Cormack Thread

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And given Glass' success with the cadre he brought in back in the summer, do you believe he (now in cahoots with Mowbray) would be any more successful in buying his way out of a deep relegation threatening hole?

I see he was in the press proclaiming that he has final say on transfers. Given AFC's pathetic activity in the summer, that's not something I'd be shouting from the rooftops. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And given Glass' success with the cadre he brought in back in the summer, do you believe he (now in cahoots with Mowbray) would be any more successful in buying his way out of a deep relegation threatening hole?

Not sure but hopefully with Mowbray now fully in role and he must have come across as knowing his stuff during the interview, we can only hope they get it right this time

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Gunn has a Uni degree in HR, accordingly to Dave. Came to AFC straight after and worked his way thru the ranks.

Maybe we are getting TOO hung up on the role of the DoF but it’s part of Dave’s brand new world so is entirely relevant. The only other time we’ve had anything like a DoF was Willie, during the Calderwood years and to be fair, what would he know about finances, logistics etc etc?

Its just fuck up after fuck up. Amazing really, when you look at how successful both Dave and Milne have been otherwise professionally 

Miller was just there as a figurehead, and appointed the OAF they were school buddies weren't they?

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Youth team are playing Banks O Dee tomorrow at 5pm at Cormack Park, for anyone interested. I’m going to mosey on down, even to stand on the dual carriageway pavement. Some good young players in that side, apparently 

I used to love being able to watch the youth team when the played at Pittodrie. Would be brilliant to reinstate that again.

10 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Hmmm.. Might be. If he didn't have final say before, I could fully appreciate him demanding final say after that shit show. 

I only say as I thought and said at the time that JET was a lazy McInnesesque signing.

Gurr he probably had some influence over, but to be fair, once he saw Ramsay in person, immediately kept him in. I think that’s why Gurr only got a 1 year deal as cover.

Ramirez, he probably had some influence over too.

Gallagher, not so sure, albeit most though bringing in an experienced International Centre Half would have improved things

Bates, brought in as a result of Considines injury. A gamble for sure that’s not worked out…….. yet

Watkins, doubt it, would have likely been recommended from the existing team.

Jenks, again doubt it

Longstaff - desperate last minute cover thinking Ferguson was gone and not convinced about Jenks

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I only say as I thought and said at the time that JET was a lazy McInnesesque signing.

Gurr he probably had some influence over, but to be fair, once he saw Ramsay in person, immediately kept him in. I think that’s why Gurr only got a 1 year deal as cover.

Ramirez, he probably had some influence over too.

Gallagher, not so sure, albeit most though bringing in an experienced International Centre Half would have improved things

Bates, brought in as a result of Considines injury. A gamble for sure that’s not worked out…….. yet

Watkins, doubt it, would have likely been recommended from the existing team.

Jenks, again doubt it

Longstaff - desperate last minute cover thinking Ferguson was gone and not convinced about Jenks

So what are you suggesting here? 

That the good decisions are down to Glass and the shit ones are someone else's? 

That's a bit of a reach isn't it? 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So what are you suggesting then? 

I was questioning whether Glass had the final say / influence over all our summer signings and used the JET example as a typical signing under the previous regime.

JET for me was a Main MkII

28 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

52 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I was questioning whether Glass had the final say / influence over all our summer signings and used the JET example as a typical signing under the previous regime.

JET for me was a Main MkII

Glass saw Jet play against us when he was in charge last season. He played against us twice in fact in Glass' reign. 

Once in the league and once in the cup. So he saw him twice at first hand.  And he scored three goals in those two games. 

And Glass was front and centre extolling his virtues when he signed. 

Are you suggesting that Jet was forced on Glass? 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Glass saw Jet play against us when he was in charge last season. He played against us twice in fact in Glass' reign.

Once in the league and once in the cup. So he saw him twice at first hand. 

And Glass was front and centre extolling his virtues when he signed. 

Are you suggesting that Jet was forced on Glass? 

Once again ?,  I’m not suggesting anything. I’ve merely questioned the signing as being a typical previous regime type signing.

The rumours about JET coming to us was before Glass was in place. Pretty much since he did Hayes in at Pittodrie back in February.

He did score a cracker of a valley down at Livi so maybe Glass did have the final say , I don’t know. It always struck me as a Main MkII type signing of signing a striker who did well against us in a couple of games, but the stats suggested he was pretty ineffective elsewhere. That was par for the course with our previous recruitment.

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Once again ?,  I’m not suggesting anything. I’ve merely questioned the signing as being a typical previous regime type signing.

The rumours about JET coming to us was before Glass was in place. Pretty much since he did Hayes in at Pittodrie back in February.

He did score a cracker of a valley down at Livi so maybe Glass did have the final say , I don’t know. It always struck me as a Main MkII type signing of signing a striker who did well against us in a couple of games, but the stats suggested he was pretty ineffective elsewhere. That was par for the course with our previous recruitment.

So Brown, Ramirez and Gurr were Glass signings but the others weren't? 

And the Gurr transfer is being sugar coated as Glass being smart by recognising how good Ramsay is by only giving Gurr a one year deal? 

Incredible. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So Brown, Ramirez and Gurr were Glass signings but the others weren't? 

FFS, get a grip. You really are a chore on here.

I didn’t say they weren’t Glass’s signings, they obviously were. I merely questioned how much influence he took from the previous recruitment team recommendations.

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And the Gurr transfer is being sugar coated as Glass being smart by recognising how good Ramsay is by only giving Gurr a one year deal? 

Incredible. 

Why was Gurr only given a 1 year deal?

He didn’t start the season and was used only as cover for Ramsay when the young loon needed a rest / was subbed?

Glass clearly recognised when both were in that Ramsay was the better player and we’ve not seen Gurr since he fucked up at Raith. ( Can’t recall him since then in any case)

Why has Glass not insisted that he plays “his own man”? I personally didn’t think Gurr was that bad other than his Raith fuck up, but credit to Glass for dealing with that, and for dropping Lewis (although he is needed back as he’s better than Woods)

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

FFS, get a grip. You really are a chore on here.

I didn’t say they weren’t Glass’s signings, they obviously were. I merely questioned how much influence he took from the previous recruitment team recommendations.

Why was Gurr only given a 1 year deal?

He didn’t start the season and was used only as cover for Ramsay when the young loon needed a rest / was subbed?

Glass clearly recognised when both were in that Ramsay was the better player and we’ve not seen Gurr since he fucked up at Raith. ( Can’t recall him since then in any case)

Why has Glass not insisted that he plays “his own man”? I personally didn’t think Gurr was that bad other than his Raith fuck up, but credit to Glass for dealing with that, and for dropping Lewis (although he is needed back as he’s better than Woods)

I get it. Glass can do no wrong in your eyes. 

As you were. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If that's the case then why did 80% of applicants not want to work under those conditions? 

The 80% of applicants thing is another pile of shite. 

At the time of conducting interviews (if there were any) Cormack would have asked if they want to work under a DoF and Head of Recruitment. The interviewee then asks "who is your DoF and HoR?" Cormack: "Erm we haven't actually filled either position yet" 

No manager in their right mind would sign off on agreeing to work with a DoF and HoR when he has no fucking clue who that'll be. And since Gunn wasn't appointed until late May and Mowbray late July it was hardly imminent. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

That’s fine, just state that and stop the shit trying to interpret me which you clearly get so wrong.

Like the Glass can do no wrong comment when I clearly criticised him quite a bit for the Dundee performance

I wasn't having a go at you. 

But JET scored 3 goals in two games against a Glass managed Aberdeen. I don't think it's credible to suggest that Glass wasn't integral to that signing happening, especially after the positive comments Glass made when he signed regarding people not understanding how good he was. 

22 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

No, you don’t get it, you only see / read / interpret how you want it to be perceived.

Clearly I was so positive and praised Glass following our last game, or so you would believe.

I get your theory not sure I agree with it all but I get it ?

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

The 80% of applicants thing is another pile of shite. 

At the time of conducting interviews (if there were any) Cormack would have asked if they want to work under a DoF and Head of Recruitment. The interviewee then asks "who is your DoF and HoR?" Cormack: "Erm we haven't actually filled either position yet" 

No manager in their right mind would sign off on agreeing to work with a DoF and HoR when he has no fucking clue who that'll be. And since Gunn wasn't appointed until late May and Mowbray late July it was hardly imminent. 

Aye,  I think Cormack was telling porkies there 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

, especially after the positive comments Glass made when he signed regarding people not understanding how good he was. 

He’s hardly going to criticise a new signing and say, “From what the team have told me, JET will be be a massive player for us”

The manager has to be positive about the new signings.

Its clear though that a number of our summer signings have not hit the ground running and made any huge difference at all.