Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

I think Murray just felt awkward.

The lassie Robson appears not to have grown up yet, her responses in the interview after the semi-final were the type of thing you'd expect from a child, all shrugged shoulders and stilted responses.

Still, she'd be worth a dunt, I reckon Murray might be nipping her on the side.

The lassie Robson appears not to have grown up yet, her responses in the interview after the semi-final were the type of thing you'd expect from a child, all shrugged shoulders and stilted responses.

she has far better social skills than you do.

Exactly, she seems like she's still maturing into a professional sportswoman, still uncomfortable in front of the camera. Anyone who watched the tennis closely would have noticed a degree of warmth between the two. Murray likes to hide his emotions as much as possible (that's when they do come out he's prone to becoming a blubbering mess). But if you look closely enough there are plenty of images of him behaving as a normal human being.

article-0-146105EA000005DC-431_634x418.jpg

265709_1.jpg

265535_1.jpg

They've played together before and are good pals:

703759-pn-image-sport-laura-robson-andy-murray-hopman-cup.jpg

4247641780_0859b87233_o.jpg

Andy_Murray_and_Laura_Robson_4_August.jpg

1907085000.jpg

Sarcasm now. A personality devoid of humour might resort to the lowest form of wit. What a bore. You're a mod aren't you? Isn't the whole point of the forum to have a laff and to have good chat? The zoomers that sotr speaks about come in three main categories in my experience. The extremely thick who don't know when to shut up. The extremely sad who want to fight with others on tinternet for the sake of confrontation, and the extremely boring who are so pedantic that they seek to point score all the time, having nothing of substance ever to contribute neither in terms of something interesting nor something for our amusement. You seem to be making a strong case for being included in the third group with your boring posts.

Insults now, almost the last refuge of a losing argument. We'll be onto threats next.. I'm not childish enough to respond and point out which category or categories you might be placed into. Best that we move on and perhaps try to draw a line under this.

Can we take a time out? What's the debate? I think he's a bore. You don't. Are you challenging my opinion? If so, put forward your case.

There isn't really a debate here.

You suggested originally that Andy had not put his arms round Robson and this was because he either was worried about upsetting his mum or girlfriend or was an emotional retard.

I offered an alternative explanation, which you then dismissed and again went for the emotional retardation angle.

I then showed you he had put his arms round Robson on a number of occasions and stated everytime I had seen Murray I hadn't considered him to be emotionally retarded.

You then posted as above.

Reasonable observations? What are you talking about? You don't understand how I, and the creators of a national television programme (and probably many posters on this thread if I was pedantic enough to trawl back through) find Murray a boring twat? What "concrete evidence" do you need? You do understand where perceptions come from and you do understand the value of instinct, don't you?

Based on over half a decade's worth of interviews which I've seen with my own eyes, based on what his girlfriend said when they split up - that he spends too much time playing computer games, based on the unhealthy obsessive freak of a mother, based on everything I've ever read about him or seen on TV, I think he's a boring human being. One of his biggest fans on here thinks he is dull and uninspiring too. These were his exact words.

You are now changing the terms of the discussion, that was never your original point. Andy Murray may be a boring person, and I think that is probably the case, but there is a difference to saying he is boring and saying

his capacity to love, exactly like his mother, is hugely underdeveloped and that he lacks confidence in dealing with others in normal human interactions.

Which was the conclusion you chose to draw from not seeing him hug Robson.

So are you now in the camp that he is, in your opinion, less than rounded? Are you agreeing with us now?

My observation to SOTR's point is that Murray's formative years differ little to those of the majority of successful sports people. The fact that in Scotland the norm is to go out and get pissed and shag around does not make the upbringing of those that don't do that freakish or unusual or less rounded rather it shows where Scottish sport is going wrong as few youngster are prepared/able not to go out and get pissed instead of training/ studying etc.

• Upvote 1

:laughing:

Pure class.

EDIT: The final must have finished soon after 6.30 pm last night. The reason I know this is that we were at the pub quiz that we occasionally attend on the first Sunday of the month at our local and the start (normally 6.30) was being delayed by the tennis. On the conclusion of the final, one of the locals said "Aaaaaah, pit yer arm eroon the quinie" and my wife and I caught each other's eye. When you've been together for over 26 years, you don't need words but the words that would have transpired might have been "that's exactly what we were saying", in relation to a previous round which I'm certain was the semi. The guy who said it isn't a student of sociology or human nature necessarily, in fact, given the amount of time he spends in there I would guess an unhealthy proportion of his wages as a digger driver would go over the bar.

To now have that observation be used by a pedant to say that it was factually wrong and therefore I'm not entitled to hold the opinion that I - and many, many others - have on the man is nonsense. He spent time finding pictures to the contrary. The fact was, that on the televised output, at the precise moments that some of us thought he might have put his arm around her, he didn't.

I never said anything of the sort. I never said that you were not entitled to hold that view nor indeed did i say explicitly that it was factually wrong. I merely stated my view on the subject and provided evidence to support it.

I'm amazed you even feel entitled to draw such conclusions from what was said. The issue is entirely subjective and you are way wide of the mark.

Why you feel the need to justify your opinions to me to the nth degree is beyond me. Don't waste your time I wasn't even debating the issue with you. Why don't you channel your energy into responding to some of Monkeys points - you'll need it.

• Upvote 1

You're onto a loss here Rocket. Boring or otherwise, Murray has shown that he has the mettle to dig deep and bounce back from disappointment. Whenever he is knocked he comes back stronger.

He's in the top 4 of one of the most competitive and hard fought sports on the face of the planet and he's Scottish. That's all I need to know about him.

I wasn't addressing you. I already proved how pathetic you are on the other thread, which you obviously resent but you ran away like a lickle girl. Grow up.

I didn't realise that they had made a fly-on-the-wall documentary charting your inner workings mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

The reason i haven't yet responded to your last post in that ''thread'' (note the use of inverted commas there) is because it would take soooo long for me too explain the situation to you it simply isn't worth my time. Your not interested in debate anyway. You're a flamer. You just look arguments.

p.s. For someone who claims to have taken a course in philosophy or whatever it was, you have an awful tendency to fall into circular reasoning and various other logical fallacy's.

Kind Regards,

BM

You say your spat with fs was a one off. Yet here you are doing the same thing.

You accuse me of not being interested in debate? I proved that you were incapable of adult debate.

You say I look for arguments? Yet you tried to pick a fight on a point of no consequence as you were so desperate for a fight.

It's very common to throw the same observations back at the observer. It's very common on the internet.

And you have the audacity to bring logic and reason into this. What a prick, as the deleted tee shirt said.

circular_reasoning_by_incorrect_password-d4b1vi8.jpg

No you didn't prove that i was incapable of adult debate. As is common with you, you did nothing of the sort, you merely provided the illusion that you did. You stated i was incapable of adult debate.

Funnily enough that's a prime example of your circular reasoning.

''I stated that Big Man is incapable of adult debate, therefore Big Man is incapable of adult debate''

I'm not now or ever saying you are not entitled to hold an opinion on Andy Murray, as I said previously "people's own perceptions of Murray are just that their own". I couldn't care what people think about Murray as I said I think he is probably a bit dull and boring.

But let's not get confused about who is twisting things and wriggling with their position.

Your original post was

Why couldn't Andy Murray put his arm around his mixed doubles partner just once even, the whole week?

He's not normal obviously but was it not wanting to make mummy or the bint jealous or is he otherwise genuinely emotionally retarded?

Now that's very clear in it's absence of the words "boring and dull"

Then you progressed your observations by stating that it would have been an "act of love" for him to have put his arm around her and that..

It is my opinion that Murray's driven determination has come at the cost of various aspects of personality. His mother is a freakish woman who is living vicariously through her son and she is not a healthy person from what I see. Certain aspects of Murray's personality have been compromised. You describe him as dull and uninspiring and devoid of personality. I reckon his capacity to love, exactly like his mother, is hugely underdeveloped and that he lacks confidence in dealing with others in normal human interactions.

Again no mention of "boring" or "dull"

But once this opinion is questioned and it becomes clear that there was close interactions between Murray and Robson with pictures provided (Calm down ByenEBergen, not those type of pictures) your stance changes to

Reasonable observations? What are you talking about? You don't understand how I, and the creators of a national television programme (and probably many posters on this thread if I was pedantic enough to trawl back through) find Murray a boring twat? What "concrete evidence" do you need? You do understand where perceptions come from and you do understand the value of instinct, don't you?

Based on over half a decade's worth of interviews which I've seen with my own eyes, based on what his girlfriend said when they split up - that he spends too much time playing computer games, based on the unhealthy obsessive freak of a mother, based on everything I've ever read about him or seen on TV, I think he's a boring human being. One of his biggest fans on here thinks he is dull and uninspiring too. These were his exact words.

And if you look closely enough you can see the subtle change in position.

We've gone from him being emotional retarded and having an underdeveloped capacity to love, lacking confidence in dealing with others in normal human interactions to being a boring twat.

I've been consistent. I've never liked your posts and I've told you so on a number of occasions. You must be hurting like hell that I've been posting this last period, having voted for my ban. Posters like you however, who twist the written record, take things totally out of context, offer nothing of interest ever and who sit there seeking out confrontations with others for whatever reasons, you make some of us lose the will to live. That's not an insult. It's an honest assessment of some of the zoomers that are acknowledged to exist and I include you in this. It's so pathetic to try and twist the record as you have. Bet you're great at parties too.

And there we have it. I knew there must be some reason you wanted to try and start an argument with me. You have a chip on your shoulder and believe your ban was my fault. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I can't accept that accolade although it's nice of you to have held this grudge for so long. If only your memory of our past correspondence was as strong as your apparent anger you may have recalled previously I had expressed the desire that you would remain a poster on the forum but hey ho.

I entered this thread to just offer a possible explanation as to why they may not have hugged which was a question posed by yourself originally, unfortunately, it appears you didn't like the answer and we appear to have gone off at a tangent and for that I'm not going to accept responsibility nor will I engage in your petty "zoomer definition" game.

P.S. I'm great at parties, I normally spend most of my time in the kitchen, pedantically correcting people on the jokes that they try and tell and their lack of knowledge about the music that is being played. :thumbs:

That wasn't the non-debate. Monkey objected to one of my comments again. sotr did first and we discussed it openly and honestly. Monkey then tried to twist the record and bigman jumped in to also try to get retaliation for previous. Some of us deal with words and posts only. Sick fucks like them haven't got the integrity to debate on words alone and will throw in fabrications and will repeat back their weaknesses at their detractors, as if this childish tactic wouldn't be noticed for what it is. Then you have fucking idiots who speak shite all the time and haven't got a fucking clue what day of the week it is.

I'm sorry I should let this go but WTF?

You asked a question on a forum and then when someone answers it they are "twisting the record."

You have to be fishing here....come on is that how you believe this thread developed?

And then to claim that

"some of us deal with words and posts only"
before going on to refer to those that you don't like as
"Sick fucks like them"
who
haven't got the integrity to debate on words alone and will throw in fabrications and will repeat back their weaknesses at their detractors

I can only assume that this is a piss take.

And for that I tip my hat to you. :applause:

This is where you twist. I think that he is emotionally retarded AND I agree with the many others, and the satirists who portrayed as such on national TV that he is boring.

That you found some pictures doesn't change my opinion, nor does it invalidate my position and it doesn't detract from what was shown on TV and what some of us observed. That I think he has a compromised personality does not depend on one television screening alone.

Now then, tell me what your objective is and what the debate is? What's the point of contention between us? What is worth all this effort?

I know not what the point of contention is.... You asked why they didn't hug and suggested some reasons, I offered an alternative explanation as to why they didn't hug and then you responded to this, seeking my continued contribution and calling my suggestions "absurd" and "far fetched", we went on from there.

As far as I can see we are at the point where we both appear to agree that he appears to be boring and dull, you have an opinion that he is emotionally damaged or has an unrounded personality, I don't hold that opinion. We should be able to move on from there leaving all of this behind us.

Try not to confuse me with BigMan though. :checkit:

Oh and it's always worth the effort it is an internet forum after all. :thumbs:

For me, the self satisfaction of knowing I'm probably right outweighs the amount of effort involved in making a long and detailed post that picks apart the opposition's argument.

Self satisfaction is all well and good BC but if people were allowed to just go around presenting erroneous statements as fact where would we be. Sometimes it is ones public duty to point out when someone is wrong if not just for their benefit but for the whole of society. It may not be appriciated by the people you help, I'm sure they are quite happy in their state of ignorance, they say ignorance is bliss after all but as Socrates ( no, not that one) said

There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.
It's important to spread goodness around despite how much effort it may take. :thumbs:
  • 2 weeks later...

Rafa Nadal has pulled out of US Open.

Bullshit, how can you start off your argument stating rafa nadal is gay and then show some pictures of him hugging a goat before twisting your argument to rafa is pulling out of the us open due to some chip on your shoulder over the Gore Vidal thread you pedant. You're as bad as Bobby Connor.