The Golf Thread

Just purchased a ryder cup practice day ticket for the thursday, looking forward to having a wander round before parking in front of the TV for 3 days to watch the real action.

Also entered the ballott for a friday ticket but not that fussed to be honest as im sure it will be so busy that you will hardly be able to see anything.

I see all the so called experts and media are saying that the wet conditions this week at Merion play right into the hands of Eldrick. I don't get that. When conditions are hard and fast, ie Hoylake in 2006, they said they same, and he won at a canter.

Which conditions don't suit him?

Or is it the fact that Merion is short and even in the wet conditions, he'll still get away with his 3 wood off the tee?

Surely the wet conditions favour a host of players; Rory, Scotty, even Sergio if he get's his act together?

Played my first golf of the year today.

Played the Cruden Bay 9 holer then played 9 up at Fyvie this evening.

Put the dog down this morning so was good to get out the house for a few hours take my mind off things.

Hoping to have a round again tomorrow really should be doing something whilst I'm onshore.

1) Frog Hole at Auchmill (used to be the 6th hole when it was a 9-holer)

2) 16th on Hazelheid No 2 course

3) 7th at Cullen. Putt all the way down the path.

4) 7th at Dufftown

5) 2nd at Westhill

6) 6th at Huntly

7) 2nd/11th at Kinloss

The Doo'cot at Banchory is only 88 yards. Is that possible or are you hitting over a gulley?

There's a hole at Merion that played 102yds yesterday.

The short one at Banchory is all uphill on a plateau so nae really suited to the putter unless you give a fair dunt up the slope.

Tough day for the Scots at the US but no disasters. Oor Paul is +3 with a few holes left to play.

There's a hole at Merion that played 102yds yesterday.

The short one at Banchory is all uphill on a plateau so nae really suited to the putter unless you give a fair dunt up the slope.

Tough day for the Scots at the US but no disasters. Oor Paul is +3 with a few holes left to play.

Cheers for the Banchory info. The 2nd and 4th at Cullen are possibles. Cullendon do you reckon you could green the 2nd and 4th by smashing a putter?