Films

I'm on D-Day overload at the moment. Watched Saving Private Ryan again last week and 3 episodes in to Band of Brothers which i bought at the weekend. Also bought some film called Days of Glory purely because it was five bucks and billed as the best war film since Saving Private Ryan.

Anyone seen Tsotsi? Also picked that up for a fiver, remember seeing the trailer and wanting to catch it but not quite managing. It's along the lines of City of God i think.

At the cinema i'm liking the look of Slumdog Millionaire and Sex Drive :applause: Both got pretty good reviews.

Got this for Christmas. It was one of those films I missed when it was in the cinema, and fancied seeing. It is a subtitled film which requires extra concentration. It's a nae bad film, which gives an insight into why there are so many issues in France with North Africans today. In short it shows the French up as racist cxnts!

Watched 'The Big Lebowski' last night. Thought it was going to be amazing after hearing folk talking about it but I thought it was pretty average. I was falling asleep though so missed a wee bits of it.

Got a few things recorded from Sky I will watch over the next couple of weeks including 300 and Blood Diamond (saw this in the cinema and thought it was brilliant).

I only seen Big Lebowski once, years ago and thought it was the biggest load of baws ever.

Blood Diamond is an excellent film though, what a brutal opening, bit like Saving Private Ryan.

Also bought Iron Man, is that any good? I've heard it's ok and sometimes a no brainer is just what you need on a Sunday night.

Watched this on a flight in Oct. Was o.k, as you've heard, pretty much a no-brainer. Passed the time on the flight anyway, but wouldn't be ina hurry to watch it again. However, not really my sort of film in the first place.

Got this for Christmas. It was one of those films I missed when it was in the cinema, and fancied seeing. It is a subtitled film which requires extra concentration. It's a nae bad film, which gives an insight into why there are so many issues in France with North Africans today. In short it shows the French up as racist cxnts!

Days of Glory is excellent and moving film.

It's set near the end of the war when De Gaulle began a recruiting drive in North Africa that attracted some 230,000 men to sign up.

Many had never set foot in the "fatherland", which they now swore, so fervently, to liberate. The ensuing campaign, which pushed north from Provence as far as Alsace, played a critical role in the war, diverting Nazi resources from both the Allied offensive in the West and the Soviet army on the Eastern front. In 1945, these soldiers were briefly hailed as heroes. Soon afterwards, however, while the Normandy landings and the battle of Stalingrad were enshrined in history books, the Arm

Jacques Chirac watched it at a Premiere and was so moved that he reinstated the Algerian soldier's war pensions after 40 years and the recognition that these men sought is gradually being received.

Thanks for that Dodgy, I didn't know that about Chirac.

Thing is was he really moved, or was he politically embarrassed.

If it took a film to stimulate action, then I suspect the latter.

Jacques Chirac watched it at a Premiere and was so moved that he reinstated the Algerian soldier's war pensions after 40 years and the recognition that these men sought is gradually being received.

agreed. its a cracking film

Watched a crackin war one - The Great Escape - Steve McQueen's in it.

Anyone else seen it ?

no when's the release date??

Thanks for that Dodgy, I didn't know that about Chirac.

Thing is was he really moved, or was he politically embarrassed.

If it took a film to stimulate action, then I suspect the latter.

Roschdy Zem one of the actors in the film described it as 'a lame-duck president exploiting a media event.'

The Director Rachid Bouchareb downplayed the role of the film in securing the decision.

"Thousands of people had been lobbying for this for 40 years," he notes. "War widows, veterans' associations, African heads of state, the European Court of Justice. We were the straw that broke Chirac's back. He did his sums. He said to himself, 'Well, we must be talking about 80,000 people still alive - that's

Roschdy Zem one of the actors in the film described it as 'a lame-duck president exploiting a media event.'

The Director Rachid Bouchareb downplayed the role of the film in securing the decision.

"Thousands of people had been lobbying for this for 40 years," he notes. "War widows, veterans' associations, African heads of state, the European Court of Justice. We were the straw that broke Chirac's back. He did his sums. He said to himself, 'Well, we must be talking about 80,000 people still alive - that's

watched a few more recently-

The deer hunter- really good war film which focuses more on the effects of war rather than on battle scenes.

The huster- not just a pool film but a really good story to go along with it.

the hostel- ok horror film

blade runner- brialliant film, watched the 2007 final cut version, apparently there are five in total, the tears in the rain speech was a great scene.

Bender's big score- first futurama film and I really enjoyed it, way better than the simpsons movie.

Watched Eagle Eye last night. Bit of a rehash of Enemy of the State.

Yeah i wanted to go and see that in the cinema (can't remember why i didn't tbh), looked good in the trailer, but then again so did Zodiac!!!

Enemy Of The State is one of my all-time favourites, the Smith is very good in it but Hackman is the master :laughing:

Yeah i wanted to go and see that in the cinema (can't remember why i didn't tbh), looked good in the trailer, but then again so did Zodiac!!!

Enemy Of The State is one of my all-time favourites, the Smith is very good in it but Hackman is the master :crossfingers:

Aw, come on - Zodiac was fantastic. A bit of a slow-burner but that's no bad thing. Also it's got Robert Downey Jr so it's got to be good.

Fargo is probably the Coen's best film - a thriller and darkly comic. William H Macy & Frances McDormand both really memorable performances.

I got it for a tenner from Gamestation on Blu-Ray, lovely jubbely. :hysterical:

Last film i watched was Cass.

West Ham Casuals again but it was bloody brilliant. :lolrangers:

just watched it as well ,quite enjoyed it.

just away to sit down and watch Defiance downloaded it today :crossfingers: ,will see if its any good.

Last film i watched was Cass.

West Ham Casuals again but it was bloody brilliant. :wtf:

Watched this in the cinema, thought it was pretty good. Bit of a different take on the whole Football Factory/Green Street angle, more the story of the guys life. Which was a bit of an eye-opener to see the sort of back ground he came from.

Guest SS RED
Watched this in the cinema, thought it was pretty good. Bit of a different take on the whole Football Factory/Green Street angle, more the story of the guys life. Which was a bit of an eye-opener to see the sort of back ground he came from.

To be fair Green Street is THEE worst film I have ever seen in my life so it could only get better. Football Factory was alright, it just consisted on catch phrase after catch phrase, a decent watch nonetheless. Cass I thought was ok, a bit boring and it could have had a lot more in it but he chose to have him sitting speaking to his mum and dad instead.

You seen Rise Of The Foot Soldier?

To be fair Green Street is THEE worst film I have ever seen in my life so it could only get better. Football Factory was alright, it just consisted on catch phrase after catch phrase, a decent watch nonetheless. Cass I thought was ok, a bit boring and it could have had a lot more in it but he chose to have him sitting speaking to his mum and dad instead.

You seen Rise Of The Foot Soldier?

Ach GS gets bad press. It is basically a hollywood take of the genre, but it was alright I thought.

RotFS, pretty mental that film. Not sure how true to the actual story of the Rettendon shootings it is, but thought it was a good film. The bit where Millwall are waiting for them at the tube station, wearing the surgeons masks with the machetes and meat cleavers is mental, if not maybe a bit OTT.