnock have to do with it the English managerial merry go round people keep getting jobs for no reason, god and Tom English were right about him last night 

Have you seen the embarrassing bad mistakes that are made in every single match by multiple Aberdeen players that lead directly to goals for the opposition. That isn’t tactics that shite players and on the subject of what you think, you also think Eoin Jess and Dean Windass were both comparable to Ramadani which tell me you know absolutely fuck all.

What does that have to do with anything, a significant amount, there’s no chance in hell a shite manager would have over 1500 games in charge under his belt including in the EPL, you’re speaking shite