Cormack Thread

Training facilities seemed important. I didnt get the new stadium when they need every penny (American club afterall) for wages.

Hope all you foreigners continue to support this American club. I'll bring my flag to stake in the pitch. Hope to see scouting outside of the uk now too.

It's the American way afterall.

I'll mail a CD or something with our National Anthem. No kneeling. This aint the NFL lol. Yankee out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I expected that to have a kelt edit

Nah, min... here's the Kelt edit. A magnificent collage, nay PASTICHE, of all the things that make our club and the United States the greatest country and football club on the planet. 

...and can I be the first to welcome our new American overlords!

• Upvote 6

The thing American sport executives do better than anybody is generate marketing and ad revenue. I would expect some bigger sponsorship and advertising deals with American owners.

If rumors are true about the Atlanta United guy, that is terrific imo. A few years ago Atlanta United didn’t have a football club. What did they average this year, 50k attendance per game? I believe they set the MLS attendance record. and have won a league title? Atlanta is an American football town, to build that in that city is very impressive.

Mls is surpassing Scottish football, mainly because they do fantastic is ad revenue and marketing, drawing large crowds in niche markets. Almost every MLS team has a new stadium that does very well, so I’d be really encouraged about them taking that model to Aberdeen

The thing American sport executives do better than anybody is generate marketing and ad revenue. I would expect some bigger sponsorship and advertising deals with American owners.

If rumors are true about the Atlanta United guy, that is terrific imo. A few years ago Atlanta United didn’t have a football club. What did they average this year, 50k attendance per game? I believe they set the MLS attendance record. and have won a league title? Atlanta is an American football town, to build that in that city is very impressive.

Mls is surpassing Scottish football, mainly because they do fantastic is ad revenue and marketing, drawing large crowds in niche markets. Almost every MLS team has a new stadium that does very well, so I’d be really encouraged about them taking that model to Aberdeen

They also target talent in latin america... an say scotland in sporting kc's case. Americans just want talent on our club.

They also target talent in latin america... an say scotland in sporting kc's case. Americans just want talent on our club.

Well hopefully not more Gallaghers... I’m more interested in the business side of the American soccer model, and how we can mirror that. The mls clubs have proven a strange model yet successful model , where you build buzz around the club through new stadiums, local marketing, etc, to get the fan base excited, making for a good atmosphere.. then that buzz and atmosphere brings the better players. Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, all used that model. Instead of using players signings to build excitement and larger crowds - building grassroots campaigns to build the crowds first, and use that to recruit players. Interesting model

I'd expect a regime change in the coaching side the yank model would involve a DOF or sporting director then a first team coach.

Hun dmc has had his own way on that front for too long so can see that going down like a calf scour milkshake.

Also the timing just ahead of the agm and the festive fixtures that are traditionally big crowds

• Downvote 2

I've got a pair of season tickets in the hipper but not actually been to a game in ages, new regime and someone in charge other than Milne and i'll return, mediocrity has worn me down, cup win now and again, having a real go against the tax cheats, I don't want a lot.

I don't think Cormack is involved for the blazer, he could shack up at home and have a great life without getting involved with our dire city, just may be the real deal.

I’ve never thought Cormack came back here to make up the numbers. Neither do I think he’ll ever be happy with Aberdeen being ‘also rans’. Will wait and see what develops, but definitely cautiously excited.

What exactly is/was his role at the club?

I don't mean title, I mean what does he actually DO?

Tell funny stories to match sponsor groups at champagne receptions in the Pittodrie boardroom.

Think that's aboot it.

Stadium looks mental.

20170916_atlutd_orlandocity_kh-175-1.jpg

Apologies if my last post was a tad negative. It’s the dour “I’ll believe it when I see it” Aberdonian in me.

What does excite me more than any £££ is the changing of the guard. New fresh blood in the boardroom replacing the dinosaurs currently in place. As a few mentioned above yanks certainly know how to market a product. And certainly not afraid to kick arses if the product is dire. Will be very interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Nah, min... here's the Kelt edit. A magnificent collage, nay PASTICHE, of all the things that make our club and the United States the greatest country and football club on the planet. 

...and can I be the first to welcome our new American overlords!

Well I enjoyed that, especially the spaceman punching the alien.  Oh, and the two huns fighting  :happy:

• Upvote 3