Introductions Section

Guest LondonScottish

One of my Great-Granda's duties as a policeman was to work at Pittodrie from when it first opened.

His son (my Granda) bought a season ticket upon his return from WW I and held it for 63 consecutive years until he died in his 90th year just 5 weeks after enjoying watching his beloved Dons lift the ECWC.

It was he who took me to my first games in the late Sixties to see the likes of Robb, Buchan, and Forrest.

My Granda's eldest son (my Uncle Jim) was on Aberdeen's first Scottish Junior Cup winning side (Sunnybank) in 1953-54 (and actually played in 3 games for Aberdeen). He lost 6 of his prime footballing years (18-24) due to serving in WW II which put a hamper on any pro footballing career.

My family emigrated to Canada when I was just 8, but got to visit Pittodrie again on a holiday in 1973.

I ended up moving back to Aberdeen by myself for a couple of years when I was 21 and 22 in 1982 and 1983.

Great timing for a Dandy.

I saw the Dons against every European team except Sion.

I was in Munich and I was also at Pittodrie's greatest game.

My cousin and I (along with 4 of his friends) were on the St. Clair. :trophy:

My whole family is Aberdeen through and through.

I go to Aberdeen games when I'm home.

I usually buy a top or get one sent over.

I have RedTV (and am off work today for the match v Celtic).

I'll hopefully be coming home in April for a couple of weeks and will take in all Dons games home and away.

(Been following AFC Chat for quite a while and have decide to say 'hello'.)

Hi Scotty,

My Granda used to play for Huntly.

He was signed by Arsenal just before he was called up for National Service, however when he returned 2 years later he was told that he was then "too old".

What I'm trying to ask here is that i'll be in Toronto during the Dumbarton game, where can I find a pub showing this?

Kind Regards,

Dave

He actually took my Uncle's place in the final.

My Uncle Jim (Munro) played up until the semi. (He was 39 at the time.)

I actually spoke to Teddy about in 1992 when I was back visiting.

I had gone in past Pittodrie to say hello to Alex Smith.

I had got to know him from Mexico 86.

We were both on our own (staying at the same hotel) and ended up drinking together.

I asked him after a couple of days what he did back home.

He said that he worked for Stirling Albion Football Club.

"Really? What do you do for them?"

"I'm the manager."

:poster_oops:

Thought it was a coincidence. I haven't even been on that site since 2011. FE was annoying me with temporary bans for arguing with huns. A shame really, because I missed the opportunity to rub the eventual demise in their ugly, dirty faces.

I think I used to debate with you a bit about religious beliefs, stick to The Dons over here!!

Hi all, I am a new member and family member of one of your new loan players as you will probably guess from my username.

I really enjoy reading all your posts, I must say you seem like a friendly bunch with a great sense of humour. We have not yet been able to get to any matches but will be there for the final. We consider ourselves honoured to be part of your club at this most exciting time.

hi all

fife based fan - used to holiday in Aberdeen and stonehaven as a kid in the 80's

first started attending games in 90s with my old mans second cousin -best memory of that time was mid 90's when we beat utd and sealed their relegation will remember the drive down the road and through Dundee city for a long time.

don't get to as many games as I would like to

Kent-based Don here.

My dad and family are from Stonehaven and used to visit every year throughout the 90s. Uncle and cousin would take me and my brother along to games. Despite an early run that included a defeat to zalgiris vilnius and 0-0 draws with Raith Rovers, somehow I loved every time we could go. First win I saw was 4-2 home to Motherwell when Zerouali was doing the business. I remember my favourite Christmas present was also a living design home shirt with Windass printed on the back.

Try to make a couple of games a year - but recently not been able to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my fellow sheep.

I Am 80s Don, originally born in Aberdeen, but now staying in Kirkcaldy.

Been following the Dons since oh let me hink.....too long too remember.

Unfortunatley due to work commitments I didn't get to many games from mid 90s...but now im getting back into the swing of it again.

And I must say...after all the cup victories ive witnessed....winning the league cup recently brought a tear to my eye...43,000 Aberdeen fans I thank you for a wonderful day.....let the good times roll.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Morning All.

Just registered - Long time Dons fan or why else would i be here.

While searching something else i saw this forum and a photo of my old physics teacher Firth the peado as someones avatar caught my eye - figured i would take a look around.

So Hello from me :hypno:

It's no avatar. Boboisared is the mannie Firth.

• 4 weeks later...

Morning All.

Just registered - Long time Dons fan or why else would i be here.

While searching something else i saw this forum and a photo of my old physics teacher Firth the peado as someones avatar caught my eye - figured i would take a look around.

So Hello from me :hypno:

Welcome.

Couldna find a Mannie Nugent photo. Waayyyyy the beast.