Cormack Thread

Scraping the barrel there, the gutter west coast press!

Hetherston runs a pub now does he not?  I'd wager he's completely out of touch with football.  He keeps on repeating that Glass could never be a manager, because he's 'too nice' and 'doesn't have it in him to lose his temper'.... because that's obviously an essential requirement for managers in the modern game.

An aborted fetus of an article that - even by the Daily Record's standards.

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Peter Hetherston ??

West coast media article or not Hetherston is 100% correct.

As this sorry farce continues there will be more and more such articles.

I reckon that Glass will ultimately resign but that will not get Cormack off the hook.

He has dug himself into a hole so big it is doubtful he will ever get out of it, certainly in the thoughts of the circle of Dons fans I speak to.

51 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I would want full control over who I wanted to sign. Would instantly be ruled out. You however do come across as someone who would fit the criteria. Good luck to you….I will support you through our relegation battle.

Unfortunately I’d fail on your “desperado” requirement. Hence why I thought you’d be a shoe-in

4 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

West coast media article or not Hetherston is 100% correct.

As this sorry farce continues there will be more and more such articles.

I reckon that Glass will ultimately resign but that will not get Cormack off the hook.

He has dug himself into a hole so big it is doubtful he will ever get out of it, certainly in the thoughts of the circle of Dons fans I speak to.

He says he doesn't know Glass and hasn't spoken to him in years, then goes on to tell us all about what Glass is like, his character and his ability to be "ruthless" (which Glass has already proven by making quite a few big decisions). 

It's laughable nonsense man. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He says he doesn't know Glass and hasn't spoken to him in years, then goes on to tell us all about what Glass is like, his character and his ability to be "ruthless" (which Glass has already proven by making quite a few big decisions). 

The glass stuff is nonsense...He's not wrong about cormack though. 

41 minutes ago, thurso said:

I won’t read the article as it’s the daily record and he was a pretty crap player 

Won a league cup with us. Even though in the early to mid 80s we were hoovering up trophies for fun, it's still a fairly selective set that have actually achieved this.  Had a bad time with injuries which hampered him

He was anything but crap. I'd have him over every single one of our midfielders we have available now with the exception of Brown

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yer in denial min.

Regardless of your opinions on Hetherston the general points are correct.

Glass is not ruthless, he's useless.

Some of the so called big decisions he has made are acts of a man desperate to find a winning formula. He wouldn't be so desperate if he had proven experience or had someone beside him with proven experience.

However it isn't really Glass who should have the real anger pointed at him it's Cormack who has the real questions to answer for this mess.

Bet the next Q&A session will be the usual farce with Cormack not having to face searching questions about his totally inept appointment of Glass in the first place.

We are becoming a laughing stock following Cormack's appearance on Sportsound and I reckon that there is more fans than you would care to admit totally disillusioned with the state of affairs.

Yes three points on Saturday would be a chance to change the current landscape but a Hibs side with their arses kicked from last Saturday may be a tall order to overcome, especially if Boyle has a free reign to run behind our fullbacks.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Won a league cup with us. Even though in the early to mid 80s we were hoovering up trophies for fun, it's still a fairly selective set that have actually achieved this.  Had a bad time with injuries which hampered him

He was anything but crap. I'd have him over every single one of our midfielders we have available now with the exception of Brown

Ok I’ll take your word for it but from what I remember he was injured a lot and when he did play he was crap. 

Yo say you would have him before Lewis Ferguson is but of a joke tho 

7 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Yer in denial min.

About what? 

His points about Glass are nonsense. 

Stripping Lewis of the captaincy & then dropping him isn't ruthless? 

Some of the so called big decisions he has made are acts of a man desperate to find a winning formula. He wouldn't be so desperate if he had proven experience or had someone beside him with proven experience.

So nothing to do with being "ruthless" or not "ruthless". 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

if folk take off their red specs & ditch the paranoia, he gets most of it right & a lot of what he said has been said in here by many people. 

No red specs or paranoia here I want glass gone. It’s a stretch calling that useless cunt a star though. The daily record can get clean to fuck as well

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

About what? 

His points about Glass are nonsense. 

Stripping Lewis of the captaincy & then dropping him isn't ruthless? 

So nothing to do with being "ruthless" or not "ruthless". 

So you would rather spend time playing with words and whether Glass is ruthless or not.

Pure and simple he's desperate, 'cos he doesn't know what he is doing, hence you referring to his "ruthless" decisions.

I reckon his lack of experience shines through and he is more useless than ruthless.

We can differ on how we describe Glass but one point has to be mutually acknowledged, we are in one hell of a mess which Glass has to take some blame for with Cormack more than culpable for the rest!!

I always remember hearing a story about Peter Hetherston and his signing negotiations back in 1994.
Feck knows if true, but I've heard it on a couple of occasions. Anyone else know if true, or nonsense?

It goes along the lines that Willie Miller, Hetherson and his agent were sitting down to thrash out terms. The agent / Hetherston had a figure of £x/week in mind, so thought they'd high ball it with a higher figure and see how they got on.
Didn't need to go that far as Willie opened up with a figure 3x what the agent & Hetherson expected to get.

And the rest is history.....

21 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

So you would rather spend time playing with words and whether Glass is ruthless or not.

Pure and simple he's desperate, 'cos he doesn't know what he is doing, hence you referring to his "ruthless" decisions.

I reckon his lack of experience shines through and he is more useless than ruthless.

We can differ on how we describe Glass but one point has to be mutually acknowledged, we are in one hell of a mess which Glass has to take some blame for with Cormack more than culpable for the rest!!

It's not playing with words. You said Heatherston was 100% correct but he's not. He's havering shite about Glass. 

Glass isn't doing a good job and isn't the right man for the job. 

That doesn't mean every single criticism is well formed and correct though. 

14 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I suggested Graham Potter when he was at Ostersund.

No way he’d come to us now

It was a great suggestion at the time min.

Perhaps, he wouldn't come to us now considering he is doing very well with Brighton but it would be interesting to find out what he is on weekly in comparison with Stephen Glass, and, prior to him, the reported £17,000 a week Derek McInnes was on.

He is arguably the best manager in England at present.

14 hours ago, redone said:

Incredibly , you may actually have inadvertently stumbled on a solution among your inane pish.

Potter’s assistant at Brighton is ex-Hamilton manager , Billy Reid.  And it’s a manager in his mould, we need. One who can organise a squad of journeymen to be greater than the sum of its’ parts and the team to collectively punch above their weight.

Doubt if Reid himself would be interested, but if he could be tempted , we could do worse.

Inane pish???

We certainly could do worse than Billy Reid.

He did an excellent job at the Pakis and had a brilliant record against us. I remember when we undeservedly scraped by his Hamilton team in the Scottish Cup at home when they were a first division team.

He soon got his revenge when they got promoted later that year. 

15 hours ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

And you can see this guy leaving his post of a Premiership club to come and manage us?
And not doing to badly sitting in 4th position.
Sorry dude but this is delusional at best.

Perhaps, but why not give him an offer that he cannot refuse?

At the end of the day, we need a bloody good seasoned manager to sort out the shite and position we currently find ourselves in and he certainly fits the bill.

27 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It was a great suggestion at the time min.

Perhaps, he wouldn't come to us now considering he is doing very well with Brighton but it would be interesting to find out what he is on weekly in comparison with Stephen Glass, and, prior to him, the reported £17,000 a week Derek McInnes was on.

He is arguably the best manager in England at present.

With Steve Bruce having left Newcastle today and what he has achieved at the clubs he’s been at, would they not be interested in him.

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I would take him in a heartbeat, considering what he achieved with Hull City and getting through the shite he needlessly endured at the Magpies.

No compo (loved Bill Owen) required either....?

You have misunderstood my post. I had meant that would Newcastle not be interested in Potter.

That said, apparently Bruce has intimated that the Newcastle job may be his last

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

Yer in denial min.

However it isn't really Glass who should have the real anger pointed at him it's Cormack who has the real questions to answer for this mess.

Bet the next Q&A session will be the usual farce with Cormack not having to face searching questions about his totally inept appointment of Glass in the first place.

We are becoming a laughing stock following Cormack's appearance on Sportsound and I reckon that there is more fans than you would care to admit totally disillusioned with the state of affairs.

Yes three points on Saturday would be a chance to change the current landscape but a Hibs side with their arses kicked from last Saturday may be a tall order to overcome, especially if Boyle has a free reign to run behind our fullbacks.

Cormack and sturgeon should get together they will never admit they F—-D up. 

• Upvote 1