France v Scotland

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One important implication of this result....

WE NO LONGER NEED TO BEAT ITALY

Guaranteed, 2 wins v Georgia and Ukraine leaves us only needing to draw with Italy at Hampden - regardless of what France do now. We would be 9 points ahead of where they are now with 3 to play and head to head record counting before goal difference.

France trip up at all v Ukraine or Lithuania and we can afford to lose to Italy.

Who'd have thunk it :hysterical:

I think I'm delirious

Oh, and here's a link to the Faddy goal

Faddy

Ya Dancer!

Still think we'll need 6 points at least out of the remaining 9 to qualify.

Ukraine at home - massive - must win - game as France play Faroes and Italy play Georgia

Georgia away -

Italy at home - sneaky idea that we'll need something from this game..

Also, we might well require Ukraine to do us a favour and beat france on the last day

Saturday, 13 October 2007

Faroe Islands v France

Italy v Georgia

Scotland v Ukraine

Wednesday, 17 October 2007

France v Lithuania

Georgia v Scotland

Saturday, 17 November 2007

Scotland v Italy

Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Italy v Faroe Islands

Ukraine v France

Ya Dancer!

Still think we'll need 6 points at least out of the remaining 9 to qualify.

Ukraine at home - massive - must win - game as France play Faroes and Italy play Georgia

Georgia away -

Italy at home - sneaky idea that we'll need something from this game..

Also, we might well require Ukraine to do us a favour and beat france on the last day

Saturday, 13 October 2007

Faroe Islands v France

Italy v Georgia

Scotland v Ukraine

Wednesday, 17 October 2007

France v Lithuania

Georgia v Scotland

Saturday, 17 November 2007

Scotland v Italy

Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Italy v Faroe Islands

Ukraine v France

Got to think that France and Italy will easily win their next 2 games each, so the Ukraine v France game may be they key for us!!

Headline news on the BBC Sport website just now:

"Owen Goals Secures England Win" :tossr:

Tossers, you wouldn't think we'd beaten the world cup finalists.*

* Twice, ya pr ic ks!

In fairness it's now "McFadden earns Scots stunning win" with the second story being "McLeish delighted with Paris win".

I was mightily pleased with the result, just gutted that I spent the game working at my local, which was next to being dead, with the England game on the telly as a result of us not having Sky. Had to rely on friends watching to let me know what was happening. I would much rather have been down in Aberdeen in a full pub of fans.

Bloody hell what a night. I never thought we'd win tonight, a draw would in my book have been a great result. Its been years since I've been this emotional after a Scotland game. Top of our group after 9 games - not many would have predicted that.

Three games to go, we have a great chance now.

I will always remember this game as the one where I was too ill to go out to watch game, only have 'council telly' and had to listen on radio and celebrate with a lucozade!

Did manage a wee :laughing: around when commentators calmed down enough to confirm it was a goal though!!

Top of the group after 9 games?, ... feckin unbelievable!. Don't think anyone would have predicted that.

If anyone did I hope they put money on it before being sectioned for delusional ideation!! :hysterical:

Guest El Padre

I had to listen to the game on the radio in my van, running back and forth every five/ten minutes to find out wha was going on. We scored as I walked away to sort some stuff out so I didnt get to celebrate it as it happened! :hysterical:

Still, f*cking great result!