France v Scotland

Going by McLeish's various interviews, Scotland will line up:

O'Connor

Brown

McCulloch Ferguson Fletcher McFadden/Hartley

Alexander Weir McManus Hutton

Gordon

Brown playing behind O'Connor sounds like a good idea, but I'm not confident about our defence. What McCulloch is doing in there when we have Maloney is beyond me, and as for the 'dilemma' between Hartley and McFadden I hope it's obvious who I'm wanting to knacker an ankle in the next 9 hours.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by McLeish's various interviews, Scotland will line up:

O'Connor

Brown

Gordon

Brown playing behind O'Connor sounds like a good idea, but I'm not confident about our defence. What McCulloch is doing in there when we have Maloney is beyond me, and as for the 'dilemma' between Hartley and McFadden I hope it's obvious who I'm wanting to knacker an ankle in the next 9 hours.

get hartley, alexander and mcculloch te feck.

3 very overated players.

And HUTTON for f*cks sake - the guy is a liability.

Utter pish.

agreed. but theres nobody else to play that position in the squad.

please dont suggest Caldwell or Graham Alexander.

what makes me laugh is the fact Alexander is in the squad still.

he's had no European experiance or premiership (i think) and isnt he now at Burnley?????????

Hoping it's just McLeish taking the piss like his leaked line-up for the last Italy match. McCulloch, Hartley, Hutton and Alexander shouldn't be anywhere near that team. Like I said above, I think Brown behind O'Connor could work, but I'm just realising I can't remember O'Connor doing anything but diving on Saturday - He was even lazier than Boyd, which is saying something. Hoping he raises game tonight.

I fear for us down the flanks, McEvely and Hutton were poor against Lithuania, Hutton especially second half. IMO he is nowhere near good enough defensively to be playing RB for Scotland. Much rather have Wilson or Hart who are better defensively. Whoever plays left wing for France (Malouda or Govou??) wil tear him a new arsehole tonight.

Read some reports it would be McFadden in the hole as opposed to Brown. Midfield are going to have to work like ***k to help out the defence. 0-0 is the best we can hope for.

I fear for us down the flanks, McEvely and Hutton were poor against Lithuania, Hutton especially second half. IMO he is nowhere near good enough defensively to be playing RB for Scotland. Much rather have Wilson or Hart who are better defensively. Whoever plays left wing for France (Malouda or Govou??) wil tear him a new arsehole tonight.

Read some reports it would be McFadden in the hole as opposed to Brown. Midfield are going to have to work like ***k to help out the defence. 0-0 is the best we can hope for.

Mcfadden in the hole would be alot better IMO.

need brown in midfield with fergie and fletcher (not a bad midfield)

I'd love to see Hart at right back, but even if I take off my red and white specs I'd have Wilson ahead of Hutton every time. Wilson isn't great but I've at least seen him produce some solid performances, as opposed to Hutton who manages to both be sh*te and act like an arse at every opportunity.

I've read numerous reports that McFadden will play just off the striker (most likely to be O'Connor) with a midfield including McCulloch who is presumably there due to his 'physical presence'. The French are worried about that aspect of our game and Maloney would not add weight (pardon the pun) to that situation.

Its not that important who plays surely, we are 90% likely to get horsed by at least 3 goals regardless of which scottish footballing genuis we field in the various wide positions front and back. They have world class players in wide forward positions we have Hutton and the like...its not too hard to see the outcome.

Guest redbrigade
O'Connor

Brown

Gordon

If O'Connor's in goals then he can't do any worse than he did on Saturday up front.

His lack of effort was astounding on Saturday just as it was against South Africa.

I was saying this even as far back as the Faroes at home! He came on as a sub against a piss poor side and if he really wanted to get a start he should have been putting in a sh*t lot more effort than he did and tried to score more goals but he was happy to just stroll about and wait for something to happen.

As for tonight, Weir is too slow, McManus may come unstuck like he did against Italy and Hutton and McEveley arent good enough. The midfield is going to have to play outstandingly well for us to have a chance of snatching a point. Sorry guys but my realism is kicking in!!

----------------------Gordon-----------------

Hutton Weir Mcmanus Mceveley

Hartley Brown Ferguson Fletcher McCulloch

----------------------Mcfadden-------------------------

Not my preferred selection but thats what I expect tonight.

I reckon McFadden in midfield with O'Connor up front.

It might not really matter about work rate for our chosen striker tonight. Both Boyd and O'Connor (recently) have been lazy c u n t s up front but in a game like tonights its all about getting one chance and having the bollocks to stick it in the net. Both can probably do that, Boyd more so.

Expecting:

---------------Gordon----------------

Alexander Weir McManus Caldwell

McCulloch Ferguson Brown Fletcher

-------------McFadden----------------

-------------O'Connor----------------

Would rather see Maloney in place of McCulloch

so would i, the guys a ***kin tart who is only useful for winning long balls. the way the pattern of the game should go tonight we have to retain possesion patiently.

hutton r.b (it makes me ashamed to support them), alexander l.b- possibly the two worst full-backs in the past few decades.

hartley will start ahead of mcfadden (another head-scratcher- hartley is always ineffective).

Guest TenementFunster

I suspect McLeish will stand with his usual "big fellas" throughout the team which probably means no McFadden or Maloney and may well see Caldwell back in the team.