Films

Watching Equilibrium just now. Think of 1984 crossed with Brave New World, multiplied by many John Woo movies and you're pretty much there. Fuckin incredible: 9/10 and I'm nae even halfway through yet.

Yep, Equilibrium scores a solid 9/10. Incredible movie.

No one cares.

Watched St Vincent after the LGIR recommendation, top film, the speech at the end had me fighting back the tears, I was moved, despite it's thin plotline I'd give it 9/10, the acting by Murray is immense.

Thanks LGIR, a great watch.

I have emotions min!! :)

Watch the speech then come back and tell me you weren't a little moved!!! :swear:

It's total nonsense that flirts with the chick-flick border.

Southpaw. Excellent.

Jakey G- fine actor.

Straight outta Compton, Ok but could have been better, music was great but I thought it kind of lost its way half way through, still a 7/10.

Southpaw, much as above, had the makings of a great film but didn't really build up to the fight at the end, I suspect poor editing, the wife got killed but there was no mention of revenge or wanting to get the guy who killed her, as above I thought it lost its way, 6/10.

Straight outta Compton, Ok but could have been better, music was great but I thought it kind of lost its way half way through, still a 7/10.

Southpaw, much as above, had the makings of a great film but didn't really build up to the fight at the end, I suspect poor editing, the wife got killed but there was no mention of revenge or wanting to get the guy who killed her, as above I thought it lost its way, 6/10.

Happy with my decision to watch this two nights ago now.

• Upvote 2

Had a bit of a movie marathon this weekend. Couple of old school ones thrown in.

Saturday watched Ghostbusters 2 (bird had never seen it) then at night she wanted to watch Pride (the one about the gays and the miners). It was surprisingly ok. Not bad storyline And not too gay. Went to bed and watched Meet the Fockers in bed.

Watched Gone Girl this afternoon. Thought it was really good. I'd give it a steady 8.5/10 maybe even pushing a 9.

Watching the Wales game just now but will have a trawl through sky and see what to watch tonight.

Sorry folks, unintentional.

Gone girl, slow start, really crap ending but the middle was excellent, she was one crazy bitch, I think after she turned up from being missing he shouldn't have taken her back, was hoping she would get done for murder for what she did to her ex with a box cutter, don't understand why he stayed with her at the end, just puzzling. 7/10.

Was relieved Ben was found to be innocent, would have been a shocker getting the death penalty for a crime he didn't commit.

Sorry folks, unintentional.

Gone girl, slow start, really crap ending but the middle was excellent, she was one crazy bitch, I think after she turned up from being missing he shouldn't have taken her back, was hoping she would get done for murder for what she did to her ex with a box cutter, don't understand why he stayed with her at the end, just puzzling. 7/10.

Was relieved Ben was found to be innocent, would have been a shocker getting the death penalty for a crime he didn't commit.

Hmm... #SmellyBantz

Stop trying too hard,

I won't bother now.

The 'best' spoiler was whoever posted about the last batman film...saying it was obvious that one character was a 'baddie'

I always remember the bus stop beside the Gillanders roundabout in BoD having a Usual Suspects poster on it and someone had written "it wiz him" above Keyser Soze. Top spoiling.