Films

Do any of you know how you take a screen shot of your page and then you can open it up in paint?

You can take a screen shot by holding down the function key, alt key and print screen keys together (at least on my laptop running Vista you can). This will copy it to your clipboard. Not sure what you mean about opening in paint though. You can copy it to Word, say, by pressing control and the 'v' letter (paste) simultaneously.

Press the print screen button. Open Paint, go to Edit>Paste and voila!

That isn;t working I am pressing the pr scr button and got pain open but still isn't working? HELP.

You can take a screen shot by holding down the function key, alt key and print screen keys together (at least on my laptop running Vista you can). This will copy it to your clipboard. Not sure what you mean about opening in paint though. You can copy it to Word, say, by pressing control and the 'v' letter (paste) simultaneously.

Whats the function key? And where is clipboard found?

Whats the function key? And where is clipboard found?

The function key is usually at the bottom left of the keyboard, next to the control key. It is usually labelled "fn". By clipboard I just mean internal memory; much like when you copy and paste in word. The image is saved to memory, so you are able to paste it into whatever application you want.

For Word, for example -

Click on the application you wish to take a screen shot of.

Press fn, alt and print screen at the same time.

Open word

Ensure you have a new and blank document open.

Press Ctrl and 'v' (or edit - > paste).

The principle should be the same for paint, or whatever....

edit: Here's a link for XP http://windows.about.com/od/keyboardshortc...screen_shot.htm which is roughly the same, minus the fn key (which may be specific to my machine).

The function key is usually at the bottom left of the keyboard, next to the control key. It is usually labelled "fn". By clipboard I just mean internal memory; much like when you copy and paste in word. The image is saved to memory, so you are able to paste it into whatever application you want.

For Word, for example -

Click on the application you wish to take a screen shot of.

Press fn, alt and print screen at the same time.

Open word

Ensure you have a new and blank document open.

Press Ctrl and 'v' (or edit - > paste).

The principle should be the same for paint, or whatever....

edit: Here's a link for XP http://windows.about.com/od/keyboardshortc...screen_shot.htm which is roughly the same, minus the fn key (which may be specific to my machine).

Thanks alot mate, finally got it to work.

Can't beat a quiet night in watching Colin Farrell judo chop a midget.

Seen this in the cinema, but watched it again on Saturday night. Good wee film, some funny dialogue between Farrell and the other guy. Weird hearing him actually talk in his native accent in a film for a change!

Went to see The Wrestler last night, possibly the most over-hyped, over-rated film of all time! There was absolutely no storyline to it, was just him and his sad life. I just felt sorry for the poor knut all through the film.

Can't believe the rave reviews it's been getting, o.k Mickey Rourke gave a great performance, but apart from that there was nothing to the film. Definitely wouldn't recommend it. :spunk:

Went to see The Wrestler last night, possibly the most over-hyped, over-rated film of all time! There was absolutely no storyline to it, was just him and his sad life. I just felt sorry for the poor knut all through the film.

Can't believe the rave reviews it's been getting, o.k Mickey Rourke gave a great performance, but apart from that there was nothing to the film. Definitely wouldn't recommend it. :P

Oh dear, I'm planning to see it on Wednesday. :spunk:

Finally saw No Country for Old Men Last night. Didn't get it. Or assumed I missed something. I expect far more from the Cohen brothers. Not a straight forward cat and mouse story. Maybe a subtlety that was lost on me? Won loads of awards so I guess I am in the minority.

On a more positive note, the fantastic Enemy at the Gates is on BBC1 in 10 mins.

Finally saw No Country for Old Men Last night. Didn't get it. Or assumed I missed something. I expect far more from the Cohen brothers. Not a straight forward cat and mouse story. Maybe a subtlety that was lost on me? Won loads of awards so I guess I am in the minority.

On a more positive note, the fantastic Enemy at the Gates is on BBC1 in 10 mins.

I really enjoyed No Country, although I am not sure I completely 'got it'. It's full of metaphors about life and death and ageing etc. the sort of film that intrigues me and I want to find out more about it. I certainly need to watch it again.

As for Enemy at the Gates, is that the one with Jude Law in it?

I really enjoyed No Country, although I am not sure I completely 'got it'. It's full of metaphors about life and death and ageing etc. the sort of film that intrigues me and I want to find out more about it. I certainly need to watch it again.

As for Enemy at the Gates, is that the one with Jude Law in it?

I just expected more. I suspect if I watched it again and was sober I might get something that I missed this time? It was ok, I'm just not sure that if it wasn't directed by the Cohen brothers it would have got such aclaim.

Yeah. WW2 film. Stalingrad I think. Jude Law. Ed Harris. And the fit Rachel Weisz. Some decent battle scenes and a good story.

Oh dear, I'm planning to see it on Wednesday. :spunk:

Well maybe I'm missing something, but 2 mates I went to see it with didn't think much of it either and middle aged couple beside us walked out after 20 mins (although it was after a scene where him and another guy were ripping each other to shreds with barb wire!) You may enjoy it, but I just really can't see what the fuss is all about and was more disappointed because I expected so much more from it.

I didn't really get it either, maybe I'm just dense when it comes to films though (see my comments on the Wrestler above!)

Why would you want to watch that when Waynes World is on E4!?!?!

I just expected more. I suspect if I watched it again and was sober I might get something that I missed this time? It was ok, I'm just not sure that if it wasn't directed by the Cohen brothers it would have got such aclaim.

Yeah. WW2 film. Stalingrad I think. Jude Law. Ed Harris. And the fit Rachel Weisz. Some decent battle scenes and a good story.

Not so sure, 'The Big Lebowski' is (IMO) one of the greatest films of all time and I don't think it did that well in the cinema and didn't win many awards. And that was post 'Fargo' as well.

Why would you want to watch that when Waynes World is on E4!?!?!

I just turned over from Ali G in Da House. Which appealed to my child like sense of humour. Wasn't terrible. But I'm a WW2 junkie.

Not so sure, 'The Big Lebowski' is (IMO) one of the greatest films of all time and I don't think it did that well in the cinema and didn't win many awards. And that was post 'Fargo' as well.

I'll go out on a limb here and say O Brother Where Art Tho is one of my favourite films of all time. Just love the way it was shot. And some of the dialogue is brilliant. 'The Big Lebowski' was good as well. That's more the sort of films I'm talking about. A bit funky. A bit imaginative.

I'll go out on a limb here and say O Brother Where Art Tho is one of my favourite films of all time. Just love the way it was shot. And some of the dialogue is brilliant. 'The Big Lebowski' was good as well. That's more the sort of films I'm talking about. A bit funky. A bit imaginative.

I know what you mean. Pulp Fiction-esque.

watched 'rock n rolla' on friday. very good friday night entertainment. would recommend it to those who enjoyed classics such as 'snatch'.

TBH I thought Snatch is ten times better than rock n rolla.