Joe Lewis - Signs 2 Year Deal

New source but giving benefit of the doubt.

Flood to Dundee Utd - probably permanent

Smith to Dundee Utd - Probably loan

Rogers to Hibs on loan

Tansey in

Flood - i'd keep.

Smith - Loan

Rogers - Might as well loan now.

Tansey - dunno.

If we lose Flood and Smith, along with Robson, we're going to be pretty short in the centre of the park if injuries hit so we need at least 2 midfielders in.

I know that video was just a small run but to me he should be catching some (not all) of those balls. I suppose the positive is he palms a lot of them away from danger. As long as he does that we'll be alright.

Good luck to the guy, he'll need it.

I noticed alot of the saves from close in, although good and he stopped a goal, seemed to go through him. Not so much getting a toe on it and round the post but more like just getting something on it and the ball bobbling round about the goal. But i suppose better than clangers, Brown and the other dick we had last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Flood needs replacing although as I've said before Tansey could walk past me in the street and I wouldn't recognise him - maybe that's his role. I can't get that beardy fucker out of my head that we decided to treat like Pirlo in the last game at Inverness.

Dig and drive is what we need, desperately. Jack does not and will not ever give us it. Flood, on his game, definitely does but is too injury prone which I think hurts his confidence and hence his game the majority of the time.

Would be a good move for Smiffy - would make or break him which is what he needs at this stage.

He was in goal for Blackpool in their final season in the Championship, the season where they started with 6 senior players or something daft like that.

The only reason they stopped playing him is because they would have had to pay Cardiff a fee if he played one more game for them.

so we've signed 2 goalies, 2 strikers and 1 Defender. We could still do with a solid CM and another winger to complement McGinn and Hayes with Wright also getting some game time.

I think we'll see Storey played out wide more than through the middle. Rooney and Stockley to compete for upfront, Storey, Hayes and McGinn to compete for the wings

A few years back while at Peterborough, Joe Lewis was being touted as the next big thing, he was kind of like the Jack Butland of the mid-00s, much sought-after but alas no Premier League team took a punt on him. He is a good keeper and while I'm sure he will have weaknesses, he's got a decent reputation and will be keen to prove he does actually have what it takes.

I think this is a good signing and I think having Alexander as a very experienced back-up could turn out to be a brilliant move for Lewis, Rogers and the club in general.

Optimism. I like it.

By all accounts had a poor year this year... but has done well previously in the SPFL.

I know the name, but I honestly couldn't tell you anything about him. Other than he's a midfielder and we have been trying to sign him.

Joe Lewis is a keeper I've signed for the Dons many a time on the football manager games. Nae that that has anything to do with real life

Here are some highlights of the "England goalkeeper".

So he's a bit of a unit, and has decent reflexes. Well that's a good start.

Good thing from that video montage is that every time (bar perhaps one) he gets the ball well away from the danger area.

Failure to undertake this task being a perpetual and irritating trait of recent incompetents, Brown and Langfield.

Until you mentioned being 'trumped' by the signing of Barton, I was preparing to listen to another of your rambles and see your point of view. But no, you're almost making Shoofa seem sensible

Barton or Jack? I know which one I'd choose.

Choose away, but meanwhile back on planet reality, we haven't been trumped by the Huns signing a player we have no interest in or any realistic chance of signing.

What's your thoughts Shoofta?

Choose away, but meanwhile back on planet reality, we haven't been trumped by the Huns signing a player we have no interest in or any realistic chance of signing.

What's your thoughts Shoofta?

Who said anything about us being interested in him? Not that you would know anyway. My point is that Sevco have signed a Premiership class player, albeit reaching the prime of his career. If McInnes had announced his signing before the hun, I'm sure every single one of us would have been happy with that.

Who said anything about us being interested in him? Not that you would know anyway. My point is that Sevco have signed a Premiership class player, albeit reaching the prime of his career. If McInnes had announced his signing before the hun, I'm sure every single one of us would have been happy with that.

Are Sevco now the benchmark of how to manage transfer policy and wage bills then? I suppose it's true that unlike the now non-existent Rangers they have never been banished to the 3rd division due to a cavalier and reckless approach to financial management.

• Upvote 1

His prime?

Are you trying to win and create shittest argument of the month? You're right I wouldn't "know" if we were interested in Joey Barton, I'm sort of basing it on the fact that we aren't going to blow our entire playing budget on a self-hyped "premiership class" player.

Try reading what I said again you spangle

His prime?

Aye, wrong word, I meant the twilight of his career. I think the prime has long gone, but he's still well capable of being a stand out in the SPFL.

Are you trying to win and create shittest argument of the month? You're right I wouldn't "know" if we were interested in Joey Barton, I'm sort of basing it on the fact that we aren't going to blow our entire playing budget on a self-hyped "premiership class" player.

Try reading what I said again you spangle

You cast doubt on my use of the word 'trumped'. Who said anything about wages. Who's to say a player of his ilk would not sign for Aberdeen for less wages? Perhaps someone of his quality would sign for us, on half what they are paying him. Who knows.

All I'm saying is that we have signed diddly squat as a motivational player in midfield, and the jumped up bigots from Govan have signed a hard ass quality player. A bit like Scott Brown (albeit he's a couple of seasons past his best), we need someone in that mould. Ryan Jack aint that guy. Neither is Kenny McLean. Perhaps we DO need to blow our budget on someone like Robson - but Robson 5-8 years ago, not the Robson we signed, who's legs were already almost gone.

Leaving the Barton argument aside, I do think it vital that Aberdeen make a statement of intent by signing a 'stellar' player in midfield. One that will command respect. One that will allow the likes of Jack to flourish. One who won't take any bollocks from refs or opposition hard men. A Rico, a Deano, a Simmie. Feck me, we were rolled over twice last season by Hearts, one ending our cup run, for that very reason. So sure, blow 2 or 3 wages on a Barton type signing. We've been sorely lacking one for many a year. Will help the team, help sell season tickets, and hey, may see us actually win something instead of having the tag of 'best of the rest'.

You cast doubt on my use of the word 'trumped'. Who said anything about wages. Who's to say a player of his ilk would not sign for Aberdeen for less wages? Perhaps someone of his quality would sign for us, on half what they are paying him. Who knows.

All I'm saying is that we have signed diddly squat as a motivational player in midfield, and the jumped up bigots from Govan have signed a hard ass quality player. A bit like Scott Brown (albeit he's a couple of seasons past his best), we need someone in that mould. Ryan Jack aint that guy. Neither is Kenny McLean. Perhaps we DO need to blow our budget on someone like Robson - but Robson 5-8 years ago, not the Robson we signed, who's legs were already almost gone.

Leaving the Barton argument aside, I do think it vital that Aberdeen make a statement of intent by signing a 'stellar' player in midfield. One that will command respect. One that will allow the likes of Jack to flourish. One who won't take any bollocks from refs or opposition hard men. A Rico, a Deano, a Simmie. Feck me, we were rolled over twice last season by Hearts, one ending our cup run, for that very reason. So sure, blow 2 or 3 wages on a Barton type signing. We've been sorely lacking one for many a year. Will help the team, help sell season tickets, and hey, may see us actually win something instead of having the tag of 'best of the rest'.

Tansey fits the bill perfectly.

@@ebbe

Aye, wrong word, I meant the twilight of his career. I think the prime has long gone, but he's still well capable of being a stand out in the SPFL.

Hopefully he'll be more of a Flo, a Kazeem-Richards, Roy Keane, Stuart Slater, Ian Wright, Olivier Bernard, Faye, Jeffers...Christ this could run and run.

*crosses fingers*

:poster_oops::tax::suicide:

Hopefully he'll be more of a Flo, a Kazeem-Richards, Roy Keane, Stuart Slater, Ian Wright, Olivier Bernard, Faye, Jeffers...Christ this could run and run.

*crosses fingers*

:poster_oops::tax::suicide:

Which of the arse cheeks did he play for? I honestly can't remember, shows what impact he made then