Introductions Section

Guest LondonScottish

But is it ok to have it?

SKY is the main contributor to the EPL Deal with £4.176bn portion of the £5.136 bn deal.

SKY Charges for it's Sports Package and I gather it increased after they signed the deal.

BT Sport is free at source if you are a BT Broadband Customer

SKY are the main reason for the huge disparity between North and South it is they who have created the problem.

BT have only recently joined the party.

If we can affect SKY we can affect the problem.

SKY is the main contributor to the EPL Deal with £4.176bn portion of the £5.136 bn deal.

SKY Charges for it's Sports Package and I gather it increased after they signed the deal.

BT Sport is free at source if you are a BT Broadband Customer

SKY are the main reason for the huge disparity between North and South it is they who have created the problem.

BT have only recently joined the party.

If we can affect SKY we can affect the problem.

Will you please just answer my question:

Is it ok for me to have BT Sport?

AllI can do is reiterate to all of you if we sit back and do nothing then nothing will change.

If we leave it to Doncaster and Co fuck all will happen.

Football has been whored out to the highest bidder the fans had no say in this.

The highest bidder namely SKY now holds the cards has done for a long time.

That is until now because the deal they have signed is heavily dependant on it's Customers paying their way and in Scotland that means £500m /year in Subs.

Over the next 4 years SKY will take £2bn in Subs from Scottish Subscribers.

In the same time we will receive £54m in return for our TV rights.

Whilst the EPL receives £5.163bn

You think that's wrong then join a growing number who actually care about the health of our Game and send them a message.

Mines was cancelled many moons ago for the exact same reason.

My money will go into my Club not fund the EPL's sick running costs.

Do the right thing and Cancel today.

Been saying this for years, Sky sell themselves as having basically invented modern football but the truth is they have in a short space of time completely ruined it.

Totally agree tup .

The only way fans can affect this by cancelling Collectively and sending them a message directly that they cannot ignore.

Money Talks.

Hearts received roughly £750k last Season when relegated to the Championship.

Norwich Fulham and Cardiff each received £60m

That's £180m for failure this was to be paid over 4 years

That's now been changed to 2 years.

Meaning a team promoted will receive a guaranteed £62m for promotion and then a further £60m should they go back down.

Sound fair?

You have a choice to stop funding this sham.

Hi I am not an Aberdeen Fan but am a supporter of Scottish Football on the whole.

My Club play's in the SPFL but is of no relevance as to why it is I have gone to the bother or Joining your Forum.

My choice of Moniker and profile photo is however.

Before I start put you off completely I have not come on here to piss anyone off or wind you up christ knows Sevco have that job sewn up already :lolrangers:

No all I am doing is hoping to call on the support of fellow supporters across the Scottish Game to unite against the ever growing problem of funding within our game.

It is fairly apparent the SFA and the SPFL are hopeless at negotiating a fair deal when at the table with the likes of SKY.

Our game has been severely under sold and under valued by those entrusted to do their best for it and by it.

SKY However I and a growing number of fans in Scotland believe are very complicit in this too.

Their offer was derisory when you consider the facts:

SKY Subscriptions in Scotland work out at over £500m /year

Scottish Footballs deal works out at around £15m /year for 80+ Games

The English Premiership has just secured a deal from SKY worth £4.176 Bn

That works out at roughly £10m PER GAME.

For those mathematicians reading this will realise that 2 EPL Games are worth £5m more than what they deem our entire Season is worth.

In effect Scottish Subscribers to SKY are indirectly funding the EPL.

This as we all know is having a detrimental effect on our own game as the Financial Gap between North and South widens year on year.

The SFA,The SPFL and SKY will do nothing to change this.

The only people who can are the Fans.

That is you and I who may Subscribe to SKY month in month out without thinking of the adverse effect it is having on the Game we all love.

Money talks in Football and the only Language SKY know is the Language of Money.

If we that is the Supporters of the Scottish Game no the Lifeblood of our game join together and make a stand then It is my and a growing numbers belief we can make a stand and a genuine change.

So in a rather long winded way I ask all of you ,any of you who wish to see a fairer deal for our game to cancel your SKY Subscription today.

If we do nothing then expect more of the same.

I appreciate you taking time to read this folks and wish Aberdeen all the very best in the run in.

The Number to Call and Cancel SKY : 0344 261 0244

Obsessed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone..... Have been a follower all my life but have never actually been to a home match. Having travelled around i always seemed to end up at the away matches. Well now my youngest is into football and has seen sense and wants to go to a home game... Very exciting times...it will be the first time for both of us...

Hopefully you guys can help me out and tell me where the best place to get seats....want him to get the best experience he can for his first home game.

We went to the Inverness game at the last minute and ended up in the Inverness stand, and his wee face was dissapointed as he wanted to be with the livelier Dandys at the far end.... He is 10 this year, so any help much appreciated for the upcoming St Johnsone game....Dont want to be stood in front of any big pillars or restricted view areas,,,

Thanks in advance...

• Upvote 1

Family section in the Merkland is your best bet, won't be a great atmosphere anywhere in the ground but decent seats for his first game.

Not really many restricted views at Pittodrie unless you're close to the fence in the South stand or a few seats in the main stand, for better facilities the lower RDS but the Merkland would be fine for a kid.

Hi everyone..... Have been a follower all my life but have never actually been to a home match. Having travelled around i always seemed to end up at the away matches. Well now my youngest is into football and has seen sense and wants to go to a home game... Very exciting times...it will be the first time for both of us...

Hopefully you guys can help me out and tell me where the best place to get seats....want him to get the best experience he can for his first home game.

We went to the Inverness game at the last minute and ended up in the Inverness stand, and his wee face was dissapointed as he wanted to be with the livelier Dandys at the far end.... He is 10 this year, so any help much appreciated for the upcoming St Johnsone game....Dont want to be stood in front of any big pillars or restricted view areas,,,

Thanks in advance...

Depends if you don't mind his young ears hearing industrial language then head for the South if so as Dayts says above head for the Merkland. Should be a good atmosphere this weekend being the last game of the season and our best league finish in years.