Cormack Thread

Cormack is a good man and astute. I have no doubt he will be good. Would have been great to have had him earlier but he had personal issues with which I won’t go into but this will be brilliant for Aberdeen.

You don’t go from working in Aberdeen to making the sort of money he has without business acumen and he is well connected.

Just remembering the now that richard gordon mentioning key personnel at the club will be changing. The comment was in addition to a couple of the Board will be moving on.

Perhaps adds fuel to the rumour Duncan Fraser is being ousted

Fraser is a fucking disgrace. On the spfl board that bends over backwards for the two arse cheeks. Cunt loves rimming them.

Cormack is a good man and astute. I have no doubt he will be good. Would have been great to have had him earlier but he had personal issues with which I won’t go into but this will be brilliant for Aberdeen.

You don’t go from working in Aberdeen to making the sort of money he has without business acumen and he is well connected.

Aye give it 4 years and we will be moaning about getting Cormack out as we have nae progressed as we had initially hoped and will be wondering where all the promised cash has gone. Some posters actively going round to Milnes hoose asking him to come back.

At the same time we will be looking at Mcinnes consolidating Hearts position as the best of the rest and wondering why we let him go only to replace him with serial failure Yogi Hughes.

What a time to be alive

• Downvote 3

Or it's pure luck and he's a dick

• Downvote 1

Fraser is a fucking disgrace. On the spfl board that bends over backwards for the two arse cheeks. Cunt loves rimming them.

I’ve never met the man and my source is one of the online bloggers you guys love to write off. But there is a set of minutes floating around after the Lord Nimmo Smith inquiry (the infamous imperfectly registered hun players one) where Duncan Fraser is the only one who queries (I paraphrase) “Surely to fuck we’ll never get away with that” prior to release.

Well you could check on companies house if you really want, but I would imagine a lot of his assets are not declared as are most folks are. @corbyn

He is a good man believe me, him and Larry Kinch h went across there and made a fortune separately.

Not necessarily reliable but Scottish Financial News reported :

"A former chief executive of Aberdeen Football Club has sold his stake in a US- based software company for £567 million.

Dave Cormack, who was briefly the Dons’ chief executive in 2000, is part of a management team which sold a 30 per cent stake of Atlanta-based Brightree.

The rest was owned by Battery Ventures, a Boston-based private equity firm, which has led the sale of Brightree to American medical device company ResMed."

Now this says the HE, sold HIS stake for £567 million, so that suggests to me that was his share.  It does slightly muddy the waters by saying management team sold 30%...but if even a round a third of that is his then he is comfortably worth 200million I reckon.

Depends on his personal views, but if I personally had 200million, I would happily fire 50mill into the club.  If he pocketed the whole 567, then he could comfortably afford to indulge the childhood fantasy of taking AFC back to the top.

That kind of money and contacts is also the sort of thing that can influence at the decision making levels of Scottish football and get a better TV deal, US marketing and fan base etc etc.