The Golf Thread

The 7th is the only one remotely do-able. But, down hill through the cart path over the burn bridge and onto the green via the contours of the right hand bunker. A big ask.

Certainly not possible at the moment as the temporary tee is down the bottom of the hill away to the left of the cart path.

Sounds like the 7th at Cullen which is in.

Chutney we have a full 18. :trophy:

Passed on my congrats to Ian Rae and the team via twitter , fantastic performance eh great to see

Paul.

Well done you. It was an awesome win by a great team, and Ian was brilliant.

With Stevie G making Augusta this weekend too, it's all looking very positive going forward. Just need you to start winning now! Good luck wherever you tee it up next.

Started back again this year after a 14 year absence.

Not quite course ready yet, only 1/3 drives is a good hit and short game (well, anything less than a full swing) is totally mince.

Had a lesson a few weeks back with the Trackman technology and I'm hitting irons as good as I ever have.

Had a shot of hybrids recently and loving them. Crushing each shot without fail.

Any "top tips" from Hatters and our resident pro?

How do you find Trackman Paul?

Auchmill, H9, Frog Hole, 156yds;

Ballater, H13, The Dee, 158yds;

Cullen, H7;

Dufftown, H7, Fittie Burn 91yds;

Fraserburgh (Corbiehill), H7, The Well, 131yds;

Fraserburgh (Rosehill), H4, 96yds;

Hazlehead 2, H3, Hollow, 184yds;

Hazlehead 2, H16, Westwood 111yds;

Hopeman, H15, Nesses, 132yds;

Huntly, H6, Neuk, 100yds;

Inverurie, H10, Wee Bogle, 123yds;

Kinloss, H2, Smiler, 100yds;

Kinloss, H11, It's a Doddle, 123yds;

Longside, H14, The Firs, 131yds;

Montrose Broomfield, H12, Wee Dunt, 130yds;

Rosehearty, H1, 179yds;

Tain, H16, Kelag, 139yds;

Westhill, H2, Clinterty,188yds

So that's the 18 folks, for ChutneyLove's Round With a Putter.

2,372 yards (giving Cullen 7th 120 yards since not even Cullen GC themselves have bothered to measure it) with a par of 54.

The Boofter and myself are in so far. I suggest we wait until the weather is fine after the fitba season - and there are light mornings and nights. I propose to map out a route and play all the holes in one day. If any of the clubs refuse us to play the hole on their course, we'll stick that on early in the morning or late at night and sneak on. I plan to get pished while I'm doing this, so we might need a driver. He will go unpaid. Or I might buy him lunch if I bother getting any masel. I'll tell the clubs it's for charity, but I can't actually be arsed getting sponsors and that, so I'll just donate some money of my own.

Anyone else interested, let us know by July sometime.

Well done you. It was an awesome win by a great team, and Ian was brilliant.

With Stevie G making Augusta this weekend too, it's all looking very positive going forward. Just need you to start winning now! Good luck wherever you tee it up next.

Aye Steve g doing great always been a huge talent now holing a few putts

I'm playing china and Korea next end of April

Paul

Cullen, H7;

Rosehearty, H1, 179yds;

2,372 yards (giving Cullen 7th 120 yards since not even Cullen GC themselves have bothered to measure it) with a par of 54.

The Boofter and myself are in so far. I suggest we wait until the weather is fine after the fitba season - and there are light mornings and nights. I propose to map out a route and play all the holes in one day. If any of the clubs refuse us to play the hole on their course, we'll stick that on early in the morning or late at night and sneak on. I plan to get pished while I'm doing this, so we might need a driver. He will go unpaid. Or I might buy him lunch if I bother getting any masel. I'll tell the clubs it's for charity, but I can't actually be arsed getting sponsors and that, so I'll just donate some money of my own.

One day will be a struggle, but I love a challenge.

I am in.

Cullen, H7;

Rosehearty, H1, 179yds;

Make sure you map both Hazlehead holes together. I don't want to play hole two there then fuck off to Tain and then back to Hazlehead again.

You're a good cunt chunts. Some of our other "members", who claim that we Scots are "too negative" won't like us winning this trophy, which, let's face it, is a HUGE achievement for a nation our size. I claim that these detractors are fucking arseholes pursuing their own agenda, oblivious to national interests.

Which members you on about ? Who's the f arseholes pursuing their own agenda ? Interesting

Paul

Played Craibstone today. My pitching and chipping is so bad, it reduced my mate to tears of laffter. Can thread a driver through the eye of a rugby post at over 250 yards, can putt like god, can hit the odd excellent iron, but can't pitch or chip. Stupid game.

What members you think I'm on aboot min? Something you want to get off your chest?

The percentage of chat on this forum about golf is minimal, less than a small fraction of one per cent.

In September this year, a referendum is taking place. A very important one in my book but not one that I expect that will go the way I want it to. My wife and I will be voting yes, as will my son and hopefully - although I've not asked them - the two of my three daughters who are old enough to vote.

Although we talk a lot about fitba, we also talk a lot about all sorts of shit in the pub section and the referendum debate is one of the longest-running threads on here. There are posters who are vehemently anti-independence and I've never worked out why. One of them, I accuse of non-thinking, being an establishment cunt of the highest order, a conservative-voting highly unoriginal dead head who I am convinced only posts what his daddy taught him to think, being a sad bastard unable to think on his own feet. Another, a proud ASC stalwart, is so fucking stupid he follows party politics and reads the tabloids.

Do you have any opinion about whether we should be independent or not, Paul?

The percentage of chat on this forum about golf is minimal, less than a small fraction of one per cent.

In September this year, a referendum is taking place. A very important one in my book but not one that I expect that will go the way I want it to. My wife and I will be voting yes, as will my son and hopefully - although I've not asked them - the two of my three daughters who are old enough to vote.

Although we talk a lot about fitba, we also talk a lot about all sorts of shit in the pub section and the referendum debate is one of the longest-running threads on here. There are posters who are vehemently anti-independence and I've never worked out why. One of them, I accuse of non-thinking, being an establishment cunt of the highest order, a conservative-voting highly unoriginal dead head who I am convinced only posts what his daddy taught him to think, being a sad bastard unable to think on his own feet. Another, a proud ASC stalwart, is so fucking stupid he follows party politics and reads the tabloids.

Do you have any opinion about whether we should be independent or not, Paul?

I'm voting YES for what it's worth Paul.

You'd do well to follow me. That seat on the bus is still free if you're stuck as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bradley Neil. The best Scottish golfer under the age of 30. By miles. He's just turned 18. An amateur.

All these pros (the vast majority, like over 95%) failing to cover their expenses of playing far less earn a living and all these amateurs aspiring to be pros, most of whom (the vast majority, like over 95%) should stay amateur, begs the question: -

Is it better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all?

There are exceptions to every rule. The vast majority should never have turned pro or shouldn't even think about doing so. This is because they don't understand the field they are seeking to succeed in and have delusions of competence therein, chasing a futile dream that never had a chance.

Bradley is different. Remember the name. He'll be on our tellies one day soon. An amazing talent.

I had a frickin' ten on my card on Sunday! Started with a birdie at the first, then followed it with a ten at a short par-5. Played reasonably well after that until the last when I shot an eight. 2 shite holes, 7 good ones. Nae bad all things considered, I've hardly played this year. I would prefer nae to get 10s though.

I had a frickin' ten on my card on Sunday! Started with a birdie at the first, then followed it with a ten at a short par-5. Played reasonably well after that until the last when I shot an eight. 2 shite holes, 7 good ones. Nae bad all things considered, I've hardly played this year. I would prefer nae to get 10s though.

Or Pitch and Putt as it's better known. ;)