The Golf Thread

yeah but Monty not winning any major let alone this one, like Kaymer not competing at Augusta so far in his career, is f**k all to do with the golf course.

Quiros is exciting but under the gun, when the tournament starts, after the first 63 holes, no chance, assuming he'll even be in the mix.

Unless Alvaro has a substantial lead on the back 9 come Sunday, he's no chance and is another one with severe putting afflictions. Hope I'm wrong.

RS, agree re Quiros, Micklesons scrambling is ubreal, Poulters heed is up his arse, sulky git at times, Rory and Kuchar will be there abouts based on today, if I was to bet now, Kuchar would be my pick.

Far too early to be calling winners. Remember Rory at the Open last year!

It's not too early to rule people out though e.g. Kaymer, Mahan, Dustin, Aaron, Padraig, Francesco, Ernie, all of whom are stone dead already.

I would forget Sergio and Quiros too despite them both top 6 the noo.

Wouldn't it be great if this was Ross Fisher's week after his great showing in the dog-eater show?

Speaking of which, me love Yon Eung Yan. He be a real mannie and a fantastic champion.

The 2nd day at the open was a weird one, cant see Rory doing that again, I hope not, Mickleson is unreal, worth the watch.

agree that list are stone dead mate,

great watch as always

Fits at a aboot?

That racist pig had nae chunce and is always too short priced.

never understand Els prices, he'll never win another major, the Masters is such an excellent tourny, must admit Id take BBC coverage over Sky, just based on the horrendous screeching of someone prior to and after each advert.

give me sam and peter anyday o the week....bring back the beeb

never understand Els prices, he'll never win another major, the Masters is such an excellent tourny, must admit Id take BBC coverage over Sky, just based on the horrendous screeching of someone prior to and after each advert.

give me sam and peter anyday o the week....bring back the beeb

Is it James brown? Just that he is known to come from Augusta.

Backed quiros last year for his length but still can't see him stringing 4

solid rounds together. Come on the south Africans.

Aye, luckily I bottled it and never bet high on him. I went with Quiros also fella ;)

cant see his putting standing up to sat/sun.....yesterday was probably the easiest day in the last 20 yrs to score..

however u have to put it in the cup, simple as....today will be very interesting with westwood, woods having to make a move before the weekend.

leading score to be -9 after today?

leading score to be -9 after today?

Could well be, pins will be tucked away today.

See Quiros's drive on 13? Nothing more than a 7 iron I think it was, for his 2nd - man is a beast. Agree though about his putting, could well prove to be his achilles heel, but let's see. Could say the same about McIlroy.

Could well be, pins will be tucked away today.

See Quiros's drive on 13? Nothing more than a 7 iron I think it was, for his 2nd - man is a beast. Agree though about his putting, could well prove to be his achilles heel, but let's see. Could say the same about McIlroy.

Agree, I think Kuchar is well placed and has a steady game, Donald, Westwood, Woods et al need to shoot at least 68- 69 to stay with the pace, as I dont see the leaders getting away from the field.

Micklesons round yesterday was beyond belief, he could have shot a 78 nae problem with some of his tee-shots, he needs to cosy himself into a 68 today and stay in touch and then have a right go over the weekend..

cabt wait till it starts again tonight, and the Mrs is sent to the back o the house for fitiver sh*te she wants to watch

Depends how you measure it. Club champion at two clubs 2010, both established for many decades/century plus and not for the first time, would suggest that he is.

have to agree with the terrible coverage by sky, at least theyve changed that screaming tit at each break.

rory playing solid and fanct 2 birdies at 13 and 15 for him, if he keeps his heed, the guy is so solid and a great swing, well done to donald today.

tiger to finish -5 and be in with a chubce?

Depends how you measure it. Club champion at two clubs 2010, both established for many decades/century plus and not for the first time, would suggest that he is.

Aye, I know what he's done just never played with him or seen him play, was going to go for a windup but nae point, what handicap you at rocket?

I've been a category 1 golfer for more years than he's been on the planet but whereas I've moved between 2 min and 5 max, he's between +1 and 1.

Nobody ever gasps when dc pays a shot whereas I am an awesome ball striker.

I putt much better than him over the course of a whole season but he has his hot streaks.

But this game is all about the number. His consistency is impressive. He doesn't make many mistakes and he doesn't carry any major weaknesses, unlike me.

If I could consistently wedge well from 75 yards and in, I would be off scratch too.

But I love the game and have never had any unrealistic expectations despite my strengths. Calderwood used that terminology back in the day.

RS, did I ever ask you if you knew Jason Annand

Hazlehead, St Andrews GC, Nigg Bay & Bon Accord.

Have been at Murcar, Portlethen, Royal Montrose and a student member at Royal Abz back in the day.

Plus memberships overseas and at Troon for three years when living in the weeg.

youll know Tony Burnett at Hazelhead then?

some cracking courses there my man, I like Nigg Bay and playing Sunday morning with Jase, I know Gary and Ryan Hunter, young Ryan has plenty talent

youll know Tony Burnett at Hazelhead then?

some cracking courses there my man, I like Nigg Bay and playing Sunday morning with Jase, I know Gary and Ryan Hunter, young Ryan has plenty talent

Ha ha you will know me then! And i will more than likely know you.

Young Ryan? He's 30 and will never be a good golfer again.

Was awesome when he was younger. Him and his da are at the masters just now.

Coverage is gash, but they can only show what espn show. Same coverage as beeb except sky go to adverts instead of showing the leaderboard every 5mins