The Golf Thread

The sociological observations would back you up on this.

Last time I was in Florida - a shit hole mostly, particularly inland off the coast - I noticed all you can eat restaurants and all you can drink dispensers in the McDonalds. The natives weren't just obese, they were gargantuan. rocket thinks that all you can stuff/imbibe appeals to the selfish and the thick so correctamundo minjaysee.

However, that appeals to me and I'm not selfish.

So what does that appeal to within you? Your thrift? Or your former fat self?

Is this a verifiable syndrome? A former fat man thinking like a fat man but no longer being a fat man?

I just enjoy a good bit of food, sometimes I'll over estimate it and won't even manage one plate the next 5 or 6 if I'm bored/hungry.

Major implosion going on from Sergio right now.

One bogey in Rd 1. One bogey in Rd 2. Three yesterday and three in the last four holes.

implosion bit far fetched, clearly not playing as well as he has done last week or this and its a very tough course. Still 2 great weeks for him. Watney playing really well in comparison, tournaments his me feels.

That would depend on our respective definitions of "implosion".

The back 9 on Sunday is what counts. Sergio has thrown it away.

Or Watney has played better on the day... It happens. Sergio was excellent last weekend to win (4 birdies in 5 on back 9), not so good this week.

Not saying Sergio doesnt want to win as obviously does, but bit like last weekend, in that Watney needs to win to try and get a wild card pick for Ryder Cup.

Some serious arseholes in this crowd.

The Chicago crowd are notorious too, hopefully the European players will be able to block it out.

Just a taster as to what the Europeans are in for no doubt. Bunch of absolute pr1cks over there.

Hope Watney triples the last and hands it to Sergio.

Of course it happens. But after 1 DSpR (Dropped Shot per Rd) in both Rds 1 & 2 and 3 DSpR yesterday, starting with a bogey today and then having 3 bogeys in 4 holes in the crucial time of the tournament, this has to be viewed as one that got away.

Contrast this with Lawrie. He won the tournament with the first 5 holes today in my opinion as EVERY single drive and approach was PERFECT. The fact he didn't hole the putts didn't matter as he was displaying a very rare perfection in the Long game. He battered the opposition by supreme ball striking and never let anyone get a look in. On the back nine - when it matters - he stuck it close at 11 and holed his longest putt of the day, from no more than 7 or 8 feet. He did it with exceptional and dominant Long game and never gave the field a look in, such was his brilliance. Sergio had a clear lead going into today but failed. Fact. He failed at the most crucial time of the round. This was unfortunate. Doesn't make him a bad person. He's a supreme talent and I love watching him as often as possible. But factually, today, it wasn't his day. I interpret it as he imploded. You may or may not agree. Doesn't mean he will implode next time but today, this was one that got away.

Cant really disagree with that, seemed like he almost ran out of steam after last week and this week. Shame tho, as he has played excellent recently and his attitude on the course has been so much better. But yeah definately one that got away. Watney played well but was helped by Sergio playing poorly.

Richie Ramsay at the end of his round on Thursday, immediately after stepping off the 10th green and before he'd signed his card, signed autographs for every single of of the primary school kids who were queuing up for him. He was detained for 4 or 5 minutes and made sure he never left anyone out. The majority walked straight past them.

on that note, watching the golf last night I was screaming at the TV when they mentioned "Tiger" had politley refused an interview, then to be followed up from some shite from Ferrrrrerrrrty that this was because he shot a 76.....another example of TW's arrogance, face the music you billionare and explain to the watching public and sky subscribers why you think you played so bad.....CUNT!

How you find 11 - 13... Many a good score were ruined when I was a member round there.

First few times I hated them but recently I've got used to it. All 3 holes depend almost entirely on a good tee shot. 11 I now stick to the 3 iron off the tee and a longer 2nd shot at the green. this is by far the hardest hole on the course. 12 I've begin to like play a 6 iron on a nice day and have found that to be my exact length if I hit it well. 13 is another that I struggle with. Even with a good tee shot you still have a difficult approach to the green.

Went round on Saturday 7 over for the back 9 including pars on 11 and 12 so was pretty chuffed. I'm playing off 22 just now so 6 over was good shooting for one 9. Pity the front 9 was 50.

First few times I hated them but recently I've got used to it. All 3 holes depend almost entirely on a good tee shot. 11 I now stick to the 3 iron off the tee and a longer 2nd shot at the green. this is by far the hardest hole on the course. 12 I've begin to like play a 6 iron on a nice day and have found that to be my exact length if I hit it well. 13 is another that I struggle with. Even with a good tee shot you still have a difficult approach to the green.

Went round on Saturday 7 over for the back 9 including pars on 11 and 12 so was pretty chuffed. I'm playing off 22 just now so 6 over was good shooting for one 9. Pity the front 9 was 50.

shot an 81 on sunday at Nigg, greens were in great nick, the course was playing a tad longer due to the rain, out in 42 back in 39.... probably left about 4 shots out there! but happy enough with my overall game considering its my 7th game this year.

off to Gleneagles on friday, nae sure which course though....

shot an 81 on sunday at Nigg, greens were in great nick, the course was playing a tad longer due to the rain, out in 42 back in 39.... probably left about 4 shots out there! but happy enough with my overall game considering its my 7th game this year.

81 is good shooting out there.

Was speaking with guys at Craibstone yesterday about the plans for that place. Looking in very healthy condition if all are true. New driving range down the hill and putting green at the first tee.

Was speaking with guys at Craibstone yesterday about the plans for that place. Looking in very healthy condition if all are true. New driving range down the hill and putting green at the first tee.

Kings Course tomorrow....may be a different story, but I'll keep a card and report in!

Craibstone is decent, some really nice holes, and some good par 5's... it can be a wee bit of a hike...but thats my old legs!

Would tend to take phit Craibstone tell you with a pinch of salt. They are always full of good ideas that seldom come to fruition.

you must enjoy very slow greens then? as Niggs greens are slow even when cut on a Saturday never mind after a days growth!

Kings Course tomorrow....may be a different story, but I'll keep a card and report in!

Craibstone is decent, some really nice holes, and some good par 5's... it can be a wee bit of a hike...but thats my old legs!

Fit time min? I'm teeing off at 13:40, hopefully dinna see ye there! :checkit:

The greens are so pure here in Boston at the Deutsche Bank that it's almost impossible to miss inside 10 feet.

No wonder the US putting stats piss all over the Europeans.

I've played a couple of courses over there just before they were closed to host tour events and found the greens to be fantastic. It is very possible to miss from inside 10 feet though. (regularly in my case :poster_oops: )

Thought Tiger was great yesterday good to see

Yes it was, but was even better to see him getting his ass kicked.

Interesting that he is now a 100% fader of the ball, which will not help him at all come next April down Georgia way. He cannot afford to keep the driver in the bag either, on that course. One by one the courses he was almost unbeatable on are ebbing away.

Might give him the benefit of the doubt at St Andrews in 2010 and say he was still suffering the after affects on his knee surgery, but who knows whether he would have beaten Oosthuizen anyway.