Livingston 0 - 0 Aberdeen

14 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Not sure that would work. They could just say they've seen a problem on the first view so they can have a closer look 

I get your point, but if they can't tell what it was, but think there is something then offer the ref a look. 

I just think it takes far too long and they spend time actively looking for problems rather than just spotting obvious ones. Guess that is my main issue. 

I know without it they miss things too, and that it's perfect either, but at least you have real time excitement. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I understand why the VAR would find it well nigh impossible to calibrate the lines given the Livi player possibly playing MacDonald on was in a cluster of bodies

That being the case, then the on-field decision of the linesman should stand.

Correct! It’s a goal! 

14 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

VAR worked perfectly today though.

A goal that was offside was disallowed.

No way a linesman on the far side could see that, so a perfect example of VAR working.

Today is not the stick to beat VAR with, there are far many better examples. 

I haven't seen the replay, it may well be the correct decision in the end, but it took far too long. 

Players stood at the centre waiting for a VAR decision before kickoff is my issue, then one side or the other cheering the VAR decision and it potentially being something other than kickoff again. 

Just doesn't work for me at all. It was much more exciting before, even if it was sometimes wrong. 

Now we wait ages and it is still often wrong. 

I am not claiming one way or the other that the goal should have stood as I only saw it once and not seen a replay, my issue is not whether VAR was right, it is that the process is ridiculous and takes far too long to pick up what is supposed to only be clear and obvious mistakes. 

It sucks the fun out and I don't like it at all

4 minutes ago, JojoJuan said:

I get your point, but if they can't tell what it was, but think there is something then offer the ref a look. 

I just think it takes far too long and they spend time actively looking for problems rather than just spotting obvious ones. Guess that is my main issue. 

I know without it they miss things too, and that it's perfect either, but at least you have real time excitement. 

Aye its a complete shambles. 

Best game of the season from a spectator point of view was the Killie cup game where var wasn't being used. I'd rather lose the odd goal to a slight error than have a whole season of var and still lose goals to errors anyway. 

Our refs are tossers and aren't fit to referee in Uefa games anyway. Let's spend the money on keeping some of our talented youths and advocate to bin var completely. 

• Upvote 3
17 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

It's a close call between Livi v Aberdeen and St Johnstone v Aberdeen. Both are always eye-bleeders.

Dundee and Motherwell managed to hammered livi at their own place recently. No excuse for yesterdays shite. 

I might be wrong, but the only VAR call, or duff call, I can recall thats gone in our favour this season was Hibs not getting a penalty for Devlin’s blatant handball at pittodrie. 
Miovski should have 3 more to his tally. Hearts away, Motherwell at home and yesterday. 

ironically, we pay money to get cheated these days, at least it was free in the past! 

Just now, JojoJuan said:

I haven't seen the replay, it may well be the correct decision in the end, but it took far too long. 

Players stood at the centre waiting for a VAR decision before kickoff is my issue, then one side or the other cheering the VAR decision and it potentially being something other than kickoff again. 

Just doesn't work for me at all. It was much more exciting before, even if it was sometimes wrong. 

Now we wait ages and it is still often wrong. 

I am not claiming one way or the other that the goal should have stood as I only saw it once and not seen a replay, my issue is not whether VAR was right, it is that the process is ridiculous and takes far too long to pick up what is supposed to only be clear and obvious mistakes. 

It sucks the fun out and I don't like it at all

You’re late to the party 😁

My thoughts have changed from my first viewing of it, having seen replays & the no11 of Livi possibly playing MacDonald on. 

No-one knows, including VAR, who’s obviously guessed.

• Dildo 1
9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I understand why the VAR would find it well nigh impossible to calibrate the lines given the Livi player possibly playing MacDonald on was in a cluster of bodies

That being the case, then the on-field decision of the linesman should stand.

This being exactly what l am on about. 

Have a look, if not a clear and obvious issue then leave on field decision alone. 

Instead they spend minutes trying to find a problem to make themselves more relevant. 

VAR is shit

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, donswin1983 said:

I might be wrong, but the only VAR call, or duff call, I can recall thats gone in our favour this season was Hibs not getting a penalty for Devlin’s blatant handball at pittodrie. 
Miovski should have 3 more to his tally. Hearts away, Motherwell at home and yesterday. 

ironically, we pay money to get cheated these days, at least it was free in the past! 

Motherwell’s disallowed goal at Fir Park should’ve stood.

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’re late to the party 😁

My thoughts have changed from my first viewing of it, having seen replays & the no11 of Livi possibly playing MacDonald on. 

No-one knows, including VAR, who’s obviously guessed.

And the guessing is a fucking massive issue. 

If VAR need to guess then it wasn't obvious and the on field decision should stand

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I actually agree, but I also think by the same token Dundee shouldn't have had a pen from the McKenzie handball as they are almost identical. 

Neither were obvious enough for VAR to intervene, took about a dozen replays = not obvious 

1 minute ago, JojoJuan said:

This being exactly what l am on about. 

Have a look, if not a clear and obvious issue then leave on field decision alone. 

Instead they spend minutes trying to find a problem to make themselves more relevant. 

VAR is shit

Offside with VAR is binary. He’s onside or he’s not. That’s not a clear and obvious error point, min! If he’s offside, show the categoric evidence that he’s offside. 

think they said on sportscene ‘lines not required to be shown, because it’s that clear’ (or words to that affect). Bullshit! Not clear in any capacity. probably no lines used or available..therefore, it’s a fucking guess..

utter shambles 

2. Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate

McDonald is offside (thought it's very close and there should've been a line drawn)and arguably so is Miovski and Gartenmann as both had an advantage with the goal.

McDonald passed it straight to Gartenmann who was in an offside position and gained an advantage from it...as did Miovski.

We may not like the goal being chopped off but if that was Livingston at the other end, we'd all be saying the same thing.

Red tinted specs (other than WW who doesn't wear any it seems)

The clique can argue all they want.

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

11 minutes ago, JojoJuan said:

I actually agree, but I also think by the same token Dundee shouldn't have had a pen from the McKenzie handball as they are almost identical. 

Neither were obvious enough for VAR to intervene, took about a dozen replays = not obvious 

Oh there's no doubt it's been shite for everyone.

Well. Everyone except...

• Upvote 1

Thought it a good goal yesterday, couldn't tell if offside or not from my angle. But some on here saying it was def off, from watching the game on laptop, tv, whatever. So take word for it.

However i watched the highlights earlier this morning and for me that's a goal. MacDonald on for first phase, a couple (Miovski being one) are off but not interfering. Second phase Miovski is def on and a very good finish. Should have been 3 points. Instead it was just another dull, drab draw at Livi. They're gone, and certainly won't be missed.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

What if the post split fixtures throws up a 3rd trip to Livi?

Looking at where we have played the bottom six teams as it stands, we will only have two home games.

Home - Livingston, Motherwell

Away - Ross County, St Johnstone, Hibs

If Dundee don't make top six we will be Away to them as well

14 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Oh there's no doubt it's been shite for everyone.

Well. Everyone except...

This is also an issue. 

VAR could find some minor infraction hand balls or inconclusive offsides, but somehow managed to miss a clear and obvious assault on Duk last season against the huns

16 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

2. Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate

McDonald is offside (thought it's very close and there should've been a line drawn)and arguably so is Miovski and Gartenmann as both had an advantage with the goal.

McDonald passed it straight to Gartenmann who was in an offside position and gained an advantage from it...as did Miovski.

We may not like the goal being chopped off but if that was Livingston at the other end, we'd all be saying the same thing.

Red tinted specs (other than WW who doesn't wear any it seems)

The clique can argue all they want.

A player can stand wherever they want, if they’re not interfering with play. You see it all the time. Neither mio or gart are directly interfering with play when the initial ball is played and both are onside when McDonald crosses it. That’s not breaking the rules as they’re written!

re McDonald being offside. You may be correct, but show the categoric evidence that concludes that as the correct call. (SFA , not you) my watching thinks he’s onside, yours offside. As I said, it’s binary, so show us conclusively! 

33 minutes ago, slippers said:

Dundee and Motherwell managed to hammered livi at their own place recently. No excuse for yesterdays shite. 

This.

In all the discussion about an offside goal, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that once again we approached a game against a shite Livi team as if we expected to lose, and we ended up playing the game that they wanted. 

That's 180 minutes against the worst team in the league and barely a shot on target. 

Just like the opening game of the season, the feeling was there after about 20 minutes that we would be happy to leave with a 0-0. And so it proved. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

A player can stand wherever they want, if they’re not interfering with play. You see it all the time. Neither mio or gart are directly interfering with play when the initial ball is played and both are onside when McDonald crosses it. That’s not breaking the rules as they’re written!

re McDonald being offside. You may be correct, but show the categoric evidence that concludes that as the correct call. (SFA , not you) my watching thinks he’s onside, yours offside. As I said, it’s binary, so show us conclusively! 

Agreed

We should just bin VAR it’s obvious it does more harm than good.

Waste of money for the technology and I begrudge paying hundreds of quid a game to add another incompetent referee to the match day when all they are doing is introducing yet another opportunity to fuck up the game.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Helmet said:

We should just bin VAR it’s obvious it does more harm than good.

Waste of money for the technology and I begrudge paying hundreds of quid a game to add another incompetent referee to the match day when all they are doing is introducing yet another opportunity to fuck up the game.

Exactly! Fans will stop celebrating goals in real time, as will players. We can have a bounce and the players can celebrate when the ref takes his finger out his ear and a goal is confirmed, post inspection. 
it’s shite! Fuck it into the bin. 

8 hours ago, HaarDon said:

So if 3 players are in offside positions when a ball is played in phase 1, only 1 is offside?

What are you talking about?🤣

This is next level stupidity and something I hate about football fans in general. Some will state things like they know what they are talking about yet clearly don’t have the first clue about the basic laws of the game.

Embarrassing 

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1
45 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Exactly! Fans will stop celebrating goals in real time, as will players. We can have a bounce and the players can celebrate when the ref takes his finger out his ear and a goal is confirmed, post inspection. 
it’s shite! Fuck it into the bin. 

This. I have started to notice my celebrations are now somewhat muted. Small cheer. Sit down and watch the ref. That euphoria feeling when the ball hits the net has gone. To me any offside should show daylight between both lines drawn. This would mean very marginal differences would favour the attacker and eliminate error and doubt.

17 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

This is next level stupidity and something I hate about football fans in general. Some will state things like they know what they are talking about yet clearly don’t have the first clue about the basic laws of the game.

Embarrassing 

Coming from a thick cunt like you that nobody likes on here who takes dog's abuse IS embarrassing.

😅😅😅

• Dildo 3
9 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Any need for that patronising comment?

It was offside.

You said yourself that VAR got it spot on today.

Changed your mind?

No it wasn't

There is literally no way it can be determined whether MacDonald is offside or not with any certainty.

Just now, HaarDon said:

Yet you are saying it wasn't 😅

The refs made an onfield decision which was extremely marginal and impossible to know for certain either way.

What I'm saying is VAR cannot overrule it because they can't say for certain either. It should have stood.

If the ref had given it offside, VAR should not have overruled it either unless they can be certain. Which they can't.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, robbojunior said:

The refs made an onfield decision which was extremely marginal and impossible to know for certain either way.

What I'm saying is VAR cannot overrule it because they can't say for certain either. It should have stood.

If the ref had given it offside, VAR should not have overruled it either unless they can be certain. Which they can't.

I think they can be certain in most cases if they draw a line and in this case, although tight as fuck, I think McDonald was offside.

I also think the phase 1 explanations are unclear.

To be interfering with play should involve a player being in an advanced/offside position who gains an advantage i.e. a goal or a set up for a goal.

All 3 players gained an advantage from phase 1 as they had a positional advantage and were directly involved in a goal from active play as I quoted above.

This doesn't suit some of the cunts' agendas on here of course.

Oooooh to have a different opinion.

🤣

• Dildo 1