France v Scotland

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just made it home from the pub - it's great having a mate who lives above the pub where you decide to watch the game and has a seemingly limitless supply of whisky!

So so proud. An unbelievable result. And Faddy's goal was a thing of beauty, again. I posted earlier that I was worried about him playing up front on his own - all I can say is that I'm absolutlely delighted to be proved wrong.

What a fxcking night. The Ormelie in Portobello where I watched the game was absolutely bouncing - superb atmosphere. I'm supposed to be on a training course at the Caley Hilton tomorrow morning 9am - odds on me making it, anyone...? :hysterical:

Only just made it home from the pub - it's great having a mate who lives above the pub where you decide to watch the game and has a seemingly limitless supply of whisky!

So so proud. An unbelievable result. And Faddy's goal was a thing of beauty, again. I posted earlier that I was worried about him playing up front on his own - all I can say is that I'm absolutlely delighted to be proved wrong.

What a fxcking night. The Ormelie in Portobello where I watched the game was absolutely bouncing - superb atmosphere. I'm supposed to be on a training course at the Caley Hilton tomorrow morning 9am - odds on me making it, anyone...? :hysterical:

:laughing: Googled Caley Hilton as thought you mean't you had to get to Inverness - when odds would have been nae chance!

Still nae convinced I shouldn't stick wi nae chance though! ;)

However, ... you are young (need less sleep!), you are on a high (result, and still alcohol in system.... try Extra breath strips before work!) and it's definitely going to be bouncing in Scottish workplaces today. Added bonus for you is a training course in a quality hotel. It's a hard life :drink:

Odds on you making it.... buy you a drink at Dnipro home game. U lose... you buy me one!

Guest TenementFunster
Hutton has proven me wrong on the last two games. Lad has been superb at right back and anybody who cant see that then take off your red tinted sun glasses. Give credit where credit is due.

He, like everyone else, played superbly. I don't think he has proved me wrong though. He still isn't the best right back at his club, never mind his country.

Guest TenementFunster
Goal of the decade, what a result, what a team, what a support! This is the best result Scotland have had in the 20 years I've been into football, even better than November 1999 when we horsed the English in their own backyard.

Without a doubt and to do the double dunt on the French is even sweeter after the Vogts game.

Nothing but admiration for that performance. Balls out, commanchees in a rape frenzy, looters in a riot type performance.

Without a doubt and to do the double dunt on the French is even sweeter after the Vogts game.

Nothing but admiration for that performance. Balls out, commanchees in a rape frenzy, looters in a riot type performance.

what my cousin said last night "at least d*ck turpin wore a mask".

i'm absolutly delighted. can't get the grin off my face

I agree, Hartley MOTM - outstanding.

I thought he was anonomys :S

Thought alexander was also poor as was fletcher.

Scott Brown, Hutton, Craig Gordon and Mcmanus were outstanding.

Scott brown my MOTM, but they all get 10 out of 10 in my book. He was EVERYWHERE.

Highlight for me was getting back in the car after the game and hearing Richard Gordon stating thet "Mcfadden hit the ball from all of 95 yards out and the keeper stood no chance whatsoever...".

Couple that with the texts that were coming in as a piss take to the Norway V England game backin the late eighties / early nineties -"*insert french item here*, your boys took one hell of a beating.....".

I'd also like to add that i've never seen David Trezeguet produce the goods in any game i've seen him play - was too afraid to say it last night in case he scored just to rub my nose in it!

And i agree with funster and stand by what i said about Alan Hutton. Well played last night, but one swallow does not a summer make. Incidentally, thats nothing to do with the fact he plays for Rangers, it's just that he's not very good.

Lets not beat around the bush its a fantastic result and most of the team played well.

But to hail them as world beaters when we only had one shot on target and the keeper should have stopped it is going a bit over the top.

France Were pish

Unbelievable! Just gutted that I had to watch it at home rather than being at the pub getting toasted. To be honest I didn't give us any chance at all of getting a result, thought France would beat us comfortably! McManus was MOM for me, absolute rock at the back. Paul Hartley- all is forgiven :scouser: Thought Pearson did well when he came on as well.

Unbelievable! Just gutted that I had to watch it at home rather than being at the pub getting toasted. To be honest I didn't give us any chance at all of getting a result, thought France would beat us comfortably! McManus was MOM for me, absolute rock at the back. Paul Hartley- all is forgiven :scouser: Thought Pearson did well when he came on as well.

Person did very well - always looking to go farward unlike fletcher who kept turning back

Lets not beat around the bush its a fantastic result and most of the team played well.

But to hail them as world beaters when we only had one shot on target and the keeper should have stopped it is going a bit over the top.

France Were pish

Aye, we all now officially think they'll win Euro 2008 :scouser:

And considering we were playing the world cup finalists you could, technically, call them world beaters.

I was too busy pooping my pants the whole game to be caring about individual performances, no single one of them stood out for me, but every last one of them scrapped and fought and gave us a result we can be proud of.

Regardless your thoughts and qualms about team selection over the last couple of games, we've come away with maximum points and you can ask for no more in a group where we've yet to "drop" points and arguably now gained 6-8 pts more than we could ever dreamed of by this point.

I was too busy pooping my pants the whole game to be caring about individual performances, no single one of them stood out for me, but every last one of them scrapped and fought and gave us a result we can be proud of.

Regardless your thoughts and qualms about team selection over the last couple of games, we've came away with maximum points and you can ask for no more in a group where we've yet to "drop" points and arguably now gained 6-8 pts more than we could ever dreamed of by this point.

When i saw the draw to start with i though we would finish 4th Scotland have given themselves a real chance to qualify.

From the Daily Record today

Two other members of the Tartan Army had to be fished out of the River Seine.

They were swimming in the water - not noted for being particularly clean - as the celebrations got under way.

A police spokesman said the two would need hospital checks and possible jags if they had swallowed any of the water.

One team of Scots certainly got a result in Paris - as VIP guests at the world-famous Moulin Rouge.

Bosses treated four members of the Tartan Army to prime seats for the topless finale, then whisked them backstage to meet the girls from the famous Can-Can.

Moulin Rouge publicity director Fanny Rabasse said she was happy to welcome the Scots After meeting the girls, Euan Henderson, 35, of Aberdeen, gasped: "They don't have lassies like that in Newmachar!"

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/news/tm_...-name_page.html

From the Daily Record today

Two other members of the Tartan Army had to be fished out of the River Seine.

They were swimming in the water - not noted for being particularly clean - as the celebrations got under way.

A police spokesman said the two would need hospital checks and possible jags if they had swallowed any of the water.

One team of Scots certainly got a result in Paris - as VIP guests at the world-famous Moulin Rouge.

Bosses treated four members of the Tartan Army to prime seats for the topless finale, then whisked them backstage to meet the girls from the famous Can-Can.

Moulin Rouge publicity director Fanny Rabasse said she was happy to welcome the Scots After meeting the girls, Euan Henderson, 35, of Aberdeen, gasped: "They don't have lassies like that in Newmachar!"

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/news/tm_...-name_page.html

:scouser: Loving the name.

When i saw the draw to start with i though we would finish 4th Scotland have given themselves a real chance to qualify.

You would hope that by beating both Ukraine and Gerogia (big ask) we could qualify.

Imagine doing that. losing to Italy and not qualifiying with 27 points. That would be a major eye roll.