The Golf Thread

he does have that cheeky gyspsy look about him. furry lug holes.

anyone remember that episode of Britain's hardest me with danny dyer, when he went to meet celeb gypsy, paddy Doherty? anyway, they went to watch the euro cup final with yanited in it, at this flat roof scheme pub. Shayne ward of x factor fame came in, then it all got a bit homo-erotic and danny dyer fled back to paddy's caravan.

Ended up doing a few e/w on

Scott 14-1 – Hard to dismiss given form and has a decent Open record

Woods 22-1 – Bit of an Enigma these days but won here before and odds make it worth a punt

Casey 50-1 – Seems to be hitting form at the right time, could be in with a shout.

Mannasero 100-1 – Did well at Royal Aberdeen, future major winner in my book.

Olesen 150-1 – Longshot but capable of shooting low in majors.

Shall we talk about facts or shall we skirt around the truth?

Shall we expose the hypocrisy or should we ignore it?

This is something I have wrestled with for a long time.

The irony of berto blootering it out is beautiful. Always loved you loon.

I just had a funny way of showing it.

Soz.

Perhaps so, but why should a young lad in the game take so much criticism for it when others get absolutely no criticism for it?

Also the last part, steady on.

P.S. @Paul - If you know where your game is right now then you shouldn't have taken such exception to my comments, it was

constructive criticism. I wasn't 'pissed off', I was just saying it how it is - I'm not going to be nicey nicey in my every post just because of who you are. I want you to do well (Aberdeen loon and money purposes for myself) and I stated so in my previous post and past posts. I was just disappointed by you on Sunday, which I've explained is completely down to your attitude towards yourself and others around you. One of the seven dwarfs spring to mind.

I'm not having a go at you as your entitled to your opinion which I happen to agree with but if I disappointed you on Sunday I'd hate for you to see me on a bad day !! I'm sorry if I upset you or anyone else last week , last 18 months have been tough ( yes I know travelling the world playing golf is hardly tough ) but no excuse I'll be back

Paul.

I'm not having a go at you as your entitled to your opinion which I happen to agree with but if I disappointed you on Sunday I'd hate for you to see me on a bad day !! I'm sorry if I upset you or anyone else last week , last 18 months have been tough ( yes I know travelling the world playing golf is hardly tough ) but no excuse I'll be back

Paul.

Nice one Mr Palmer.

Looking forward to the next couple of days in front of the telly. Hope BBC remember there are others there and not just Tiger. Shame we won't have a dandy supporter on the course, but there's always next year. Sorry to see jiminez missing the cut too, always like watching him.

I see some Aussie guy mcpherson shot 90 on Thursday,that sounds rubbish.as an amateur off 5 Paul would it be a real test to play that course and bust 90 id like to think so but not so sure?

Don't know really but courses much tougher under tournament conditions than they are normally , would be interesting to hold a medal the day after top tournament to see CSS

Paul

Was at Hoylake all day yesterday. Awesome weather. Had never seen the track before. Awesome golf course.

Pity the three ball I followed all played shite but at least one of them made the cut thanks to his first round.

Now in Bristol. Crazy fucking place. They were all pished by 6 and tons of dope getting toked in the streets.

Don't thick they know the Open is even on down here.

Rory is going supersonic after this. Delighted to see it. Love pure talent. Too many over-coached fucking idiots these days.

Great comment by Peter Alliss today. Rory, Sergio and Rickie all missed 17 left and all bogeyed, not one of them getting their pitch within 20 feet. They were all shocking approach shots. At least we got to hear Rory admit it was a bad decision in his interview. What the fuck is wrong with hitting a medium or short iron straight at it? No way they would have pulled it FIFTEEN YARDS LEFT.

God bless Peter Alliss. That's if God exists... but ye ken fit I mean.

they're just handing it to the wee tousled haired scamp. fowler hitting it in the rubbish wi serge didnae help.

6 shot lead, but McIlroy speaking like he's already won it, saying he'd be 3/4 on the way to the grand slam.

Dangerous stuff. Fat lady ain't sung yet. Plenty of time for that kinda talk after tomorrow.

Can't help but like the fella, however. Plays golf the way it's meant to be played; flair, power, amazing ball striking.

Would love Garcia to push him all the way but doubt it will happen

No idea how Bryden got in. Must have got in through an Australasia qualifier.

He beat Mikey Stewart in the final of the Amateur at Hillside about three years ago, a very special golf course.

NW of England the best golf in the universe.

Formby, S & A, Birkdale, Lytham, Hoylake, Wallasey, West Lancs, Hillside and many more.

Only stretch that comes close is Skibo, Nairn, Lossie, Broch, down to St Andrews and Kingsbarns including many others that are personal preference.

I love Buckpool. Peterheid is good fun. Can't stand Cruden Bay nor Dornoch personally (but the tourists love it) and used to love Montrose. Scotscraig is cool.

6 shot lead, but McIlroy speaking like he's already won it, saying he'd be 3/4 on the way to the grand slam.

Dangerous stuff. Fat lady ain't sung yet. Plenty of time for that kinda talk after tomorrow.

Can't help but like the fella, however. Plays golf the way it's meant to be played; flair, power, amazing ball striking.

Would love Garcia to push him all the way but doubt it will happen

Fuck off min. McIlroy has won this. He did it with a second consecutive 66. I seen him yesterday and he's DEFINITELY winning. Fowler not good enough to shoot 62 tomorrow and he's too good to shoot worse than 68 if he really needed to, especially in each other's company. This is wire-to-wire. I predict by at least 8.

Dinna worry about your attitude min if it produces 5 unders like last Sunday. Some of the best sportsmen in the world are very different people on the course / pitch / court than they are off it.

Good luck today, you never know you might get in for the weekend.

Wow. Good debate.

Here's my take on it.

Dinna suck his cock for 66. That was the AVERAGE score on Sunday for ALL of the top 15 finishers. The course had its punts doon.

Nobody is a different person on and off the field of battle. They are the same person, behaving in different ways.

I've not heard of many people Suarez has bitten in a restaurant or a shopping centre. Stick him in a competitive environment and he doesn't metamorphose into a different person, he assumes his natural competitive persona, which happens to manifest itself in winner-take-all, hate-the-opposition behaviour, in his case, using his tink to bite like a lickle girl.

His huddin his teeth after biting the Italian is one of the funniest memories in world cup fitba history.

Golfers who kick buckets and refuse autographs and interviews and who sulk after a bad round do so because of two reasons, neither of which are explicable by schizophrenia. The first reason is that their sense of competitiveness has been affronted, them being embarrassed or annoyed by the number they've just produced. That can be explained in positive terms.