The Golf Thread

Brilliant effort Paul, the back nine yesterday and today's front nine is probably the best I've seen you play. Great birdie on the last to clinch outright 2nd, to finish in front o the world no.1 and nae win is really unlucky but brilliant week never the less, get some o that grit & determination down Pittodrie way will ye.

Guys, again thanks for all your support this week, the 12th was the turning point i was in a plugged lie there so very unlucky only poor putt i hit all day was 17 but overall a very good week for me

paul

Pretty cool - matter of hours after a great tournament, our Paul logs onto AFC-Chat!

Thought Sky's coverage of him was poor. Top Brit in the field, but too much emphasis was put on the Donald/McIlroy tussle.

A few quality doric expletives thrown in for good measure (2nd shot on the 4th or 5th) that the Sky team would never have understood.

You proved you've still got it Paul, stick in next season, ma loon.

Pretty cool - matter of hours after a great tournament, our Paul logs onto AFC-Chat!

Thought Sky's coverage of him was poor. Top Brit in the field, but too much emphasis was put on the Donald/McIlroy tussle.

A few quality doric expletives thrown in for good measure (2nd shot on the 4th or 5th) that the Sky team would never have understood.

You proved you've still got it Paul, stick in next season, ma loon.

Skys coverage of him was poor? You saw every shot Paul hit as well as Quiros.. Donald/McIroy tussle was over before today. Donald was shown a lot more when he got a lot closer near the lead and showing him quite a bit, is deserved when hes number 1 in both money lists and best player in world.

Anyway brilliant performance, Paul. Was willing that birdie putt in on 17 after a brilliant tee shot, as with Quiros length thought 18 would play more into his favour than Pauls. Did a touch but cant legislate for a 50 ft putt.